Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tony Bloom is to blame for the mess we are in....

Seagulls1984

Aug 8, 2011
Steyning
There has been talk of TB selling up but heard a theory yesterday. What if Bloom wants to sell his interest in the club but retain ownership of the ground and academy to add to his property portfolio and then rent it to BHA fc. Interesting but dont think it will.

Also Ray Parlour on talksport said he knows the Bloom BROTHERS who own Brighton is this true or a slip of the tongue.

Why wouldn't he know the blooms ??

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Only just seen this thread. Couldn't agree more, if it had not been for Tony's meddling we would have, more than likely, been enjoying a top of the table clash this afternoon with Whitehawk.
But all 900 people there would be supporters, not customers. And that makes all the difference. Surely you can see that.

There has been talk of TB selling up but heard a theory yesterday. What if Bloom wants to sell his interest in the club but retain ownership of the ground and academy to add to his property portfolio and then rent it to BHA fc.

The Amex stadium and training ground (it's not an Academy) are both currently rented by the football club (BHAFC Ltd).

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The Amex stadium and training ground (it's not an Academy) are both currently rented by the football club (BHAFC Ltd).

If that is the case from a company owned by TB he could sell the club and relieve himself of those debts and receive rent from thd property, what is his business?

To answer Seagulls 1984 he implied that the brothers owned everything not TB, as I said could have been a slip of the tongue.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
If that is the case from a company owned by TB he could sell the club and relieve himself of those debts and receive rent from thd property, what is his business?

To answer Seagulls 1984 he implied that the brothers owned everything not TB, as I said could have been a slip of the tongue.

What debts. The stadium company has the debt.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Is that not a sizeable debt that TB would be released from amongst all of our trading losses.

I might be missing your point. However, FFP is difficult to meet because we have a reasonably large squad on decent wages - costs related to infrastructure aren't included in the calculation.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My point is that it would make logical sense for TB to sell the football club thus relieving himself of those debts whilst still running the company that rents the ground to BHA. He has made a large proportion of his wealth from property. Without being active for BHA he would never have got permission to build the ground or training ground.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
Open your eyes. THe club is in a mess. We are losing thousands of fans compared to last season, who will not be back next season, (maybe up to 10,000) whether we stay up or go down. We have a top ten, maybe top 6 squad, and we are in the bottom three and won once in 16, and have a manager who once again is not capable, or more to the point, allowed to overhaul the tactics or formation. We are in free full. If that doesn't constitute a mess, then I don't know what does!

Maybe that 10,000 can **** off back to supporting their EPL teams then, without TB we'd still be at Withdean, have a nice sit down and a cup of tea and calm the **** down people.

My point is that it would make logical sense for TB to sell the football club thus relieving himself of those debts whilst still running the company that rents the ground to BHA. He has made a large proportion of his wealth from property. Without being active for BHA he would never have got permission to build the ground or training ground.

I guess that would depend on the amount that he and the other shareholders received from the buyer of the football club (I assume you're referring to BHAFC Ltd as the "football club" as it is this entity/company that is the Football League member?).

In the last set of published accounts (for 2012/13) the accumulated shareholders deficit for BHAFC Ltd (ie amount loaned by the shareholders to keep the company going) amounted to £50.5M with assets valued at £10.9M. These accounts show that this deficit increased significantly (by £14.8M) over the season because the football club's expenditure (£38.2M) exceeded it's income (£23.4M) and it is the annual income/expenditure imbalance that FFP currently seeks to address.
As others have said the debts incurred in building the stadium and training ground sit with The Community Stadium Company Ltd (TCSL) and are nothing to do with the football club or FFP.
Tony Bloom was neither the Chairman nor a Director of the Club/TCSL when planning permission was granted for the Stadium. At the time he was a minority (<10%) shareholder in the holding company and your comment that consent wouldn't have been granted is just wrong.

The idea that Darren and Tony Bloom are equal partners in the Albion is as preposterous as your suggestion that it was Tony Bloom who achieved planning consent for the stadium.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Hurry up Tony and get someone in. Stop faffing around. We need a manager and we will lose out with your due diligence nonsense.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Perhaps it was TB plan all along to allow those in the position to achieve getting permission then step in with the money to finance it then do a Ron Noades and rent it back to the club. Nobody puts in £100+m on a whim without planning. I am not saying it is whats happening just a suggestion made to me at the match as to why relegation not being so bad.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Perhaps it was TB plan all along to allow those in the position to achieve getting permission then step in with the money to finance it then do a Ron Noades and rent it back to the club. Nobody puts in £100+m on a whim without planning. I am not saying it is whats happening just a suggestion made to me at the match as to why relegation not being so bad.

You are just sooo gullible. Do you seriously believe our chairman wants us to go down? FFS.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Maybe that 10,000 can **** off back to supporting their EPL teams then, without TB we'd still be at Withdean, have a nice sit down and a cup of tea and calm the **** down people.
Don't be thick. Do you think we can maintain the spending on the squad with 10k less supporters? We need those 10k to maintain our spending levels. You sound bitter that we found 20k supporters when we moved to the Amex. Maybe you'd b happier with 7 or 8,000 die hards each week.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here