Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Part of winning hearts and minds (aka the art of politics) is not referring to the opposition as scum. People vote for what they feel (predict) is better for them. Labour needs to learn this. They are RELYING on “Tory scum” in order to win the election.
I believe that @The Clamp is referring to the current cabal Government rather than voters who were taken in by them (and I believe this post below confirms it) and these are the people Labour will be relying on to win an election.

I am not trying to win anyone’s hearts or mind. They are scum and I shall refer to them as such, as and when I please 👍

I’d like to see them ploughed into a f***ing ditch but I realise that’s not the right thing to say either.

I pull no punches when it comes to a criminal organisation masquerading as a government who have overseen the decline of the U.K, the Brexit lie, the family tax evasion, the stealing form the public pot to fund your own defence against breaking your own laws, breaking your own laws, the mini budget that cost my friend his house …the list is endless.

Scum? Scum!?? They are getting off lightly in my opinion.

I am also fairly certain that having voted Conservative on a number of occasions in the past, he is not referring to me :wink:

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Corbyn only ever led a handful of opinion polls, and almost none of them consecutively.
I remember urging people to vote against Corbyn so labour could be trounced and forced into ditching Corbyn, just before his last election debacle, but someone pointed out a sudden labour surge in the week before the election and I had a head-wobble.....but as you say, it never seemed to be on the cards, and even though I wanted the last shower out, it was clear that if Corbyn had won it would have been a one term disaster (notwithstanding the Brexit mess) followed by another ten years of tory entitlement, carpetbagging, self-enrichment and the inexorable decline and death of the NHS, quality state education and.....all hope. The idea of Corbyn trying to sort out the border between the Irelands . . . in some respects Johnson's 'whatever, what will be will be' approach was marginally more palatable. I can't believe I just typed that :facepalm:

Anyway, despite the best attempts of Rishie Rich, Corbyn is now but a fast fading memory.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I remember urging people to vote against Corbyn so labour could be trounced and forced into ditching Corbyn, just before his last election debacle, but someone pointed out a sudden labour surge in the week before the election and I had a head-wobble.....but as you say, it never seemed to be on the cards, and even though I wanted the last shower out, it was clear that if Corbyn had won it would have been a one term disaster (notwithstanding the Brexit mess) followed by another ten years of tory entitlement, carpetbagging, self-enrichment and the inexorable decline and death of the NHS, quality state education and.....all hope. The idea of Corbyn trying to sort out the border between the Irelands . . . in some respects Johnson's 'whatever, what will be will be' approach was marginally more palatable. I can't believe I just typed that :facepalm:

Anyway, despite the best attempts of Rishie Rich, Corbyn is now but a fast fading memory.
Come on Harry bet you were down the Brighton Level singing ‘’ Oh Jeremy Corbyn…Oh J……’’ 😏

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Part of winning hearts and minds (aka the art of politics) is not referring to the opposition as scum. People vote for what they feel (predict) is better for them. Labour needs to learn this. They are RELYING on “Tory scum” in order to win the election.
I think that someone (can't remember who - a northern female labour MP whose name escapes me - probably the deputy leader :lolol:) made that mistake before the last election, but I have not heard that utterance since (from anyone of any relevance - sorry Clampy :wink:). That and 'white van man'. Epithets of previous times....along with 'let's get Brexit done' and 'fastest growing economy in Europe'. :facepalm:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Come on Harry bet you were down the Brighton Level singing ‘’ Oh Jeremy Corbyn…Oh J……’’ 😏
Christ, no.

That was one hell of an echo chamber, though. My mate's daughter, a social worker, was so caught up in her Facebook bubble she was genuinely astonished when labour lost.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
To clarify, if I were the opposition leader I would not be publicly calling the Tory’s scum.

Nor do I think all Tory voters are bad people.

I would merely illustrate how badly the Tory’s have treated the people of the U.K. and how their actions have caused such damage.

It would be up to the voters to decide if they are scum.

I am one of those voters. I think the Tory’s are scum. Criminal scum.

Reactions: A1X

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Corbyn only ever led a handful of opinion polls, and almost none of them consecutively.
Agree completely, the very idea that Corbyn's Labour was ever on for any sort of majority Government was and is completely preposterous. It was always a case of whether the Conservative majority was going to be sufficiently large to go full steam ahead with Johnson's cabal Government and all that entailed, or whether all of the other parties together may be able to reign them in a bit.

We all now know the answer to that

back-to-the-future-train.gif

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
To clarify, if I were the opposition leader I would not be publicly calling the Tory’s scum.

Nor do I think all Tory voters are bad people.

I would merely illustrate how badly the Tory’s have treated the people of the U.K. and how their actions have caused such damage.

It would be up to the voters to decide if they are scum.

I am one of those voters. I think the Tory’s are scum. Criminal scum.
Contempt for the conmen, compassion for the conned, unless you're still intending to vote Tory, in that case contempt for you too

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
As you might be inferring, its a tad more complicated than just Brexit though it does play a part.

British supermarkets have screwed UK farmers and growers so hard for so many years that margins are almost non existent. Tesco and the like always buy a % of imported produce at a higher price simply to ensure that there is a surplus of UK produce which enables them to keep the UK grower's price down. This has resulted in many UK farms and particularly fruit and veg growers either going bust or reducing the amount they grow. Then UK winter production of crops like tomatoes means heated greenhouses and the price of gas (due to Ukraine etc) has finished many off. Consequently the UK supply of toms etc has collapsed. This is not the fault of Brexit.

However, Brexit has meant exporting to the UK is now much more expensive and complicated than it used to be. Hence priority is given to EU and other markets. This is the fault of Brexit but the consequent shortages are also the fault of the supermarkets (see above) who have created a dependency on imported produce.

Unfortunately this is going to get much worse when we move into the seasonal period for British produce. Farmers and growers have very significantly reduced their plantings for the coming season because of the increase in costs and the supermarkets refusal to pay a fair price (even though they have raised prices on the shelves and increased their own profits). There will therefore be far less home produced fruit and veg but there will be limited imports to replace them OR imports will be significantly more expensive than if we had produced them here.

We have a government that doesn't believe in domestic food sustainability or security, so I cant see this situation improving for the forseeable.
The government won't do anything for food security until vegetables get the vote.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Just wow....

I wonder when the Tories are actually going to take stock of what's happening in this country and think: should we not try something different? Have they all given up, and are now just focussed on their own private agendas? Presumably at least SOMEONE at CCHQ might be thinking: Perhaps picking fights with nurses and ambulance drivers isn't such a great idea after all? Maybe going on about small boats isn't the vote-winner we thought it was? Perhaps we should stop trying to destroy the NHS, the environment, agriculture, trade....? How about helping those who can't afford to heat their homes? Is this culture war, anti-"woke" stuff really working? Perhaps people don't want more coal mines and north sea oil after all?

I'm sceptical as to the real extent of the poll lead, as I think a reasonable proportion of Tories are probably too embarrassed to admit they will vote Conservative at the next election. But there is a long term trend here which has not looked good for the Tories for some time - and they just keep doubling down on the awful policies that have got them there.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I wonder when the Tories are actually going to take stock of what's happening in this country and think: should we not try something different? Have they all given up, and are now just focussed on their own private agendas? Presumably at least SOMEONE at CCHQ might be thinking: Perhaps picking fights with nurses and ambulance drivers isn't such a great idea after all? Maybe going on about small boats isn't the vote-winner we thought it was? Perhaps we should stop trying to destroy the NHS, the environment, agriculture, trade....? How about helping those who can't afford to heat their homes? Is this culture war, anti-"woke" stuff really working? Perhaps people don't want more coal mines and north sea oil after all?

I'm sceptical as to the real extent of the poll lead, as I think a reasonable proportion of Tories are probably too embarrassed to admit they will vote Conservative at the next election. But there is a long term trend here which has not looked good for the Tories for some time - and they just keep doubling down on the awful policies that have got them there.
Because they are not a political party. They are the political branch of the elite.

They are in power purely to protect the interests of the rich and to make wealthy people wealthier. If they ruin the lives of normal people or sink the U.K. while providing this service to the rich? They don’t care a jot.

abc

Jan 6, 2007
Just wow....

Wouldn't it be amazing if there was a real purpose to voting the forever blue seats such as Chichester (and loads all around the country that I cant name). If people really felt this come the GE, I reckon the turnout would break all records!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Wouldn't it be amazing if there was a real purpose to voting the forever blue seats such as Chichester (and loads all around the country that I cant name). If people really felt this come the GE, I reckon the turnout would break all records!
The people of Chichester are not happy with Gillian Keegan voting to allow sewage in Chichester harbour. I've seen the photos!

abc

Jan 6, 2007

Totally agree and it really sums up why they are finished as a political force for a long time. Historical parallels with Labour and many other parties around the world that remain in power too long. I used to be anti (platform to extremists, 1930s Germany etc) PR but now I am convinced its the only way we can have a government that consistently understands that it has a responsibility to ALL its citizens.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Because they are not a political party. They are the political branch of the elite.

They are in power purely to protect the interests of the rich and to make wealthy people wealthier. If they ruin the lives of normal people or sink the U.K. while providing this service to the rich? They don’t care a jot.
Yes, but....er, who wants the country run by do-gooders, interfering busy bodies hell-bent on taking away our hard-won freedoms? ???

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Their problem, just as was Corbyn's problem ironically, is that've created their own little media echo chamber in which everything is fine and dandy and people will all vote for them because they love what they're doing. It simply does not occur to them that this mindset is wrong. The opinion polls don't look good, but the Daily Telegraph / GB News / The Spectator / Daily Mail / The Sun says it's a brilliant idea, and that must count for something in their world. Sure there are some pesky troublemakers out there who gain traction out of pointing out how bad they are at things (The Guardian, James O'Brien, Channel 4 News) but they're easily ignored or just frothing communists who the public hate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here