Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

** Update: Will Buckley moves to Sunderland confirmed, three-year deal **

Kevlar

Dec 20, 2013
At his fastest he was one of the real threats we had in the final third.
I am not sure he has been at his fastest for sometime.
I think lack of quality in the final third has pulled us up short of promotion
in the last couple of years .Buckley joining other people exiting the club
leaves Lua Lua and CMS as our major threat who have not exactly set the
championship on fire .
There is much comments on the lack of creativity deeper in the team in the midfield
but it is in the final third where we are most desperate for quality wing play or
inside forward play and of course centre forward play.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
In so much as every club in the world bar Real Madrid and Barcelona has a ceiling, that's football..... this ceiling still lost nearly £15m in that financial year.

Don't great managers achieve regardless of the constraints put upon them? Great men certainly deal with the situation beter than GP did.

We lost £15m thanks to clever accounting. The club admit that.

D

Deleted member 22389

We seem to find it so much easier to sell players than to buy them. Without 4-6 quality signings folks we may well go down this season. The thought makes me shudder.

If after 12 or 13 games we are bottom of the league, I will agree with you. I'm not feeling very confident with the setup at the moment. Ulloa and the reported sale of Buckley, that's 11 million that I hope will go back in to the pot for 3 or 4 good players. If we don't I will be really dissapointed.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
As much as I think he has fantastic skill, we hardly ever see it and it is mostly ineffective. This would be a good bit of business however everyone seems to be assuming he will pass a medical!!!

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
As much as I think he has fantastic skill, we hardly ever see it and it is mostly ineffective. This would be a good bit of business however everyone seems to be assuming he will pass a medical!!!
As has been said, it's not good business unless we actually spend the money - & spend it well

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Normally, i think selling Buckley for 3 Million would be reasonable and i'd accept it. However, with the current state of the squad, and the fact we are looking at a Barnsley reject as a replacement, I'm pretty pissed off.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
No that was like £1-2 million of the loss.

We had several players on over £15k a week is the main reason.

Do you have a source for that? The 1-2m bit?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Sad as i will be to see Buckley go ..the over riding factor is the clubs ability to sign a replacement of any quality ..remains to be seen doesn't it..clock ticking ...still i guess there is the loan market after August 31st

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Buckley is better than what is maybe coming in. Cant understand people being happy for him to go with out better signed and already here. Squad is thin yet we are happy to losing one of our better players.

Laughable.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Buckley is better than what is maybe coming in. Cant understand people being happy for him to go with out better signed and already here. Squad is thin yet we are happy to losing one of our better players.

Laughable.

I completely agree with you. One of the few players left at the club that I am excited about when his name is on the team sheet.

Art Morte

Aug 9, 2014
If you're willing to sell yet another player, you must have some big plans for incoming transfers. It's looking worrying, Brighton cashing in on their stars with a sense of surrender.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
poyet just interviewed live on sky,not saying much,but said he knows the player which is easier,but said it was unfair to speak just in case it doesnt happen

Dan The Man

Sep 27, 2011
Mile Oak
Gus on SSN now saying looking forward to 1 signing by Sat - wonder who that could be?

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
We designed the Pitch so it wS nice and wide and ideal for wingers etc.We are now flogging our best winger as he doesn't fit our system and we will now have a flooded midfield trying to squeeze a pass thru the eye of a needle to our static front man
Worrying times !

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
This is the third big sale in a row where I know a year ago I would hate them to be sold but now I'm not too bothered. Bridcutt, Ulloa and now Buckley have not looked like their heart is in it anymore.

Why is their heart not in it anymore?

It's at times like these when I worry about what is happening at our club.

Glawstergull

May 21, 2004
GLAWSTERSHIRE
He may(?) be our best winger but he doesn't play very often and hasn't made much impact for some time.
It is unlikely my ranting will change anything.
There may be a great deal of activity going on that will lead to some significant signings.
The window is still very open.

When all is done and finished i may then find the need to call for mass executions.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Not sure on this one - one of our best players for certain, but plays so few games before the hamstring goes again. If he stays fit we should do all we can to keep him, but it seems like the deal is done. We need incoming players of quality now as the depression is mounting.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here