Ulloa to Palace ?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I may be being smug, but no more than when most posters on here (on threads about Palace) were writing us off and making statements like we'll have the lowest points total ever or our strike force is laughable. Don't see why an infraction was necessary, but I respect your decision.

NSC welcomes all but it is, primarily, for Albion fans. As such, taking the piss out of Palace is always going to happen.

Think of this place as a pub full of Albion fans. If you walked into that pub and started to loudly goad them, the landlord is likely to warn you to change your tone rapidly. I don't like warning and banning anyone, Palace or otherwise, but opposition fans goading my regulars makes my life more troublesome and I'd rather avoid that when I can.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
You can only dream of Leo or Bridders in your fake Barca kit. How's the stadium redevelopment coming on btw?

not happening at the moment as they have run out of matches and petrol

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23923633

Palace have also bid £2.5m for Callum McManaman

Seem to be taking an incredibly scattergun approach to signings aren't they? And they won't be making any friends chucking around paltry amounts of money! Again, a real class difference between the way we pursue our targets quietly, with respect to the clubs approached and the loudmouth way that Palace have been shouting about targets! Tomorrow could be interesting as they panic...

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
"Callum McManaman is not leaving Wigan," added Whelan.
"He is a great talent with a bright future and we think we can develop him. He's going nowhere."

Would be the same thing we'd say about Liam or Leo if these offers were serious.

albionite

May 20, 2009
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23923633

Palace have also bid £2.5m for Callum McManaman

Seem to be taking an incredibly scattergun approach to signings aren't they? And they won't be making any friends chucking around paltry amounts of money! Again, a real class difference between the way we pursue our targets quietly, with respect to the clubs approached and the loudmouth way that Palace have been shouting about targets! Tomorrow could be interesting as they panic...
£2.5M for that player lol. They pay over the odds for Gayle and give derisory offers for players that are worth a lot more

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
It's been reported for some time that we been after Milligan from Melbourne Victory. He apparently wants to join, but the club is reluctant. Can't see him and Bridcutt joining, so having some competition is likely to make one blink first.

I may be being smug, but no more than when most posters on here (on threads about Palace) were writing us off and making statements like we'll have the lowest points total ever or our strike force is laughable. Don't see why an infraction was necessary, but I respect your decision.

What on earth is laughable about writing you lot off? I know most of your fans are knew to this footy lark but one win against a team as crap as you isn't an excuse for gloating. You are in for a humiliating season, no doubt about it.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
You wouldn't be able to turn down £5 million, you're skint and need the cash urgent.
Says the club who ripped off business's twice Admin twice...even in our lowest ebb we never went into Admin,we sold our highest asset to keep going....and we certainly do not need £5m for Ulloa and £1.75m for Bridcutt....if you paid that much for Gayle...who I think is just average then it's a case of....'How deep are your pockets...

Syph

Banned
Feb 20, 2013
What on earth is laughable about writing you lot off? I know most of your fans are knew to this footy lark but one win against a team as crap as you isn't an excuse for gloating. You are in for a humiliating season, no doubt about it.

Some mug on here said our front line isn't good enough for the Championship, scoring more goals than any other team in the Premier League yesterday is, in my book, a reason for coming back and saying 'hi'. There's no reason to write us off, other than a petty attempt at belittling a team most Brighton fans don't know anything about.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Some mug on here said our front line isn't good enough for the Championship, scoring more goals than any other team in the Premier League yesterday is, in my book, a reason for coming back and saying 'hi'. There's no reason to write us off, other than a petty attempt at belittling a team most Brighton fans don't know anything about.

Look at your squad. Look at the squads of other Premier League teams.
That's why you've been written off.

Well, that and you've been relegated during every time you've gone up.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004

ONE WIN against an awful side. You didn't beat Chelsea 6-0 did you? I'm starting to think you don't know much about football - are you one of the 10,000 'new' fans?

Oh and we know plenty about your side as tedious bores like yourself are always on here telling us about them!

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

But nobody else was playing Sunderland who you will be battling for last place with.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
If we sold Ulloa tomorrow I would genuinely think about writing to the club and asking them to refund my season ticket money. And that is the first time such a thought would have crossed my mind in 15 consecutive years as a season ticket holder. It would effectively be us hoisting up the white flag on our season on September 2nd, as we'd have no time to replace him permanently and no chance of signing anyone on loan who is even a fraction as good. We simply don't have another player capable of playing upfront on their own, let alone one who will score 20 goals in the process. It would simply be beyond belief that the club could in any way justify it to the 23,000 people who are prepared to put money in its bank account every single month, and I trust Tony Bloom not to do it. But if he did, well, the shit would hit the fan big time.

We took I forget how long to sign him to replace Murray and now just to think of selling him at the first opportunity is disgusting

Syph

Banned
Feb 20, 2013
ONE WIN against an awful side. You didn't beat Chelsea 6-0 did you? I'm starting to think you don't know much about football - are you one of the 10,000 'new' fans?

Oh and we know plenty about your side as tedious bores like yourself are always on here telling us about them!

We made them look awful. We didn't look out of place against Spurs or Stoke either. I'm not saying we're safe, it'll be a long tough season; however, I don't think writing us off is fair. We earned the place in that league after all.

As I said on another thread, I've been going since 2002 and a season ticket holder since 2003.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
We took I forget how long to sign him to replace Murray and now just to think of selling him at the first opportunity is disgusting

We will not sell him. All these news reports are quite clearly an attempt to appease Palace fans worrying because they have come nowhere near even the other Championship clubs that have come up in terms of strengthening, let alone the teams that are already in the BPL.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports