Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

** Update: Will Buckley moves to Sunderland confirmed, three-year deal **

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Why would he get on a plane from Gatwick, to go to Birmingham and from there catch another flight to the North.

Perhaps he watched the AIRPLANE dvd - Rex Kramer: [points out the window] There he is. Striker, you're coming in too fast!

Seagulls56

Oct 20, 2013
Don't get how anyone can say this is good business same with ulloa we are doing nothing with the money we are getting so it's not good business at all!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Seems a crap article in Echo. Poyet making statements that they will sell him if he doesn't sign but then banging on about him being part of the future. Why would they think they will get much compensation for him if he goes on a free next summer. They've hardly had much of a hand in developing him, that was done by Ipswich!

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Last time I can remember him having a good game was Huddersfield away Nov 2012, got injured shortly after and not been the same player since. Seems too have lost all confidence and his explosive pace. Buckley chipping the ball over the left back and running onto it seems a distant memory now. Sadly take the money and reinvest.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
I keep saying it. Get used to plenty of loans and the O Grady type of player as we will not be buying any star names . The money recieved will be invested in the Academy and FFP

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Why would he get on a plane from Gatwick, to go to Birmingham and from there catch another flight to the North.

Because he's a professional footballer, and in all likelihood an idiot.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

If he missed the early morning direct flight to Newcastle, I think he may have to change flights.

scooter1

How soon is now?
Last time I can remember him having a good game was Huddersfield away Nov 2012, got injured shortly after and not been the same player since. Seems too have lost all confidence and his explosive pace. Buckley chipping the ball over the left back and running onto it seems a distant memory now. Sadly take the money and reinvest.
He was instrumental in the 5 minute demolition of Bolton at home last season. After the game he was interviewed and said something along the lines of "its great to be back and hopefully I can kick on from here". Next game he was poor, then injured, and that was it......
Every player has a price, and for what we've seen of WB in the last couple of years £2.5m plus a sell on clause would be great business. If he shines under Poyet once more, then well done Poyet and his fitness team, but he's just a tad too fragile

Seagulls56

Oct 20, 2013
He was instrumental in the 5 minute demolition of Bolton at home last season. After the game he was interviewed and said something along the lines of "its great to be back and hopefully I can kick on from here". Next game he was poor, then injured, and that was it......
Every player has a price, and for what we've seen of WB in the last couple of years £2.5m plus a sell on clause would be great business. If he shines under Poyet once more, then well done Poyet and his fitness team, but he's just a tad too fragile

How is it great business ? We are doing nothing with the money please explain

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
We seem to find it so much easier to sell players than to buy them. Without 4-6 quality signings folks we may well go down this season. The thought makes me shudder.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
You have to admit though, Poyet was right about the ceiling ?

In so much as every club in the world bar Real Madrid and Barcelona has a ceiling, that's football..... this ceiling still lost nearly £15m in that financial year.

Don't great managers achieve regardless of the constraints put upon them? Great men certainly deal with the situation beter than GP did.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Every time a decent players leaves, the less attractive the club is to potential signings. It all feels like a bad dream,

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Every time a decent players leaves, the less attractive the club is to potential signings. It all feels like a bad dream,

More like a bloody nightmare. I can't quite believe what is happening to our club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here