Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Top Gear's Clarkson suspended by BBC

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Three of the four Most Read stories on the BBC News website currently are about Jeremy ****ing Clarkson. The fourth is about the plane crash in the Alps that left 150 people dead. :nono:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Three of the four Most Read stories on the BBC News website currently are about Jeremy ****ing Clarkson. The fourth is about the plane crash in the Alps that left 150 people dead. :nono:

That news is a day old. The clarkson news has just broke.

I don't see what your point is.

You're writing on a thread about Clarkson and not on the one about 150 people being killed......

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
James May should take over. He likes a laugh but not in the obnoxious Clarkson manner.

Surely those two awful, vacuous, toadying sidekicks will return to local radio or whatever else is their natural station in life, pun intended?

Making a living as a rectal polyp is never a good thing, no matter how big the a--ehole you're attached to happens to be.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
On Sky interview James May said that the three of them come in a package, so he would have to give a lot of thought about carrying on without him.

They asked who he'd like to work with, he said " he is a bit of a knob, but I like working with Jeremy"

I can't see May and Hammond going on without him, unless maybe they offer Hammond the job of fronting the show with 2 new presenters. Maybe do a bit of crossover work with the F1 presenters, Suzi Perry, DC and Eddie Jordan??

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
interesting point to note they haven't sacked/dismissed him, or even disciplined Clarkson, just not renewed his contract. makes you wonder how big an incident it was after all.

He is/was at the end of his contract anyway, I believe, so it is as good as sacking him.

And given that he hit someone, who didn't actually lodge a complaint but took himself to hospital after being subjected to a torrent of four letter words, that in most workplaces I think would come out as instant dismissal, with or without previous final warnings.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I think Tony Hall's full statement is spot on...

CA8rphGWUAABy6i.jpg

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
PC decision, should have given him a 6 match ban, top bods thinking they are big by needing to be seen to make a big decision but it's the wrong one.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
On Sky interview James May said that the three of them come in a package, so he would have to give a lot of thought about carrying on without him.

They asked who he'd like to work with, he said " he is a bit of a knob, but I like working with Jeremy"

I can't see May and Hammond going on without him, unless maybe they offer Hammond the job of fronting the show with 2 new presenters. Maybe do a bit of crossover work with the F1 presenters, Suzi Perry, DC and Eddie Jordan??

I think Clarkson will get a monster offer from Sky or some other commercial entity, then May and Hammond will join up with him to start on some new venture along similar lines as Top Gear. Those three are pretty tight, I'd be very surprised if May or Hammond remained on Top Gear after their mate has been binned off, especially as its inevitably going to take a dive now without Clarkson fronting it.

The BBC will be left with the "Top Gear" name for their programme, but whoever they draft in, it just won't be the same without those three. I can't see how they can make it anywhere near as successful. Clarkson will take great pleasure in getting another show off the ground on a rival channel, putting it up against whatever remains of Top Gear, and giving the BBC the finger.

Yoda

English & European
Just watch, Fifth Gear will end back up on Channel 5 with all three presenting it and will end up bigger than Top Gear.

Hammond & May had already said they wouldn't film the remaining episodes from this season without Clarkson, so doubt they will renew their contracts either.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
PC decision, should have given him a 6 match ban, top bods thinking they are big by needing to be seen to make a big decision but it's the wrong one.

PC? I'm interested to learn what the view of your employer would be if you punched a colleague in the face because there'd been some sort of disagreement.

Never mind potentially constituting a criminal assault, I can't imagine there's a workplace in the country that wouldn't consider that to fall into the category of gross misconduct.

Programmes like top gear no longer fit in to Danny Cohen and his hipster ilk's plans. More midwife programmes and sentimental crap to explore "Feelings"and "raise awareness of issues".
The bbc is longer relevant to me. Grand Prix coverage cut, football league show going, open golf going, Wimbledon going.
Sad day for blokey blokes all round. License fee canceled in protest😭

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Never mind potentially constituting a criminal assault, I can't imagine there's a workplace in the country that wouldn't consider that to fall into the category of gross misconduct.
I can think of one, some might say I have witnessed it, but I couldn't possibly comment. :whistle:

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Just watch, Fifth Gear will end back up on Channel 5 with all three presenting it and will end up bigger than Top Gear.

Say what you like about the BBC, but it's a bigger platform than minority channels like SKY, C5, C4 etc, so not sure how a motor show format on those sort of channels could top Top Gear.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Programmes like top gear no longer fit in to Danny Cohen and his hipster ilk's plans. More midwife programmes and sentimental crap to explore "Feelings"and "raise awareness of issues".
The bbc is longer relevant to me. Grand Prix coverage cut, football league show going, open golf going, Wimbledon going.
Sad day for blokey blokes all round. License fee canceled in protest��

Blokey blokes and wife beating are out the window these days EPG. The metrosexual man, who knows nothing about cars, makes dinner and does the washing up are thankfully our future.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Surely those two awful, vacuous, toadying sidekicks will return to local radio or whatever else is their natural station in life, pun intended?

Making a living as a rectal polyp is never a good thing, no matter how big the a--ehole you're attached to happens to be.

But enough about Tanno and Oatway...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here