Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

** Update: Will Buckley moves to Sunderland confirmed, three-year deal **

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
If this has gone through then I'd love to hear from our directors to re-assure us.

When will we see an incoming ?

Skylar

Banned
Jul 29, 2014
As Buckley didn't hand in a transfer request then do we have to pay up his remaining 3 years wages and loyalty bonus ? If we do and have to pay Watford 15% then we're left with very little from the transfer.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
As Buckley didn't hand in a transfer request then do we have to pay up his remaining 3 years wages and loyalty bonus ? If we do and have to pay Watford 15% then we're left with very little from the transfer.

No, of course not. If he leaves, his contract is terminated.

Players often move without giving in transfer requests. It's still their choice though, they don't have to go.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Anyone call sell a player. Buying a decent one is more difficult.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
it does not work like that.

I dont no how it works, but its not like that. He would get a signing on bonus from Sunderland maybe?

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain

Loyalty bonus, if there was one yes, wages no

Skylar

Banned
Jul 29, 2014
No, of course not. If he leaves, his contract is terminated.

Players often move without giving in transfer requests. It's still their choice though, they don't have to go.

Thanks, it's a relief to know that. The other reason I asked the question was because I saw in the other thread about Ward and that he'll want his remaining wages paid and a loyalty bonus so thought it might apply to Buckers.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
18 days to make our squad competitive realistically all we need is a solid Left Back, Attacking Midfielder and Striker.

To make our squad competitive again we need more than 3 players. More like 5-6 players

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
Bad news 10 - Good News 0

The club may well be trying and will possibly bring in some good replacements BUT they need a lesson in how to at least keep the team and fans slightly motivated.

Oh well at least we have a nice ground, will be able to stretch of and watch games laying down son as plenty of people will get ****ed off and leave. Will make most of NSC happy as they never liked the JCL's :rolleyes:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I always remember the words of Micky Adams at a Fans Forum c. 2001: "Don't sell a player unless you have a replacement already lined up".

Dodgy hamstrings or not, this sale makes no sense. We've already got £12million in the bank from players sales, so don't need to sell. Or is there something we haven't been told?

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
Gutted. What a player. Really trying to remain positive. He wouldn't have fitted into Sami's formation. But this had better be part of a huge masterplan to revolutionise the team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here