Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Trossard

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I hope the club offer and he signs a new deal that both are happy with

more dosh to keep him keen

and if a big club or Newcastle offer a selection of islands, 3 superyachts and £50m+ he can go with our blessing.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It doesn't mention anything about any contract. Just says he is enjoying football, Potter is good and we are playing well at the moment.

Nobody ever talks about new contracts at the Albion do they? I probably am reading to much into it but other than money I am struggling to see why he’d go anywhere other than a top 4 club, and then he would almost certainly not get the game time or be as important to the team. (Did I really just write that about an Albion player? :lolol:)

Yes I can be a dreamer :smile:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
You are reading too much into it.

But with a mid-season World Cup, a move to another team with a smaller chance of game minutes, may not be the ideal move.

I suspect we'll break the Bissouma windfall bank and he'll sing a further 2 year deal.

I think that Trossard is destined to go to Spain. He is playing the best he ever has for us and has made it perfectly clear that he is reviewing his future this summer.

My hope is that Bissouma is the one who stays. He hasn’t (to my knowledge) made any hints about looking elsewhere.

We have Khadra, Mitoma and Sarmiento who could play in the Trossard role. If we could grab Enciso too, we’d be looking very good in the long term.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Extending The Tross and sending him off to Qatar just as he starts his inevitable 4 month slump in form, could be absolutely perfect.

We get the best of him, until it gets cold.
He goes off for a month of winter sun.
We get a month or so off the back of that.

All GPott just needs to manage him through Feb and half of March and we get good Tross.back.

Then we'll be able to sell him for twice the price.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I think that Trossard is destined to go to Spain. He is playing the best he ever has for us and has made it perfectly clear that he is reviewing his future this summer.

My hope is that Bissouma is the one who stays. He hasn’t (to my knowledge) made any hints about looking elsewhere.

We have Khadra, Mitoma and Sarmiento who could play in the Trossard role. If we could grab Enciso too, we’d be looking very good in the long term.

Trossard hasn’t really been “perfectly clear” . he just sounds like he’s in contract negotiations with Brighton to me but acknowledged that “you never know” in football . It’s certainly won’t be a surprise if he signs on. It certainly would be a surprise if Bissouma did.

https://www.sussexlive.co.uk/sport/...dro-trossard-brighton-update-contract-6965317

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

I disagree with most of this. Pretty sure Biss will be off this summer. Tross, it's more of an open question and, as [MENTION=25402]Blue Valkyrie[/MENTION] says, we should do all we can to make him think we really want to keep him. He's unlike any players we have in the squad and replacing him will be really difficult, and keeping him and Ali Mac are probably the two most important 'singings' we can make this summer. And, it may well be the case that we have great long-term prospects in the wide/attacking/creative/ball-carrying role, but we do need to think about next season.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
If Biss and Tross have faith in their international ability, then stay till the World Cup become superstars then move for grillions to a mega club.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The Athletic reporting today that Albion have a 1 year option on Trossard to extend to June 2024 - and there’s “no urgency” to address “his current situation “ from either his agent or inside the club. (Also reporting they have a 1 year option on Joel Veltman. Widely known they have a similar option on Welbeck)

https://theathletic.com/3310089/202...5m-release-clause/?source=user_shared_article
Woo hoo ! That is amazing news about Trossard.

We've known about Veltman's option for a while.

The big question now is do we have an option in Mac Allister's contract. I hope and guess we do.

Last edited:

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London

The big question now is do we have an option in Mac Allister's contract. I hope and guess we do.
I'm more relaxed about maccer. He's good, but there's no way he's better than us (at the moment) I don't see a bigger club coming in for him.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I'm more relaxed about maccer. He's good, but there's no way he's better than us (at the moment) I don't see a bigger club coming in for him.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Maybe, I reckon a sideways move to La Liga is the threat there. I'd be very happy to see him sign a new deal

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Maybe that would have been mentioned in the article?

But yeah that would be great.

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
Trossard is our performance barometer. When he raises his game, even if it’s part of a game, our performance and chances of winning improves. Unfortunately, the opposite is also true as per yesterday. His role is key, providing the creativity in the final third. Great to hear he could be around a bit longer.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Trossard is our performance barometer. When he raises his game, even if it’s part of a game, our performance and chances of winning improves. Unfortunately, the opposite is also true as per yesterday. His role is key, providing the creativity in the final third. Great to hear he could be around a bit longer.

He's also got quite useful versatility. You can stick him up front, as a deep lying striker or in more of a wing back role

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006

Clearly our worst performer yesterday

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here