Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Trossard dangling the 'come get me' to Chelsea

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Not difficult at all but perhaps they in Belgium don't have the culture that they as employees are not just grateful serfs under the holy entity of the employer, so they might think they can speak in an open and free manner about subjects like possibly getting a pay rise or change work place at some point.

OK. So if you want to be pedantic replace "employed by" with "under contract with" if that doesn't upset your sensibilities as much.

The point remains the same! You can say something without saying hardly anything at all whilst not risking upset the person / organisation that you have entered into a contract with.

It's akin to me spending my lunch hour standing outside my office with a sandwich board with "GIS A JOB" hanging round my neck. It's just not done. (although perhaps it is in Belgium & Sweden :lol:)

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Not difficult at all but perhaps they in Belgium don't have the culture that they as employees are not just grateful serfs under the holy entity of the employer, so they might think they can speak in an open and free manner about subjects like possibly getting a pay rise or change work place at some point.

Not quite as black and white as that swanny is it? We are a bit feudal here in some ways but touting for another job while you're in one is a bit off and add football into the mix and it could get sticky especially if we were a northern club with delusions of grandeur like er Leeds for example. Here all he'll get is a few disapproving tuts from old men like me but he might want to consider that he's still under contract and we have a 12 month contract extension option which we will no doubt activate even if a super club like Chelsea come calling.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Not quite as black and white as that swanny is it? We are a bit feudal here in some ways but touting for another job while you're in one is a bit off and add football into the mix and it could get sticky especially if we were a northern club with delusions of grandeur like er Leeds for example. Here all he'll get is a few disapproving tuts from old men like me but he might want to consider that he's still under contract and we have a 12 month contract extension option which we will no doubt activate even if a super club like Chelsea come calling.

He's not really touting for anything though. He was given a straight question and gave a straight answer - something which would not have been all that controversial before everyone had to be media-trained to death before speaking in public.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
He's not really touting for anything though. He was given a straight question and gave a straight answer - something which would not have been all that controversial before everyone had to be media-trained to death before speaking in public.

I find it hard to object to anything he said. He wants to play and probably knows that he is more likely to get game time with us than at Chelsea, even with GP there. And of course a club would have to make a bid that we found acceptable ...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Some classic NSC knicker wetting on this thread

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here