Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

TWO MORE SITES added to the list of alternatives to Falmer

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Ex Shelton Seagull said:
This is all getting a bit too much like Alabama for my liking. Can we not wait until we hear what he has to say for himself before we start posting peoples addresses up here?

If this was Alabama, we'd have firebombed that adress by now...

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
When we get the decision for Falmer I propose a Celebration march in blue and white right through the center of F***** FALMER!!!!

:censored:

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
He is a supporter of Brighton & Hove Albion.

I f***ing doubt that!!!! AAAAAAAAH is this thing going to take forever!!!!! At this rate i will have done my degree, had 2 kids and married Jake Robinson by the time Falmer gets built!!!!!

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
He is a supporter of Brighton & Hove Albion.

REALLY ? ? :eek:

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
ben andrews' girlfriend said:
I f***ing doubt that!!!! AAAAAAAAH is this thing going to take forever!!!!! At this rate i will have done my degree, had 2 kids and married Jake Robinson by the time Falmer gets built!!!!!

Like a footballer's ever going to marry anyone with a degree! :D

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
Andy Horton spends a year examining the biology and behaviour of the rock pool fish and other marine life.

Quote from the link above.

Methinks you amy need to get out a bit mkore and stop being such a

MEDDLESOME ANNOYING LITTLE PRICK WHO SHOULD STUFF YOUR INTERESTING FLORA AND FUNGI UP YOUR f***ing ARSE.

Stumpy Tim

I feel sorry for Horton myself. I mean look at the picture of him on his web-site

kermit.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Stumpy Tim said:
I feel sorry for Horton myself. I mean look at the picture of him on his web-site

andy2.JPG

try and keep up Tim ;)

At this stage, the most significant thing about these two sites might not be whether the case for a stadium is strong or weak (it's weak in both cases, btw), but what the effect will be on the Inquiry Programme.

We will have to listen to days of additional evidence from Falmer Parish Council, explaining why they think each site meets the criteria that Prescott has laid down. Then we'll have to listen to the Albion refute all of those arguments, with equally detailed evidence and expensive expert witnesses.

And then we'll over-run the original timetable for the Inquiry. And they'll have to make sure that the Inspector is available for extra time, and that other key players aren't on holiday, and that Brighton Town Hall (or some other venue) is available.

Then the Inspector will take longer to write his report.

And then the ODPM won't receive it until after 5 April - which means that when Blair announces an election on 5 May, Prescott will not be able to announce any sort of decision until after the election.

And then there'll be a post-election reshuffle, which will leave Prescott as Deputy Prime Minister, but will transfer Planning away from his department to a new Environment and Transport Department, with a new Secretary of State.

And then, he (or she) will need a full briefing on the background to the whole Falmer saga. And we'll get a YES decision in about August or September at the earliest.

Meanwhile, at a football club near you, the added costs have resulted in the Club being unable to extend the contracts of key players like Leon Knight and half a dozen others. Mark McGhee has got pissed off. We've been relegated. And Brighton & Hove City Council (which no longer has a Labour majority) has come under pressure from Withdean residents (who are supported by the Tories) not to extend our tenure at Withdean for more than 12 months. So it looks like we're going to be broke and homeless again.

Apart from that, I'm not too bothered about these two sites being added to the list.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Lord Bracknell said:
At this stage, the most significant thing about these two sites might not be whether the case for a stadium is strong or weak (it's weak in both cases, btw), but what the effect will be on the Inquiry Programme.

We will have to listen to days of additional evidence from Falmer Parish Council, explaining why they think each site meets the criteria that Prescott has laid down. Then we'll have to listen to the Albion refute all of those arguments, with equally detailed evidence and expensive expert witnesses.

And then we'll over-run the original timetable for the Inquiry. And they'll have to make sure that the Inspector is available for extra time, and that other key players aren't on holiday, and that Brighton Town Hall (or some other venue) is available.

And then the ODPM won't receive it until after 5 April - which means that when Blair announces an election on 5 May, Prescott will not be able to announce any sort of decision until after the election.

And then there'll be a post-election reshuffle, which will leave Prescott as Deputy Prime Minister, but will transfer Planning away from his department to a new Environment and Transport Department, with a new Secretary of State.

And then, he (or she) will need a full briefing on the background to the whole Falmer saga. And we'll get a YES decision in about August or September at the earliest.

Meanwhile, at a football club near you, the added costs have resulted in the Club being unable to extend the contracts of key players like Leon Knight and half a dozen others. Mark McGhee has got pissed off. We've been relegated. And Brighton & Hove City Council (which no longer has a Labour majority) has come under pressure from Withdean residents (who are supported by the Tories) not to extend our tenure at Withdean for more than 12 months. So it looks like we're going to be broke and homeless again.

Apart from that, I'm not too bothered about these two sites being added to the list.

Well that's made me feel better!

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Lord Bracknell said:

Bugger me, LB. I had you down as an optimist! :D :D

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Lord Bracknell said:

I am so close to f***ing tears after reading that.

Christ.

Let's look at the positive side of this. The club now has time to prepare a sound rebutal to these two sites. Going by all the proviso's of different restrictions plus Prescotts own proviso of "restrictive building costs" I think the club lawyers will be able to blow these suggestions right out the water. Apart from restrictive cost of developing the cement works, Adur council would not be minded to grant permision either here or at Pende.

For those who are bored, see how many contradictions you can spot from this gem from the archives below.....

http://forums.theargus.co.uk/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=906

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
I have just had it to be honest its such a long hard tiring fight. Its so frustrating we have to go through so much red tape when some other clubs seemingly dont. Its the time and what it could do to our club.

interestingly when i did a level geography 4 years ago i did a project on the beeding cement works as part of my course work it was so much hard work trying to find any information regarding it. i had to travel to horsham as adur had nothing on the plans for it etc. they should have made into a winter sports centre and be done with it. its a terrible eyesore

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Pende is to the right of that "White Road" area, trying to find another pic. The Red arrows point South:
PHOTO-WHERE-WE-ARE1111.gif

This was when the Cement Works were working, as much as a COOl idea it would be to have a Stadium "Under the Ground", check out the crap road access!
cement_air.jpg

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
Surely this is better than these 2 sites being announce at the enquirey.... I would have thought that given the nature of what needs to be discussed, the preparing of the report will be a bit faster than before. If a delay of 4-5 days in the enquirey means such a dire state of affairs LB then to be honest we were alsways likely to experience what you have said above.

Just to clarify though HORTON, YOU'RE A WANKER

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here