Ulloa to Palace ?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I would be completely and utterly gob-smacked if we sold Ulloa in this transfer window, and especially to Palarse. It would trash our season at a stroke and turn us from a decent Championship side into one that will probably struggle to stay up and/or have to rely on loans from other clubs. After the euphoria of the last couple of years, this really would be a major dampener and would have the potential to turn off the interest of season ticket holders in droves.

Please don't do it Tony. You know it doesn't make sense.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Palace now trying offers on football rumours....

01 Sep 2013 14:18:25
Leonardo Ulloa is at Beckenham discussing a deal to take him to Palace, Owen Garven going the other way in exchange. Deal believed to worth £3, 250. 00.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
says the obvious Palace fan masquerading as Albion :rotlf: are you Simster in disguise ?

WTF are you on about? I may be Palace but I've met Simster and he's Brighton through and through. Hates Palace in exactly the same way as I hate you lot.

I'm gobsmacked that a newbee dickweed Brighton fan, with a worrying obsession about attendances, could question the alligence of Simster.

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
Palace now trying offers on football rumours....

01 Sep 2013 14:18:25
Leonardo Ulloa is at Beckenham discussing a deal to take him to Palace, Owen Garven going the other way in exchange. Deal believed to worth £3, 250. 00.

Money plus Garvan would actually be a good deal for all parties, obviously made up though.

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
Are you out of your mind ?? How the **** would losing Leo and gaining that **** Garvan be a good deal?

I'm a Palarse fan, I know you will 100% need to replace Ulloa as you're relying on him way too much already but you'd be getting a very good Championship midfielder if he was part of the deal.

Very unlikely to happen, buying from rivals always comes with an inflated fee.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I'm a Palarse fan, I know you will 100% need to replace Ulloa as you're relying on him way too much already but you'd be getting a very good Championship midfielder if he was part of the deal.

You've just completely contradicted yourself. To say selling our only striker and ,trade him with an immobile midfielder, is good for all parties is embarrassing.

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
You've just completely contradicted yourself. To say selling our only striker and ,trade him with an immobile midfielder, is good for all parties is embarrassing.

Garvan won't get the game time he wants at Palace, but our record with him in the team last season was excellent compared to when he was injured. Given that you like to play a passing game and we're possibly looking to get rid, you'd be acquiring a decent player. I said that as a side point from selling Ulloa, if I were a Brighton fan I would rather have cash + Garvan rather than just cash, geddit now?

Anyway, I'd be amazed if we bought him given how screwed it would leave you for goals, the fact you appear so squirmish over the transfer is rather humerous though.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
If we sold Ulloa tomorrow I would genuinely think about writing to the club and asking them to refund my season ticket money. And that is the first time such a thought would have crossed my mind in 15 consecutive years as a season ticket holder. It would effectively be us hoisting up the white flag on our season on September 2nd, as we'd have no time to replace him permanently and no chance of signing anyone on loan who is even a fraction as good. We simply don't have another player capable of playing upfront on their own, let alone one who will score 20 goals in the process. It would simply be beyond belief that the club could in any way justify it to the 23,000 people who are prepared to put money in its bank account every single month, and I trust Tony Bloom not to do it. But if he did, well, the shit would hit the fan big time.

Ulloa is going nowhere. Bloom is not an idiot. Everyone has their price of course and I would imagine any suitors would be told £10m+ I can't really see anyone offering that in this window. Even if he was banging them in come January I doubt Bloom would sell the one asset that could fire us to a £120m EPL jackpot. Ulloa will still be a seagull on Tuesday. :falmer:

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset

You can't have Ulloa or Bridcutt.......but you can have Barnes for two bob and a set of training shirts......go for it.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Ulloa is going nowhere. Bloom is not an idiot. Everyone has their price of course and I would imagine any suitors would be told £10m+ I can't really see anyone offering that in this window. Even if he was banging them in come January I doubt Bloom would sell the one asset that could fire us to a £120m EPL jackpot. Ulloa will still be a seagull on Tuesday. :falmer:

What's EPL?......never heard of it.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Surprised this has made 15 pages. Not a hope in hell he's going anywhere. Wouldn't be surprised to see Bridcutt go but not to the goons up the road.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports