Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

TWO MORE SITES added to the list of alternatives to Falmer

Lush

Mods' Pet
I am still of the opinion that all this is just time wasting and that the NIMBY's hope the club will go bust before a decision is made.

All the more reason for throwing our weight behind the Alive and Kicking Appeal.

We won't go down without a fight!!!!!

:salute:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Lammy said:
So Mr NIMBY please could you explain to the rest of the class why you think it is acceptable to build on this AONB and not Falmer?

Hmm? Hmm? Hmm?

To be honest I think the only draw back of this is the added cost the club is going to face in pointing out the drawbacks. In the case of the cement works it would appear that a lot of this work has already been carried out by other companies wishing to build there. I'm sure the local council will be happy to object too!

I don't think this two site really hold a candle to Falmer anyway.

I'm pretty sure that Adur District Council in Shoreham will have all the files on the Bedding Cement Works so hopefully the club can just have a look at them, its Pende that is the main worry for me, spending the cash to argue against that.

Seems to me theres people out there with a sole purpose to make the club bankrupt for their own evil ideals.....NOT NAMING ANY NAMES!

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
The Large One said:
I understand Adur District Council has absolutely no desire to house a stadium for Brighton & Hove Albion.

The main thrust of Horton's argument is driven by the fact he is so totally and utterly opposed to any expansion of Shoreham Airport into a commercial international airport. His obsessive opposition has driven him to plead for a stadium there instead. He has often said that any plans for an improved airport have already been turned down - which is not necessarily true. This is where his single-handed campaign has now got us.

That, and he is a complete f***ing twat as well.

While this is an irritation, and a f***ing annoying one, the arguments for these sites are so poor, and Horton's ideas so full of holes, that in the end, it should not make too much difference to the final outcome - i.e. we get Falmer.

Exactely. I can't really see this delaying things or affecting the outcome. The only affect is to cos the club (i.e. us) some more beans.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Will we have to use the Park & Fly facilities at Gatwick if they want the ground by Shoreham Airport?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
CrabtreeBHA said:
Seems to me theres people out there with a sole purpose to make the club bankrupt for their own evil ideals.....NOT NAMING ANY NAMES!
No, but I will. His name is Andy Horton. He posts on this messageboard as Perseus. And he is a complete twat. That's Andy Horton aka Perseus.

Last edited:

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Uncle Buck said:
Maybe we could make it a sponsored kicking for the Alive and Kicking fund?

We could tie him down with his legs apart and charge £1 for a kick in the knackers! We'd get the £2.5m in no time!

seriously though you can't built a stadium HERE!!

AdurValley009cr.jpg

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
Easy guys, I know that Horton is a complete knob with a brain the size of a split atom, but don't give the NIMBYS any more ammo by threatening the little self publicising twat. He will not win, he cost us money, and he is not welcome at anything Albion related and will be made aware of this no doubt.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Looking on the bright side, people. Is this a decision by the inspector to allow two more suggested sites at the reconvened inquiry and no others?

Because if it is, then we won't get stung by any nasty barristers when the hearing re-opens giving pie in the sky arguments like: "Go on Albion, please spend time and money preparing a detailed case to prove why you can't build a new stadium on top of Ditchling Beacon" or something.

This might, just might, be quicker in the long run.

Faldo

Jul 7, 2003
Whilst this is in no way good news, its not unexpected is it.

Also, could this not backfire spectacularly on the FPC? In suggesting an area that is blatantly part of the new national park, a site that appears unsuitable for development and one that will have extreme opposition from other parties (i.e. those who already have designs on Shoreham Airport and Adur council) are they a) making themselves look a bit thick, b) making some new enemies, in whose interest it is to keep the stadium away (perhaps even adding their weight to Falmer in the opposite way Lewes have stuck their oar in).

Ooooh! Ooooh! 1000 posts!

Last edited:

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
This is all getting a bit too much like Alabama for my liking. Can we not wait until we hear what he has to say for himself before we start posting peoples addresses up here?

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
this is what he looks like...
kermit.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here