[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
sounds like Johnson has been not completely unsupportive of the NI Windsor deal, isn't seeking a fight on it. imo he's looking forwad to writing his memoirs and doing the speech circuit.
His time has been and gone, an 80 seat majority did not isolate him from his own indiscipline.

I'd be prepared to spare him jail time if he just spares us. We'll be clearing up his mess for a long time yet

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I'd rather have this all on the public and Hancocks feelings hurt, I'm don't think I'm in the minority.

He's been caught out lying and here is the proof, he was on a power trip.

The enquiry will be a whitewash.
Hancock has been groomed as the "fall guy" for the Covid stuff from the very beginning, it was blindingly obvious to pretty much everyone from about April 2020 that when they got round to doing the Public Inquiry about it, he'd be the one who carried the can and the Government would pin all their various failings on him. All that's really happened here is that it's come out beforehand in an attempt by him to flog a book from it.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
His time has been and gone, an 80 seat majority did not isolate him from his own indiscipline.

I'd be prepared to spare him jail time if he just spares us. We'll be clearing up his mess for a long time yet
I really think that we have had enough of Johnson. He's an ex Prime Minister and should just do the decent thing and f*** off to obscurity.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

“His own indiscipline”

Perfect phrase to sum up his demise. I like that.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Sue gray appointed starmers chief of staff !
Quite a coup for Starmer. A very highly respected, competent and experienced political operator who's background is different to the majority of Whitehall. I can't see Rishi's team being too pleased about this and I'm surprised they didn't try and block it. Or maybe they did ???

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
sounds like Johnson has been not completely unsupportive of the NI Windsor deal, isn't seeking a fight on it. imo he's looking forwad to writing his memoirs and doing the speech circuit.
That seems to be his only option at the moment. But he couched his view on the issue with suitable vagueness, leaving the door open for a return if the right moment arises.

abc

Jan 6, 2007
It’s remarkable, isn’t it that a man who inhabits such murky waters is surprised when someone else does the dirty on him.
Do they really think they are that untouchable that they can’t be exposed?
And that when exposed, they’ll get away with it?

This is the most out-of-touch group of people I have ever come across. Pure delusion.
And that I think is at the core of why this government has lost the support of the country despite only relatively recently winning a landslide GE victory. It is not simply because of how they handled Covid, the state of the economy, Brexit, or policy on the nhs or strikes - people have diverse views on all of these of course and not all (rightly or wrongly) necessarily disagree with the government approach.

It is because (almost) everyone has now got the sense that the Tories as a whole, not just Johnson and his cabal, have lost any connection to reality and simply believe they are above the laws of the land whilst having zero respect for the people they are supposed to represent. This transcends ordinary people's party political loyalties and policy beliefs. Thankfully the majority of the electorate can still recognise when democracy is being undermined, and will react to save it.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
That seems to be his only option at the moment. But he couched his view on the issue with suitable vagueness, leaving the door open for a return if the right moment arises.
Interesting bit on the News Agents podcast today talking about this.....

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Still some choppy waters ahead but we are starting to see the neo-liberal take over of the previously conservative Conservative party start to unravel.

The infighting and opportunism is well under way.

Sunak had a stormer with the Northern Ireland deal, but it's already off the front pages.

What's going to be interesting is how they react in opposition and whether they return to being the party they were very successful at being.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
I really think that we have had enough of Johnson. He's an ex Prime Minister and should just do the decent thing and f*** off to obscurity.
...but of course it is his lack of decency, personally and professionally, that has earned him the reputation for being one of the worst British Prime Ministers in history. He is an absolute disgrace.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Sue gray appointed starmers chief of staff !
well this is confusing. we're told her investigations were a whitewash, now we're told they were a stitch up.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I am starting to believe that the Conservative Party won’t recover from the present shit show for a generation or more.

All their lies are starting to unravel, and they are turning on each other with a viciousness rarely witnessed in British political history.

It does my old heart good, I hope I live long enough to see their complete annihilation.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I'm ashamed of myself for ridiculing the catastrophically thick Matt Hancock.

he's done a lot of great work for charity.

he gave £10k of his £320k (not even the £20K loose change) from his appearance on ' Look At Me I'm A ****' to dyslexia charities.

he doesn't like to speak about it

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Still some choppy waters ahead but we are starting to see the neo-liberal take over of the previously conservative Conservative party start to unravel.

The infighting and opportunism is well under way.

Sunak had a stormer with the Northern Ireland deal, but it's already off the front pages.

What's going to be interesting is how they react in opposition and whether they return to being the party they were very successful at being.

Boris doesn't like it.

And it will be Boris, not Johnson

abc

Jan 6, 2007
I am starting to believe that the Conservative Party won’t recover from the present shit show for a generation or more.

All their lies are starting to unravel, and they are turning on each other with a viciousness rarely witnessed in British political history.

It does my old heart good, I hope I live long enough to see their complete annihilation.
It would be very interesting to see who/what would then fill the vacuum. Conservative mark 2 or the rise of the Liberals?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports