Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Top Gear's Clarkson suspended by BBC

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Dear vegster, next time make your jokes a bit more topical, eg about a boxer who really was rubbish, it might have been funny then, hope this helps.

Oh, are you still here ? I thought we had finished our conversation ? Have you taken fully 11 days to compose this lightning riposte or is your internet access limited by having Dial Up, Parental Controls or being limited to 20 minutes a week by the Prison Authorities ? I must sharpen up then if we are to continue in this way, either that or you use your next allowance to get to understand how NSC works and man up accordingly.

Sunnymead

Mar 4, 2015
Oh, are you still here ? I thought we had finished our conversation ? Have you taken fully 11 days to compose this lightning riposte or is your internet access limited by having Dial Up, Parental Controls or being limited to 20 minutes a week by the Prison Authorities ? I must sharpen up then if we are to continue in this way, either that or you use your next allowance to get to understand how NSC works and man up accordingly.
no, I've actually got a life, hence why I haven't got 12000 odd posts in 7 years.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
no, I've actually got a life, hence why I haven't got 12000 odd posts in 7 years.

Posted at Midnight on a Sunday night, doesn't sound like it to me.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Is midnight late these days? Wake up at 7am for work and you still get a good 7 hours sleep. What time do I have to go to bed to be deemed to 'have a life' in your books?

Check the previous posts in the sequence before jumping in, ta.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Not sure if this has been posted but if the junior producer had laid one on Clarkson, which one of the two would be out of a job now I wonder ? One paper said the Clarkson might claim unfair dismissal if he is sacked, it's almost as sad as KP's outraged righteousness.

Sunnymead

Mar 4, 2015
Posted at Midnight on a Sunday night, doesn't sound like it to me.
One am actually , and I was in a hotel in warsaw having arrived a couple of hours earlier and couldnt sleep , so I came on here due to boredom , unlike yourself who seems to clock in regularly judging by your post count , perhaps take up a hobby ?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
... One paper said the Clarkson might claim unfair dismissal if he is sacked

doesnt seem entirely likely considering the comments he's been making from day one, methinks the papers are making up that part of the story.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
One am actually , and I was in a hotel in warsaw having arrived a couple of hours earlier and couldnt sleep , so I came on here due to boredom , unlike yourself who seems to clock in regularly judging by your post count , perhaps take up a hobby ?

Good Idea, have a rest after your post splurge, as for hobbies, I have several and it looks like I have gained another one in you.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
I can still remember the night I was told by my wife that a smart jacket can be warn with a pair of Levi jeans. She actually let me go out like that and an hour into the evening told me that Jeremy Clarkson often dresses like that. You can imagine how long it took me to be able to trust her again. In fact it still hurts now.
Bitch!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

I'm not having that...............he drinks Belgium beer and
Mastabates
regularly.................what other hobbies are there.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Jeremy Clarkson’s contract will not be renewed after the Top Gear presenter was involved in a 30-second physical assault on a producer, the BBC’s internal inquiry will report on Wednesday.

BBC director general Tony Hall is understood to have come to the conclusion that he has “little alternative” but to end Clarkson’s BBC career, 16 days after he was suspended following a “fracas” with a member of the Top Gear production team.

A BBC investigation led by BBC Scotland boss Ken MacQuarrie is thought to have found that Clarkson engaged Oisin Tymon in a 30-second physical assault after a 20-minute verbal tirade.

The BBC also hugely values the audience that Clarkson and the BBC2 programme – regularly watched by more than 5 million viewers – brings to the BBC.

But a source close to the inquiry said: “There can’t be one rule for talent and one rule for ordinary human beings.”

Following the findings of the MacQuarrie inquiry, and the fact that Clarkson was put on a final warning after the N-word controversy last year, a source said Hall had “little alternative” but to let Clarkson go.

Clarkson’s contract with the BBC was due to expire at the end of of March.

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2015/mar/25/jeremy-clarkson-top-gear-contract-bbc

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Telegraph saying they want Chris Evans to take over Top Gear, with or without Hammond & May.

Would be better off launching a new motoring show if Clarkson isn't on it.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Not sure if this has been posted but if the junior producer had laid one on Clarkson, which one of the two would be out of a job now I wonder ? One paper said the Clarkson might claim unfair dismissal if he is sacked, it's almost as sad as KP's outraged righteousness.
:thumbsup:
Jeremy Clarkson’s contract will not be renewed after the Top Gear presenter was involved in a 30-second physical assault on a producer, the BBC’s internal inquiry will report on Wednesday.

BBC director general Tony Hall is understood to have come to the conclusion that he has “little alternative” but to end Clarkson’s BBC career, 16 days after he was suspended following a “fracas” with a member of the Top Gear production team.

A BBC investigation led by BBC Scotland boss Ken MacQuarrie is thought to have found that Clarkson engaged Oisin Tymon in a 30-second physical assault after a 20-minute verbal tirade.

The BBC also hugely values the audience that Clarkson and the BBC2 programme – regularly watched by more than 5 million viewers – brings to the BBC.

But a source close to the inquiry said: “There can’t be one rule for talent and one rule for ordinary human beings.”

Following the findings of the MacQuarrie inquiry, and the fact that Clarkson was put on a final warning after the N-word controversy last year, a source said Hall had “little alternative” but to let Clarkson go.

Clarkson’s contract with the BBC was due to expire at the end of of March.

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2015/mar/25/jeremy-clarkson-top-gear-contract-bbc
:thumbsup:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Telegraph saying they want Chris Evans to take over Top Gear, with or without Hammond & May.

Would be better off launching a new motoring show if Clarkson isn't on it.

They could go back to doing a show about cars.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
BBC will not renew Clarkson's contract

I reckon they will get a new contract with someone else, surely with the viewing numbers, its too big to throw away?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here