Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Trains shitshow - next STRIKE - October 8th (Spurs)??

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Waited 10 mins for the shuttle bus from Lewes. Quicker than the train is normally !! Shame the team didn't turn up for the first 15mins

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Waited best part of an hour for 1 back to Lewes, we stayed behind for a pint too. Not great, but could have been worse. Waited nearly that for a train a few times before

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Got to the Steine bus stop at 3.35, got to the Amex turnstile at 4.50. Fortunately ponced a spot on a Seagulls Travel coach to get back, was on the coach at about 7.30, dropped off in Southwick about 8.50.

Next time there's no trains, I'm just not bothering. Can't be arsed with this shit.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Getting over was quick but only because we ignored the two over zealous stewards at Old Steine who were trying to get us on to a waiting shuttle when the 28 we were boarding was about to leave and would drop us outside The Swan instead of getting caught in the right turn nightmare off the A27.

Getting back was hilariously bad, but mainly because a very good mate of mine arranged a lift back for me, him and our sons with his wife picking us up and then couldn't find her car :lolol:

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
An absolute circus getting away. It's like the club were determined to get everyone there so the stadium looked good for the television audience, but then were not really bothered if it became a total shambles afterwards

Looking forward to Chailey Jem popping up in a bit though and telling us his journey was quit smooth, which means the transport was an overwhelming success

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Considering no trains/accidents on coast road and a27/the game was on telly I'm pretty impressed with how full the ground was. Not sure it'll be the same in similar circumstances though after the shitshow before and especially after!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Yes shuttle buses from the old steine to the game and back. In addition to the scheduled B&H Bus services

An absolute circus getting away. It's like the club were determined to get everyone there so the stadium looked good for the television audience, but then were not really bothered if it became a total shambles afterwards

Looking forward to Chailey Jem popping up in a bit though and telling us his journey was quit smooth, which means the transport was an overwhelming success

I think thats a bit unfair. Trying to clear a 31k crowd with NO trains was aways going to end in an utter shitshow. What else can the club do ?

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Any idea why there were two police officers at the steps to the Mill Rd P&R bus stops?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

I can take that one for him.

Parked up near The Hollingbury.
Rode to ground.
Stayed for final whistle.
Cycle back to car, arrive at 19:55.
Back home, 30 miles along the coast, at exactly 20:45.

As smooth as a velvet ball bag cupped by Bert Millichip.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I trialled a bus only return today and it was predictably terrible, albeit in unpredictable ways.

1 from Southern Cross was fine.

49 from Floral clock was the slowest any vehicle has ever moved without being stationary. I was in my seat 5 mins after KO.

[Football Interlude]

49 back decided to terminate at the bus depot so I MINCED ( [MENTION=70]Easy 10[/MENTION] ) off for some fish and chips.

The 1A I got on next was decommissioned at Churchill Sq because some **** decided to puke over his seat and the window.

Cue a 6 back to Benfield Way.

Total transport time well over 3 hours which is not good.

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
Ref refused to change ko, well dome.
I wonder what happened was sat in ground and the announcement was 5.44 ko yet no typo 5.44 then about 10 mins after a very late pre-match 'entertainment' start the announcer said we ko in 20 mins (pointing to 5.30pm), Stewards thought it ws 5..44pm but had no idea why. Ws the intended later KO because of crowd congestion then and seems inconsiderate of Ref to not delay KO. Ok selfishly I wanted it KO on time but if I Was delayed and seems many would've been its understandable a slight delay. What I cant understand is why INSIDE the ground no announcement was being made to explain what was going on.

Last edited:

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
My guess would be, although l'm far from sure, that the Travel Zone kicks in somewhere in central Worthing, so the Marine Parade, bang opposite the pier is probably as central as it gets.

If you get on the bus somewhere in west Worthing, then it will hardly cost you a fortune to the stop where the free travel zome starts anyway.

I have to do precisely that if l go down to Brighton on the 17 for footie. Pay for a single ticket to Henfield, which is the northern edge of the zone.

We had no issues using our match tickets for free bus travel from Grand Parade in Worthing, but that was about the only good thing today. Waited the best part of 40mins for a 700, which crawled along the coast at a painfully slow pace. Managed to pick up a 29 from Old Steine to The Swan, but took overthree hours to get there from LA in total. Couldn't face that same journey back, so left early on 87mins (bad fan) and took a chance on the P&R back to The Racecourse before getting a local bus back to Churchill Square. I reckon we must have been ahead of the majority as we actually managed to get on a 700 without too much trouble. Journey time home was around 2.5hrs. Not doing that again, it's just too much hassle for 90mins of football. It only took three hours longer, in total, to get to Livepool and back last week!

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
(yes I know unlikely to read this) but to the guy on the Old Steine shuttle bus at about 4/4.15pm that started vaping near the end of the journey the bloke that attempted to knock that block off your shoulders was held back by another else it woudve kicked all off (think he still got a punch in by the look of things) especially with the level of 'fun' poked at Rottenham from the guys at the front probably too p1ssed to notice your stupid hat. Maybe they allow vaping on London busses but I doubt it you plank.

As for the shuttle service I have to say the club did well to have so many busses/coaches to provide this. What was the service like from Lewes, anyone comment?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here