Ulloa to Palace ?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
Garvan won't get the game time he wants at Palace, but our record with him in the team last season was excellent compared to when he was injured. Given that you like to play a passing game and we're possibly looking to get rid, you'd be acquiring a decent player. I said that as a side point from selling Ulloa, if I were a Brighton fan I would rather have cash + Garvan rather than just cash, geddit now?

Anyway, I'd be amazed if we bought him given how screwed it would leave you for goals, the fact you appear so squirmish over the transfer is rather humerous though.

But we dont want Garvan, hes crap. And selling Ulloa is just completely out of the question

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
There's a lot of noise around transfer deadline day and i know some on here are sceptical about The Argus/press but what is true is that they actually talk to agents, the players, their friends before writing stories. So here's Andy dismissing the current stories about about Ulloa and Bridcutt. He's a lot closer to #bhafc players than probably any other journalist.

[tweet]374438757908217857[/tweet]
[tweet]374439303914348544[/tweet]

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Money plus Garvan would actually be a good deal for all parties, obviously made up though.

Shall we analyse that a little more closely, with respect to 'all parties'?

Palace; Ulloa's current value is probably about £6m. So unless you value Garvan at almost £3m, you'd financially be getting a VERY good deal. You'd also be getting a fabulous player, who might just help keep you up. Verdict: CORRECT

Brighton; Would be underselling Ulloa by at least £2m. Would be leaving the squad bereft of a single fit striker, ending any hope of challenging this season. And would be gaining an un-needed midfielder on wages higher than we would wish to pay for a squad player. Verdict: WRONG

Ulloa; Would be a quick step up in his career, but probably a short-lived one. The derisory value they've placed on him, might also be reflected in the wages they'd offer. A huge rise, but he might well do better, waiting for a proper Prem club in a year's time. Beyond the finances, Ulloa has settled in brilliantly, with Spanish speaking manager and coaching staff, and with a support structure of Spanish senior players around him. Would his football suffer if you replace that with Worzel Gummige and Paddy McCarthy. Who knows? Verdict: WRONG

Garvan; Would have to accept dropping a division, after starting the season as a regular in the Palace match-day squad. And would need to take a dip in wages, to move to a club where he'd struggle to get a start. Verdict: WRONG

So, not quite ALL parties, then?

albionite

May 20, 2009
There's a lot of noise around transfer deadline day and i know some on here are sceptical about The Argus/press but what is true is that they actually talk to agents, the players, their friends before writing stories. So here's Andy dismissing the current stories about about Ulloa and Bridcutt. He's a lot closer to #bhafc players than probably any other journalist.

[tweet]374438757908217857[/tweet]
[tweet]374439303914348544[/tweet]

That reads like a palace fan asking Naylor questions

Goldstone76

Jun 13, 2013
Bridcutt imho is replaceable.. Ulloa most definately isnt and I really dont feel he would go to Palace anyway. Bridcutt is more likely to go but again most def not to Palace. Ive said it before here and I will say it again.. Palace will struggle to bring in players because they are seen as one of the weakest teams in the Premiership.

albionite

May 20, 2009
Sky reports both offers for Bridcutt and Glad Ulloa have been turned down by Brighton but that might not stop the players from leaving.
Would be madness to let either go but I'd rather Liam if I had the choice, Ulloa was non existent in the play off semi :)

So sky reports who normally get there rumours wrong say they still could go even though I doubt they know sh*t and you feel the need to share this. palace mong

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Sky reports both offers for Bridcutt and Glad Ulloa have been turned down by Bha, I reckon an improved offer will secure one or both, here's hoping.
Would be madness to let either go but I'd rather Liam if I had the choice, Ulloa was non existent in the play off semi :),

Not back at school yet then.

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
Oh how I would love this to come off! :clap2:

Back in the real world, there is surely no way on this planet that Bloom and Barber would let Ulloa and/or Bridcutt come to Palace. I wonder who had the thankless task of phoning Brighton and how did that conversation go down? Hi, it's Palace here and we would like to buy your two best players? :) I don't think even I would have had the front to do that!

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Back in the real world, there is surely no way on this planet that Bloom and Barber would let Ulloa and/or Bridcutt come to Palace. I wonder who had the thankless task of phoning Brighton and how did that conversation go down? Hi, it's Palace here and we would like to buy your two best players? :) I don't think even I would have had the front to do that!

I imagine the response contained a lot of laughter and a "You're joking. Who is this?!"

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I imagine the response contained a lot of laughter and a "You're joking. Who is this?!"

Playing devils advocate here do you think TB would turn down a £20M cash upfront offer for Ulloa and Bridcutt ?

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Playing devils advocate here do you think TB would turn down a £20M cash upfront offer for Ulloa and Bridcutt ?

Two weeks ago definately not.... today yes because it will give us no chance to get anyone in.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Perhaps expecting Jeremy Beadle to walk in at any moment wearing a hilarious false beard & dressed as a traffic warden?

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
Ulloa will not be moving anywhere, Nothing story.

Can see Bridcutt moving on though.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
ONE season in the Premier league watched by plastic (but still fairly pitiful by modern Prem standards) crowds and they think they can lord it above us like it's a situation set in stone.

I can't wait for these twats to get relegated, when they will be back to the usual 14,000 and hopefully we nick the 2 or 3 players of theirs worth having.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports