Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Travel Information.....Rayo Vellecano

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Wait until you read about the Coventry Arena station, genuinely might be the most stupid thing we’ve done on the railways in this country.

"Although the station was intended to serve the adjacent arena, it was announced in August 2015 that the station would be closed for one hour preceding and following football matches, rugby matches and concerts"

So let me repeat this to make sure I understand it. They built a station to specifically serve the arena. When the arena has events, it closes. At all other times, when there is no demand at this purpose built specific railway halt, it runs. I have got this right havnt I?

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
"Although the station was intended to serve the adjacent arena, it was announced in August 2015 that the station would be closed for one hour preceding and following football matches, rugby matches and concerts"

So let me repeat this to make sure I understand it. They built a station to specifically serve the arena. When the arena has events, it closes. At all other times, when there is no demand at this purpose built specific railway halt, it runs. I have got this right havnt I?
Correct, we are lucky with Falmer I suppose. A lot of the problems with events in the UK is to do with Unit availability, which is also down to the useless DfT’s failure to invest in new stock. In Europe when old stock goes out of use it would be kept for use in events, in this country due to the ridiculous ROSCOs we have to end the lease and scrap them. There’s no reason some 313s couldn’t have been kept for football flyers, but the DfT won’t pay the lease.

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
I am using on of the park and ride sites, the EDF one in Portland road hove. You have to prebook but it is free to park and £3 for the bus. Seems reasonable to me.

I gave up waiting for this site to open, I thought they weren't going to bother, so I grabbed a parking ticket for the Uni before they sold out. Then today I see the EDF site is open, presumably they were just waiting for all more expensive options to sell out before they released the cheaper ones. Crafty bastards.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Sadly I drink heavily on a matchday.

{edit} I guess you mean using it without the car...but I've seen on here people complaining bitterly about that. I wouldn't want to upset anyone.
You need to Pre book and pay to use it so no one will have any grounds to complain if you did so.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I gave up waiting for this site to open, I thought they weren't going to bother, so I grabbed a parking ticket for the Uni before they sold out. Then today I see the EDF site is open, presumably they were just waiting for all more expensive options to sell out before they released the cheaper ones. Crafty bastards.
Went on sale last week. I got tickets on 25 July

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
Those using more than two buses, can I just remind, if you haven’t got a ticket the cheapest option is to just tap your debit card, it has a daily cap of £5 in the Brighton area (£7.50 if you’re coming from Eastbourne/Newhaven/Peacehaven/Lewes etc)
Don’t quote a destination to the driver as they will assume you require a paper ticket (for expenses and the like) and paper tickets don’t form part of the price cap.
Just say hello (optional) and tap on, Bobs yer uncle
(Below the cap it’s two quid a journey at the moment)
PS although it is known as tap on/tap off but as it’s a flat fare at the moment it makes NO difference if you forget/can’t be arsed to tap off)

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here