Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tony Bloom is to blame for the mess we are in....

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
TB is not beyond criticism but he is OK in my book

Cars

Feb 13, 2012
Haywards Heath
I hate the argument that because bloom has invested heavily, he should be backed.

It's an investment as people have said. He will more than likely get that money back.

And let's not forget, we're the ones spending out of our pockets. If we don't like the product we're receiving, then we have a right to complain about whatever we like.

It's not like the stadium is a gift, his done it to make f**king money, his a businessman.

If this were any other type of business, where we were being failed, no one would have a problem with slating the chairman.

So to summarise, his a businessman, trying to make money with something he enjoys. And could quite possibly be f**king it up because he doesn't know how to run a football club!

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
I hate the argument that because bloom has invested heavily, he should be backed.

It's an investment as people have said. He will more than likely get that money back.

And let's not forget, we're the ones spending out of our pockets. If we don't like the product we're receiving, then we have a right to complain about whatever we like.

It's not like the stadium is a gift, his done it to make f**king money, his a businessman.

If this were any other type of business, where we were being failed, no one would have a problem with slating the chairman.

So to summarise, his a businessman, trying to make money with something he enjoys. And could quite possibly be f**king it up because he doesn't know how to run a football club!

I totally agree, El Pres is going to wet the bed after seeing this though. Get ready for 10 pages of facts and figures............

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Good post - just a couple of caveats.

1). Why wouldn't Adkins have got us to the Premier League? - he succeeded with Southampton (and he didn't throw his toys out of the pram or bugger off).

2). This -

Wasn't working under the continental system pretty much what DID p1ss off Poyet and OG?

Yes, and that is what I meant. Continental football did us no harm; it's trying to run the behind the scenes set up in that way that doesn't work. I suspect the likes of Sherwood, Clarke or Hughton would want far more control of playing issues. Any one of those would have been my choice in the summer, in that order. Another relatively untried foreigner was not what we needed. I know some on here didn't want Sherwood, but give me him in charge compared to the shambles we have at present any day.

Going back to my point on foreign managers, Poyet was a gamble worth taking and of course paid off - we were heading straight for League Two for the second season running, though I thought there were pros and cons to both him and Adkins. On Adkins, fair enough, I take your point. It would have probably taken us a year or two more to be pushing on the Premier League door with him, but perhaps that would have been better. I have sometimes wondered if we peaked early under Poyet, though boy do I miss him now. I would have been quite happy with Adkins when Poyet looked likely to go to Reading (and at the time Poyet was appointed; I think some of the banter between us and him was over his not getting the Brighton job).

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I don't know what you are saying tbf, you tend to beat around the bush using daft analogies.

I made my point clear that fans have poured tens of millions into the club and this shouldn't be taken for granted. There is no argument.
Yep, could be we're subsidising TB's hobby by minimising (or at least reducing) his losses!

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

Yep, real estate and brick and mortar.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Yep, could be we're subsidising TB's hobby by minimising (or at least reducing) his losses!

If you have got so much money you have to invest in something. It could be on the stock market, oil or diamonds, or real estate and a football club.

Rich people can take their pick but it has to go somewhere.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I have it on good authority that Poyet said it would take Barber two years to undo all the progress that was made, looks like he was right. Its more frustrating than anything to see all the good work falling by the wayside for really nothing but bad management within the club. Whatever spin Barber and Co want to put on things they have royally f@cked things up, I hope TB hasn't put all his faith into Barber and Burke because those to can easily leave a sinking ship and he will be the one left to pick up the league 1 shortfall tab.

I wish I could dig out a post that has stuck in my mind for ages, may have even been a thread title. It was posted before Poyet's departure and featured somebody claiming to be 'in the know'. This person said that he had been told that 'there is a cancer spreading through the club'. Its only remained in my thinking due to the unease I have felt about the restructuring of the club and the appointments of Barber and co.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I

There is no way that BHA is a financial investment. Man Utd are probably the only club in the country where it would be possible to make back even close to the money that TB has poured into BHA, and continues to pour in: 200m and rising.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade

His got a point.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here