Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Travel Information.....Rayo Vellecano

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
For sure, and please don't take it personally. Always appreciate your insider input and please keep it coming :thumbsup:
We do normally do a police request to have the game away if one ever falls on pride don’t we? With this US Tour this is probably the only day we could have done, remember there was one on a Friday before pride a few years back, that went reasonably well.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
There is a park and ride running from EDF, which is cheaper than the bus (unless you are over 60).
Sadly I drink heavily on a matchday.

{edit} I guess you mean using it without the car...but I've seen on here people complaining bitterly about that. I wouldn't want to upset anyone.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Sadly I drink heavily on a matchday.

{edit} I guess you mean using it without the car...but I've seen on here people complaining bitterly about that. I wouldn't want to upset anyone.
Well I’ll be doing it so hopefully I don’t upset anyone 😂

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I believe Moulescoomb is also closed
Ah, so the travel hack for this one is to:

a) Walk from the pub to Brighton Station
b) Continue walking for another four miles or so, and you'll be at the Amex in no time at all (an hour and bit)

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

b) Continue walking for another four miles or so, and you'll be at the Amex in no time at all (an hour and bit)
Or b) walk 5 minutes down Trafalgar Street to London Road and catch a bus (25, 49, probably others too)

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011

Or go to Portslade and get the EDF energy shuttle. I think local buses will be fine, because it’s sold pretty poorly (thanks to train situation likely).

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
How near to the ground, does the 49 bus get you? I never knew it went that way.
Screenshot 2023-07-26 at 16.21.54.png

Marina Pharmaceuticals (bottom right) doesn't actually exist, but is conveniently pretty much where the bus stop is. Make your way along lucraft toward Brighton Aldridge Community Academy (where the Bridge car park is) then along the path by the school field/rail tracks.

Can also get the 24 and get off before it turns up coldean, by the Ruby Pub.

23, 25, into the university, 28, 29 go past the university.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Indeed,... how tin pot will that look to any Spanish/tourist fans drifting in for the game....
I remember a discussion on here about one the gigs at the AMEX, guess it must have been Fatboy, and how the UK reacts to transport needs versus other nations. Whilst Falmer was shut for the day, a dutch festival had a temporary station BUILT for the day. Same with London to Brighton bike-ride, UK response is to ban bikes...other countries supply the appropriate rolling stock.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
View attachment 164100
Marina Pharmaceuticals (bottom right) doesn't actually exist, but is conveniently pretty much where the bus stop is. Make your way along lucraft toward Brighton Aldridge Community Academy (where the Bridge car park is) then along the path by the school field/rail tracks.

Can also get the 24 and get off before it turns up coldean, by the Ruby Pub.

23, 25, into the university, 28, 29 go past the university.
If you try texting again between 10:00pm and 04:00am on a weekend he's usually available, prefers home delivery to the city centre though.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I remember a discussion on here about one the gigs at the AMEX, guess it must have been Fatboy, and how the UK reacts to transport needs versus other nations. Whilst Falmer was shut for the day, a dutch festival had a temporary station BUILT for the day. Same with London to Brighton bike-ride, UK response is to ban bikes...other countries supply the appropriate rolling stock.
Nothing like a good old British can't do attitude

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Southern response is always to shut every useful station in the vicinity. Pretty sure it's only because of the club bankrolling Southern via a lucrative contract that they don't shut Falmer station every matchday

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Southern response is always to shut every useful station in the vicinity. Pretty sure it's only because of the club bankrolling Southern via a contract that they don't shut Falmer station every matchday
Wait until you read about the Coventry Arena station, genuinely might be the most stupid thing we’ve done on the railways in this country.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here