Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Trossard dangling the 'come get me' to Chelsea

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
If any player in Brighton got a offer from Chelsea, or City, or Liverpool, or PSG, or Barcelona, or Real Madrid, or probably even Arsenal or United - they would go.

If they didn't have the level of drive and ambition they do, they'd be playing in Exeter or something.

Precisely.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Seen a lot of clickbaity headlines regarding Trossard, Mac Allister and Caicedo lately, all very innocent answers to questions about Chelsea and Potter.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Is it just me or why can't these players just keep quiet? We know most or all of them would accept an offer from a 'big' club if one is made but its a little ungrateful to be touting yourself for that move while picking up decent wages elsewhere. If Chelsea want him they'll make an acceptable offer if not tough.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Is it just me or why can't these players just keep quiet? We know most or all of them would accept an offer from a 'big' club if one is made but its a little ungrateful to be touting yourself for that move while picking up decent wages elsewhere. If Chelsea want him they'll make an acceptable offer if not tough.

Awkward when a journalist ask you a question, quite often with a TV camera, and you just stay completely quiet. I'd be more worried about that than this answer tbh.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Awkward when a journalist ask you a question, quite often with a TV camera, and you just stay completely quiet. I'd be more worried about that than this answer tbh.

A few of the usual platitudes wouldn't hurt ' concentrating on my football' 'one game at a time' etc etc. We all know the truth but the implication that I'm just baking about here until a better offer appears is a bit insulting.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
It’s just a nonsense click bait story, but it’s why we need to keep buying and developing quality players. Players like Trossard, Caicedo and Mac Allister will play for us for 2-4 seasons then be sold. Our recruitment strategy and training facilities are key to our success. If and when we get to Europe, we’ll hopefully keep our better players for longer, some may renew or extend their contracts. UTA.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

Difficult to just keep quit in an interview. They have to say something, I think Trossard saying he would not want to be a bit part player at any club is as good as him saying he would not neccessarily jump at the chance to go to Chelsea.

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020
On the Mail online (yes I know!!)

interview with a Belgian paper / reporter basically saying that if Chelsea came in for him, he would like to go.

No surprises to be honest, he's one of the obvious ones that won't be with us next season, especially if he has a strong world cup.

But Chelsea may not want you Leo!! And you need to maintain your excellent form from throughout 2022 Leo if you want a move to a 'biggie' as it's only this year he's been consistently good, and hasn't been so erratic as he was 2021 - 2020

Won't fancy Champioship football next season !!

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
I don’t really care if he wants to go or not, what I do care about is any player talking out publicly about a possible move away. It shouldn’t be happening no matter who’s in for what player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
Thats' true actually, whether they meant it or not is an entirely different matter, but at least spouting the loyalty line would keep us fickle fans happy.

doesn't that just make everyone angrier when they leave though? seem to remember cucurella's crying and badge kissing after that goal vs united was a significant source of ire when it became clear he actually wanted to go and play for a big 6 team

Popeye

I Don't Exercise
Nov 12, 2021
North Carolina USA
He was always gonna go in January or next Summer regardless if that dude went to Chelsea or not. No point imo to stress about it one way or the other.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
This will be the type of dilemma Potter faces, amongst others. Go for your old players and then be accused of favouritism by the other players, or go for someone who doesn’t demand first team football.
I think that Potter has the intellect not to burden himself with a signing like Trossard. Caicedo may be different as I genuinely think there will be huge interest in him between major clubs and having an advantage in signing him would assist Potter. Having said that Caicedo is a United fan and I think if United want him they would get him, so long as they meet our asking price.
You just have to look at Bissouma going to Spurs, it doesn’t guarantee a player fame and game time.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Meh we’ve had some good stuff out of Tross, he deserves a shot. Just a shame it’ll be with Chelsea, hopefully we’ll be charging them more for our players than anyone else.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here