Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Trains shitshow - next STRIKE - October 8th (Spurs)??

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Sure, but as I'll be driving from LA to Worthing before picking up the bus I might as well park within walking distance of where the free zone kicks in. I'll probably play it safe and head for Marine Parade.

make sure they're still not filming in the area as parking East of the pier has been restricted owing to film crews in the area.....i just hope the game goes ahead :angel:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
make sure they're still not filming in the area as parking East of the pier has been restricted owing to film crews in the area.....i just hope the game goes ahead :angel:

Ooooo possible restricted parking just east of Worthing Pier you say, that's it POSTPONE THE GAME! :eek:

DanR

Dec 26, 2020
Peasmarsh
45 Parking spaces just released at Bridge.

I thought I'd mention to help anyone struggling getting to the game.

Jul 7, 2003
Sure, but as I'll be driving from LA to Worthing before picking up the bus I might as well park within walking distance of where the free zone kicks in. I'll probably play it safe and head for Marine Parade.

The 700 heads down Grand Avenue before heading East along Marine Parade. Plenty of free parking on Grand Avenue there for you. Can't see why you would be charged any extra from there (and the drivers probably don't care anyway).

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Ooooo possible restricted parking just east of Worthing Pier you say, that's it POSTPONE THE GAME! :eek:

my man in worthing told me aaaaaaaalllll about it , no parking around the east side of steyn gdns and around to splash point .....just trying to help , i reckon you could canoe it in 3 hrs..!! sober

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Beach Green Car Park at Lancing £4 all day. 700 bus stop opposite. Pot luck free roadside parking on the bus route between there and the Shoreham boundary. Possible parking at the Adur Recreation Ground just before the Norfolk Bridge. The one fly in the ointment are the road work traffic lights near the Broadway shops which can cause delays to traffic including busses.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Beach Green Car Park at Lancing £4 all day. 700 bus stop opposite. Pot luck free roadside parking on the bus route between there and the Shoreham boundary. Possible parking at the Adur Recreation Ground just before the Norfolk Bridge. The one fly in the ointment are the road work traffic lights near the Broadway shops which can cause delays to traffic including busses.

Surely another wrinkle will be whether the bus is already full by the time it gets to Lancing.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Surely another wrinkle will be whether the bus is already full by the time it gets to Lancing.

Again, Pot Luck. A hope also that the busses are running at their timetabled 12 minute intervals.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
A brisk walk over the downs seems doable. From where we live we reckon we can do it with crossing just five roads but two of those are the A23 and A27.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Noticed the last northbound London Mainline train leaves Brighton 10 mins after kick off, as much as the club have advertised arrangements to the game, surprised this salient point isn’t featured

Suspect it’s going to catch a few out when they arrive back at Brighton Station

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I'm leaving Bognor at 2.45pm and will be parking in the Bridge car park.
I'll hang around after the game and likely depart Bridge car park about 8.30pm (hopefully).

If anyone is struggling and needs a lift from Bognor/Fontwell/Arundel/A27 corridor send me a PM.
I'm on my own and have 3 spaces.

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
Noticed the last northbound London Mainline train leaves Brighton 10 mins after kick off, as much as the club have advertised arrangements to the game, surprised this salient point isn’t featured

I agree.

A mate knows a couple of Spurs fans and he said an Air bnb couldve sold their room 10 fold the number of enquiries made. I wonder if quite a few away fans are still coming by train but staying in the City overnight and travelling back in the morning.2

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

I think whatever info the club puts out, this is always going to happen, some people just can't be bothered to read the blurb.

Common sense seems to be sadly lacking amongst many.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Even the early leavers might struggle with that. Makes it all the more puzzling this hasn’t been shifted to lunchtime TBH.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

Yeah I'm one of them.

realised last night that I was ****ed for this one.
Assumed I'd be able to get somewhere near East Croydon and then bus it back from there

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
The sensible thing would be to advertise this at each station prominently out the front but you’d need someone working to do this!

Camship

Sep 16, 2012
Massive longshot but don't suppose anyone is driving back to London after the game and could give me a lift? Or knows another way? Doesn't seem to be any coaches or anything

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here