Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Travel Information.....Rayo Vellecano

tronnogull

May 17, 2010
Albion site is saying that Falmer Station is closed from 11am to 3pm and 4.45 to 8.45.

The match kicks off at 3pm......

If this is correct then obviously no way to get to or from the game by train....

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Albion site is saying that Falmer Station is closed from 11am to 3pm and 4.45 to 8.45.

If this is correct then obviously no way to get to or from the game by train....
Crafty gits. They want everyone in from 9am to 9pm to get the takings up ready for a big 3rd bid for Levi.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013

If I park in Woodingdean, weather permitting, then where might I put the car and how long does it take to walk to the Amex from there. I am fit and walk regularly, so not a problem as such. Thanks for any advice.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
What a joke.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I am using on of the park and ride sites, the EDF one in Portland road hove. You have to prebook but it is free to park and £3 for the bus. Seems reasonable to me.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
If I park in Woodingdean, weather permitting, then where might I put the car and how long does it take to walk to the Amex from there. I am fit and walk regularly, so not a problem as such. Thanks for any advice.
Depends whereabouts but I reckon about half an hour as a brisk walker if youre parked near the Amex end of Woodingdean

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Are there signs up along Lewes Road (in Brighton) noting that the road is closed 4-5th August? I was sure there were, but just googled to see if there was info about why, and can't find anything about it. I think they were only south of the gyratory. Or did I imagine them...

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Transport rarely going to run smoothly when it clashes with Pride weekend tho eh?

Here's the B&H Buses journey planner which may help a bit. Tho on the day, prob best to switch to their Live Bus Information tab to judge whether it's worth waiting, or better to set off on foot/call a cab

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Think this will be the first pre-season friendly at the Amex that I will miss.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011

It’s not like the club advertised this massively when tickets went on sale.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It’s not like the club advertised this massively when tickets went on sale.
Seems unnecessarily vindictive tho ???

Would be interested to know the reasoning behind it. Living more or less opposite the park, I know damn well that the Pride Sunday is a low-key genteel affair for mainly local people with little or no impact on the trains. Certainly on the Brighton - Falmer line. What gives? ???

Last edited:

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Seems unnecessarily vindictive tho ???
I don’t necessarily agree with the decision to close Falmer, but I understand why they’ve had to do it, as the resource of staff has to concentrate on Brighton for the Pride crowds. Believe the police had a lot to do with the decision to close the station / restrict attendance.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I don’t necessarily agree with the decision to close Falmer, but I understand why they’ve had to do it, as the resource of staff has to concentrate on Brighton for the Pride crowds. Believe the police had a lot to do with the decision to close the station / restrict attendance.
Apologies, was a bit tardy with editing/expanding on my post. There ARE no meaningful Pride crowds on the Sunday. Would that have affected your response?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here