Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Trossard

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Really!?

BuT SoLlY MaRcH PlAyEd aNd hE iS NoT a PrEmIeR LeAgUe PlAyEr!

As much as I can't bad mouth Solly, I do find myself agreeing with the reasonable criticism.
Obviously it doesn't take much for that to degenerate into something I'd run a million miles away from.
But his end product, or lack of, over the entirely of his career, does make it rather easy to say 'hang on a minute' when excessive praise is being ladled on.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
As much as I can't bad mouth Solly, I do find myself agreeing with the reasonable criticism.
Obviously it doesn't take much for that to degenerate into something I'd run a million miles away from.
But his end product, or lack of, over the entirely of his career, does make it rather easy to say 'hang on a minute' when excessive praise is being ladled on.

The lad was one of our stand out performers, just one week ago, in the single best performance in the club's entire history.

In the Premier League.

Against a 'big six' Premier League giant.

And yet just yesterday, after we 'only drew' a game, against a side fighting for their lives, I read comments that he 'showed he is not up to this level'. Because he missed one good chance? (as did Trossard, Groß and most notably Welbeck). It absolutely sickens me, the lack of respect a handful of players get from our 'supporters'. Absolute wankers.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Really!?

BuT SoLlY MaRcH PlAyEd aNd hE iS NoT a PrEmIeR LeAgUe PlAyEr!

The lad was one of our stand out performers, just one week ago, in the single best performance in the club's entire history.

In the Premier League.

And yet just yesterday, after we 'only drew' a game, against a side fighting for their lives, I read comments that he 'showed he is not up to this level'. Because he missed one good chance? (as did Trossard, Groß and most notably Welbeck). It absolutely sickens me, the lack of respect a handful of players get from our 'supporters'. Absolute wankers.

Generic Albion home grown player does well = NSC +++

Generic Albion home grown player has a bad game = NSC meltdown :rolleyes:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

I can't "bad mouth him" - I'd run a "million miles away from that"...apart from arguing that he's had "no end product...over the entirety of his career" literally in the next sentence.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021

In the Premier League.

I agree with your opinion on Solly. I think he's easily good enough for a mid table PL squad.

But I think it's fair to point to his goal output over his career and make the case that in terms lack of of goal scoring contribution from parts of the pitch than up front, he's part of the problem. My view is that he'll have to improve this or risk slipping down the pecking order.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

In the Premier League.

Not from me you didn't.

But even in his stand out performance he still didn't 'ice the cake' despite the countless opportunity he created for himself to do so.
It was even highlighted on MotD.

He is what he is and that's fine, but it's easy to see how he induces frustration.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here