Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Trossard dangling the 'come get me' to Chelsea

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
On the Mail online (yes I know!!)

interview with a Belgian paper / reporter basically saying that if Chelsea came in for him, he would like to go.

No surprises to be honest, he's one of the obvious ones that won't be with us next season, especially if he has a strong world cup.

But Chelsea may not want you Leo!! And you need to maintain your excellent form from throughout 2022 Leo if you want a move to a 'biggie' as it's only this year he's been consistently good, and hasn't been so erratic as he was 2021 - 2020

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
It'll be a shame but he's done a decent shift with us. If he goes let's get a top, top fee.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
If any player in Brighton got a offer from Chelsea, or City, or Liverpool, or PSG, or Barcelona, or Real Madrid, or probably even Arsenal or United - they would go.

If they didn't have the level of drive and ambition they do, they'd be playing in Exeter or something.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
It'll be a shame but he's done a decent shift with us. If he goes let's get a top, top fee.

With only 18 months left on a deal, unlikely.

It’s a shame not many of our players give it the old ‘I’m happy where I am , focussed on helping my current club to another great season’ like most players would…

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

It’s a shame not many of our players give it the old ‘I’m happy where I am , focussed on helping my current club to another great season’ like most players would…
He's already said exactly that before, hasn't he ?

When asked a leading question about Chelsea then I'm not surprised he said what he said.

All we can do is wait and see.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
The quote is

“Our coach did leave for Chelsea now but speculation about me following him makes no sense,” Trossard told newspaper Het Nieuwsblad while away on international duty with Belgium. “If the opportunity arises, I want to go. But I want to play and not sit on the bench.”

He also goes on to say he is excited to be working with De Zerbi

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/fo...sfer-graham-potter-brighton-b1027942.html?amp

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Thats' true actually, whether they meant it or not is an entirely different matter, but at least spouting the loyalty line would keep us fickle fans happy.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
To be fair to him, he has stated that he’s happy at Brighton but would also see a move to a bigger club as an opportunity, if he plays regularly for them. It’s a very balanced and fair position to take.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
To be fair to him, he has stated that he’s happy at Brighton but would also see a move to a bigger club as an opportunity, if he plays regularly for them. It’s a very balanced and fair position to take.

No one could really blame him if he made the move, let's face it without our biased blue and while striped specs on, l fancy a large majority of us fans would do the same thing.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Should we (or have we?) offered him a new (improved) contract? It would increase the price we might get for him - and with all the midfield/attacking options we've got coming through - Mitoma, Enciso, Kozlowski, Ferguson - Mwepu to settle and come good, Moder to return from injury (and probably one or two others I've forgotten) - the areas that he covers in the squad are going to be very crowded - he might not be guaranteed to start every match.

Of course he'd be off like a shot if a big club came in for him - he'd be daft not too. As for sitting on the bench, wherever he goes that's not going to be up to him - even here.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
The quote is

“Our coach did leave for Chelsea now but speculation about me following him makes no sense,” Trossard told newspaper Het Nieuwsblad while away on international duty with Belgium. “If the opportunity arises, I want to go. But I want to play and not sit on the bench.”

He also goes on to say he is excited to be working with De Zerbi

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/fo...sfer-graham-potter-brighton-b1027942.html?amp
I suspect he would be sitting on the bench quite a lot at a "bigger club". You just have to look at Belgium, where he warms the bench even though rubbish players such as De Breuyne and Hazard have somehow managed to start ahead of him.

He has already seen what happens to players like Biss who make the move, so I don't think he would be swayed to go Chelsea or wherever.

He is one of those in-betweeners. I think if he wants Champions League or whatever, he may have to go abroad to get it

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Honest and reasonable comments by Leandro. He’ll not be getting a guarantee of playing time from any team at our level or above though.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I suspect he would be sitting on the bench quite a lot at a "bigger club". You just have to look at Belgium, where he warms the bench even though rubbish players such as De Breuyne and Hazard have somehow managed to start ahead of him.

He has already seen what happens to players like Biss who make the move, so I don't think he would be swayed to go Chelsea or wherever.

He is one of those in-betweeners. I think if he wants Champions League or whatever, he may have to go abroad to get it

Think he has improved a lot over the last year or so.

Maybe not Liverpool or City but I think he'd walk into the starting eleven of the others. If he was four or five years younger someone would have poured money on him last summer I think.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here