Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Unfunny comedians

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
Lenny Henry is just an insult to the audience's intelligence. He mimed to a backing tape of Free's "Little bit of love" during a 'musical' interlude.It was probably funnier than his 'jokes'.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
If nobody has yet mentioned Jeremy Hardy, that would be an oversight :tosser:

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Am I missing something with the whole Keith Lemon thing? I know it's meant to be a satire of some kind, and I haven't really tried very hard. But not sure I get it at all.

Oh I completely forgot Leigh Francis, whatever he does now is consistently terrible.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Shappi Khorsandi.
Shappi Khorsandi.
Shappi Khorsandi.

Oh yes and Russell Howard.
went to see her in haywards heath , she was good , but got a bit whiny towards the end and started lecturing us on asylum seekers , which irritates me as she is/was one herself.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I think he's really funny :) but maybe becoming a bit overdone at present. Love Stewart Lee too :)

Stewart Lee makes me laugh so much I get cramps in my head.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Whilst we all agree on Lenny Henry some people have some very odd ideas about who isn't funny.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
'bitch' - nice use of gender-specific abuse. Can I join in and give a gender-specific insult about Hardy? Apart from being a smug, unfunny knob, he's also an IRA-lover who has even stumped up significant amounts of bail money for members of the IRA. He's a cock.
I never knew that , what a :wanker:

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Morecombe and Wise. OK I know they are now dead but you cannot say that they ae no longer with us, as every Xmas they get wheeled out. Growing up in the 70s you couldn't escape the buggers but it's hard to even these days. For me they weren't funny in their pomp and they are even less funny now. Indeed a marker of the inevitable march of human progress (notwithstanding the profile given to D.Trump and of course R. Howard) should be the total eradication of M&W from our screens. Merry Christmas!
Never , ever understood how people found them funny.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
There was some bloke on Christmas at the Apollo earlier this week that was just desperate (the one Nina Conti hosted). Came on dressed in some sort of high-viz top with shoulder pads, proceeded to inflate his trousers and generally act like a pissed up 14 year old. Least funny 'comedian' I think I have seen on the telly.
I saw that, and agree !

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Roy Chubby Brown
Bernard Manning
Jim Davidson

All three had one stock in trade - find someone weak or different (in real life or in the audience) and bully them, either slyly or overtly. I like 'edgy' humour, but any element of bullying just kills it for me. That why I don't like Pricky Gervaise, either.

Again I do not get this, RG sides with the less fortunate. Derek for example is not taking the pIss, Derek is the hero in the show, the good guy!

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Again I do not get this, RG sides with the less fortunate. Derek for example is not taking the pIss, Derek is the hero in the show, the good guy!

The character of Derek is so two-dimensional, it could have been written by Dickens. It could have lots of potential but Gervais reduces it to mawkish mediocrity.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
The character of Derek is so two-dimensional, it could have been written by Dickens. It could have lots of potential but Gervais reduces it to mawkish mediocrity.

The mawkishness (if that is a word) is a little overdone and forced in some episodes but I think the sweetness and kindness comes across well in others.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here