Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Travel Information.....Rayo Vellecano

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Apologies, was a bit tardy with editing/expanding on my post. There ARE no meaningful Pride crowds on the Sunday. Would that have affected your response?
Like I said, I don’t necessarily agree with the decision, but I know why they’ve done it, it’s to do with the resource of platform staff. There isn’t free travel and there is still ample transport for the 5,000 or so tickets we’ve actually sold in my opinion, but yeah it would have been interesting to see if it would have been fine.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I thought the club had always made it known there would be no trains.
The same club that always lazily spouts the same BS that post-match trains to Brighton won't be stopping at Moulsecoomb and London Road? Guess what? They do stop at those stations, exactly whenever they're timetabled to stop at those stations :dunce:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Like I said, I don’t necessarily agree with the decision, but I know why they’ve done it, it’s to do with the resource of platform staff. There isn’t free travel and there is still ample transport for the 5,000 or so tickets we’ve actually sold in my opinion, but yeah it would have been interesting to see if it would have been fine.
So you could, say, get a train from Brighton to Moulescomb and then walk?

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
The same club that always lazily spouts the same BS that post-match trains to Brighton won't be stopping at Moulsecoomb and London Road? Guess what? They do stop at those stations, exactly whenever they're timetabled to stop at those stations :dunce:
Don’t get me started on that one 😂. I have no idea why it is still consistently put on the website.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Nah, I appreciate you all want a nice peaceful day after the mayhem of Pride Saturday, and f*ck Sunday's travellers. Enjoy! :thumbsup:
Understand it’s annoying for you, but I’m not the one actually making any decisions here. It massively inconveniences me, as I have to travel to Hull on the morning of the game. I wish it was as simple as f*ck Sunday Travellers.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
we are going to see alot of Train rubbish this season

It was getting very bad end of last season and things have deteriorated since.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
we are going to see alot of Train rubbish this season

It was getting very bad end of last season and things have deteriorated since.
Indeed. And with a whole slab of Thursday / Sunday games as well, we are going to get dicked around like nobodies business. The two and from is going to take hours.

Guess I'll just load up on the podcasts and suck it up.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Judging by the article in the Argus Aslef have said it would have been possible to organise shifts to accommodate Pride services that weekend but GTR has just pulled the plug to score points with the union. This has all arisen as the train company do not employ enough drivers to run the published timetable and are therefore reliant on overtime. This situation has been going on for years and it is infuriating the train companies can still treat passengers with such contempt.

I've got to get to Bloodstock the following week so I'm relieved to see it's just the overtime ban not a full strike, so I should be able to get there. The way public transport in this country has been run down over the last decade is just unforgivable in my view.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Indeed. And with a whole slab of Thursday / Sunday games as well, we are going to get dicked around like nobodies business. The two and from is going to take hours.

Guess I'll just load up on the podcasts and suck it up.
Or you could just get the 49 bus there and back with a pretty much guaranteed seat :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here