Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tony Bloom is to blame for the mess we are in....

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
Whilst what you say is true, it feels like most people who have contributed to this thread are taking in turns to write more-or-less the same thing, or post "this" to one of them.

I think you're right, there does seem to be a lot people who support what Bloom has done, and disagree with the criticism of him, which is pleasing to see.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
I genuinely find the hate for Bloom laughable. .
Hate - noun - intense dislike.

What I find laughable, it how people take negative comments comments towards someone and have a :flounce: and see hatred in it. I don't think there are many, if any Brighton fans who HATE Tony Bloom, in fact I think you will be hard pushed to find one who has a mild dislike towards him. Many are criticising his methods at the moment, and rightly so, no one should be above criticism, but to use the word hate, is a bit sad to be honest.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
I genuinely find the hate for Bloom laughable. A couple of years ago people were singing his praises because he no doubt saved the club and then built the amazing stadium and training facilities. We've had half a bad season and all of sudden we're the worst run club in the history of the game. People are so fickle.

Who knows what the future holds but if the worst case scenario is we went down, the club wouldn't fold. In fact we'd be likely to go back up, quickly. Everybody wants to win games but you can't win all the time. EVERY club has good seasons and bad seasons, and we're currently having a bad one. We WILL have good ones again.

If people are annoyed about paying a lot of money to watch the Albion, that's fair enough, I agree it's expensive to watch Brighton but that issue was the same when we were winning games over the last few seasons and no one said Bloom had ruined the club then. Which shows people's anger is with the team and our performances. Again nothing wrong with being annoyed with the team for not winning when we pay a lot to watch them. But people have to accept the this season is just part of being a football fan, Bloom hasn't ruined the club, the club isn't in a mess it's just having a tough season. If people really do think this club is doomed/in a mess then I would say that says more about the fickle nature of football fans.

I don't think there is a single poster on here who hates Bloom.I certainly don't. People are just confused as to why he has not acted on our ridiculously shit season. Its clear to see that we have a manager that could not run a piss up in a brewery. Bloom needed to act before now.

Peter_Taylor

Dec 7, 2014
Storrington
I genuinely find the hate for Bloom laughable. A couple of years ago people were singing his praises because he no doubt saved the club and then built the amazing stadium and training facilities. We've had half a bad season and all of sudden we're the worst run club in the history of the game. People are so fickle.

Who knows what the future holds but if the worst case scenario is we went down, the club wouldn't fold. In fact we'd be likely to go back up, quickly. Everybody wants to win games but you can't win all the time. EVERY club has good seasons and bad seasons, and we're currently having a bad one. We WILL have good ones again.

If people are annoyed about paying a lot of money to watch the Albion, that's fair enough, I agree it's expensive to watch Brighton but that issue was the same when we were winning games over the last few seasons and no one said Bloom had ruined the club then. Which shows people's anger is with the team and our performances. Again nothing wrong with being annoyed with the team for not winning when we pay a lot to watch them. But people have to accept the this season is just part of being a football fan, Bloom hasn't ruined the club, the club isn't in a mess it's just having a tough season. If people really do think this club is doomed/in a mess then I would say that says more about the fickle nature of football fans.

I think that what has happened is that Bloom has poured money into the club for years and we have all become accustomed to success, like football junkies. He has now put money men in charge and tasked them with balancing the books. These guys do not seem to have much football knowledge but are doing a good job of getting the debts down. It feels to us like our supply of stuff has been cut off and we have gone cold-turkey. It is painful.

Please Mr Bloom give us some more - support the manager and buy us a couple of defenders and a striker!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Tony is a fantastic chairman, but...

His decisions to leave Sami at the helm, and let Burke off the hook, are both massive errors of judgement.

smiler

Jan 12, 2006
Shoreham by Sea
Hate - noun - intense dislike.

What I find laughable, it how people take negative comments comments towards someone and have a :flounce: and see hatred in it. I don't think there are many, if any Brighton fans who HATE Tony Bloom, in fact I think you will be hard pushed to find one who has a mild dislike towards him. Many are criticising his methods at the moment, and rightly so, no one should be above criticism, but to use the word hate, is a bit sad to be honest.

I dont think anyone hates him just his ability to run a football club ane having to rely on Burke and Barber

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'm beginning to HATE Bloom for what he has done the last couple of years, should have given the job to Gordon Smith and we would be in the Prem now with Gus still in charge

Gus was looking for something better from the moment he got us promoted to the Championship and made a point of mentioning his ambition to manage just about every club from the Premier League that we played as well as Leeds United whenever a journalist asked him a question. There is no way on earth he would still be here, he wanted much better than Brighton and Hove Albion. In truth and in retrospect he probably was a bit too good for our budget and ambition, which ran out of steam after the Palace semi final, sadly.

Walker_this_way

Oct 18, 2011
Open your eyes. THe club is in a mess. We are losing thousands of fans compared to last season, who will not be back next season, (maybe up to 10,000) whether we stay up or go down. We have a top ten, maybe top 6 squad, and we are in the bottom three and won once in 16, and have a manager who once again is not capable, or more to the point, allowed to overhaul the tactics or formation. We are in free full. If that doesn't constitute a mess, then I don't know what does!

There are some points on this I agree with but most I find complete rubbish.

For one the club is not a 'mess' I would constitute that as a club like Leeds who are in financial trouble with all that rubbish surrounding their owner etc. that's a mess!

We are financially stable with a good base to build on therefore no mess.

Whilst I agree that the team should be doing better I would say we are far from a top six size. The basis people use for that argument is that we've managed it the past two seasons. But our squad is far weaker this season, we are not a top six side this year.

I will concede that Hyypia may not be the best man for the job and that there are some higher ups that maybe should be gotten rid of, but certainly not Bloom!

Another thing to note is that as someone mentioned earlier those who sat through the Withdean years are probably more content with our current position. Those who joined once we got the Amex were sold a story of how we would be in the top flight within five years but we don't have the squad or the financial ability to be premier league at the moment. Anyone suggesting fans will stop buying season tickets if we remain in the Championship without going up are what I would call fickle fans. The championship is high level of football and probably where we should be at this stage no lower and certainly not higher.

I don't think we will go down and I have faith that we will turn it around but maybe it's time that fans stop moaning, accept the position we are in and that we can't change that, and get behind the team (even if you don't support the manager).

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Oh for heaven's sake! You TELL the manager how much is available to spend, don't just say, 'Spend what you like'. And the main basis of your argument, Magath spunking £12M on Mitroglio, is just bo11ocks; it didn't happen like that (see above posts from people who know more about football than you or I do). Mitroglio joined Fulham before Magath (although was an equally bad signing).

Just because a limit is set for spending, still doesn't make the money spent wisely. The manager uses the money, the club plummets and other than saying its your fault the club is ledt in a difficult position whilst the manager departs and a new man is brought in with the same excuse of not having his own players. Your arguement is so simplistic as to be laughable. In how many business s does your philisophy take place, there has to be checks and balances and giving the manager such access is ridiculous.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here