Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Unfunny comedians

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Alan Partridge.
How do people manage to laugh at such a deluded, insincere, tactless and largely talentless TV host has always been beyond me.
Also a bully, the way he treated his PA was disgusting and people laughed at this.
I was so pleased when he got 'found out' and demoted to a very early show on some backwater radio station in Norfolk, where he continued to upset all the locals, including farmers the Irish and his fellow DJ's.
This fool continued to embarrass himself on a daily basis to the extent that he did not even know what a cup of beans is.
Trying to fool people with 8 inch plates, embarrassing the elderly by suggesting that they clog up toilets with mashed up Dundee cake, stealing traffic cones, pretending to wash himself in front of a young girl with pretend small peices of soap, dressing up like a zombie by vandalising his hotel room and dismantling a trouser press.
The list is endless.
And apparently this man is popular.
Some people!

For someone who doesn't like him you haven't half watched a lot of it though have you?!

Top [emoji476]

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
To quote the bible of wikipedia...
Graham William Walker (born 4 April 1963), better known by his stage name Graham Norton,[2] is an Irish television and radio presenter, comedian, and actor.

He may have wrote it himself... :D

And an actor, is there no end to his talent? :smile:

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Morecombe and Wise. OK I know they are now dead but you cannot say that they ae no longer with us, as every Xmas they get wheeled out. Growing up in the 70s you couldn't escape the buggers but it's hard to even these days. For me they weren't funny in their pomp and they are even less funny now. Indeed a marker of the inevitable march of human progress (notwithstanding the profile given to D.Trump and of course R. Howard) should be the total eradication of M&W from our screens. Merry Christmas!

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Morecombe and Wise. OK I know they are now dead but you cannot say that they ae no longer with us, as every Xmas they get wheeled out. Growing up in the 70s you couldn't escape the buggers but it's hard to even these days. For me they weren't funny in their pomp and they are even less funny now. Indeed a marker of the inevitable march of human progress (notwithstanding the profile given to D.Trump and of course R. Howard) should be the total eradication of M&W from our screens. Merry Christmas!

Not having that.

They always made me laugh. Granted not everything they did was funny, but their interaction with each other and comedy timing was amazing. Their ability to get famous people to send themselves up was ahead of its time as well. Mr Preview anyone?

Ditto Laurel and Hardy who were total geniuses.......

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
There was some bloke on Christmas at the Apollo earlier this week that was just desperate (the one Nina Conti hosted). Came on dressed in some sort of high-viz top with shoulder pads, proceeded to inflate his trousers and generally act like a pissed up 14 year old. Least funny 'comedian' I think I have seen on the telly.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes

oh you've brought back some bad memories .... Christmas childhood with relatives from that London pissing themselves at M and W
:sick:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Roy Chubby Brown
Bernard Manning
Jim Davidson

All three had one stock in trade - find someone weak or different (in real life or in the audience) and bully them, either slyly or overtly. I like 'edgy' humour, but any element of bullying just kills it for me. That why I don't like Pricky Gervaise, either.

Oddly, though, I find that fat faced bloke who prances about on Saturday primetime TV pictured earlier in this thread (whose name momentarily escapes me) quite amusing. Mr Tackle, who is a cultural snob, threatens to defenestrate me for this, however.

The dull Russel bloke, and Dave Gorman are very boring.

But for me, the very most unfunny comedian ever was Bernie Winters (alone, or with his brother). He failed to provoke me even into a wry smile. As for that ****ing dog, Snorbits.... I am feeling angry again . . . .:mad:

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Roy Chubby Brown
Bernard Manning
Jim Davidson

All three had one stock in trade - find someone weak or different (in real life or in the audience) and bully them, either slyly or overtly. I like 'edgy' humour, but any element of bullying just kills it for me. That why I don't like Pricky Gervaise, either.

Oddly, though, I find that fat faced bloke who prances about on Saturday primetime TV pictured earlier in this thread (whose name momentarily escapes me) quite amusing. Mr Tackle, who is a cultural snob, threatens to defenestrate me for this, however.

The dull Russel bloke, and Dave Gorman are very boring.

But for me, the very most unfunny comedian ever was Bernie Winters (alone, or with his brother). He failed to provoke me even into a wry smile. As for that ****ing dog, Snorbits.... I am feeling angry again . . . .:mad:

Christ YES! M&B Winters were like a VERY poor man's Morecombe and Wise. I suspect that younger NSC guys might not appreciate the hell that an older generation had to suffer in the name of entertainment in decades gone by. And before that the poor *******s had people like Tommy Trinder to contend with!

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
I don't know how this thread has reached almost 200 posts, Prince Monolulu had it right in post #2.

Michael MacIntyre.

He is the exact opposite of funny.

All the others may be tedious, offensive or otherwise a but shit but the mere sight of MM drains the joy from my life.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Jim Davidson.
An idea popped into my head a few months back that perhaps I'd been judging him unfairly all these years - after all, I'd only seen 20-second clips of his material from the 80s, so I attempted with an open mind to watch one of his more modern routines, with the aim of watching the whole performance, perhaps even finding him funny.
I lasted just over 10 minutes before I left the website :glare:

Very good shout that. He did a gig at the East Sussex National when I was working there. It was painful to watch even though I was being paid for it. I should have sued my employers really.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I'll start the bidding with Russell Howard and Sussex's own Romesh Ranganathan - but especially Russell Howard.

I think Ramesh is excellent as a panel guy, but agree re stand up. Howard really is a mixed bag for me.

The worst stand ups I've seen are Frankie Boyle, who was absolutely terrible, and Sean Locke, who I think is very good on panel shows usually, but had nothing when alone on a stage.

Gary Delaney, Micky Flanagan, Milton Jones and Russell Howard are amongst the best I've seen live.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here