Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tony Bloom is to blame for the mess we are in....

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Average gate last season 25k x average cost of £25 per ticket x 23 games = £1,4375,000

Average spend inside the ground per season £2,875000

Sub total = £17,250000

Probably takes a further million for car parking charges.

That is my rough estimate, so give or take a few million, it is definately a lot of millions.

It was £11.8 million, substantially less than your figure of £18-20 million

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
How about away games,merchandise and peripheral entertainment?

Who are you suggesting is a good option to take over?

We have a genuine fan who has sunk a couple of hundred million into the club and overseen successive seasons finishing in the playoffs.

This season has been a massive disappointment - getting rid of Hyypia now, or at least very soon seems like the best call, but a sense of perspective on Bloom's stewardship of the club so far is very much required. 20 games with a shite manager does not cancel out all the good he's done for the club.

There are some utterly clueless c***s with extremely short memories on this board.

Feb 14, 2010
.. as they said on life of Brian.. what has tony bloom ever done for us..? Well there is a ground... as they also said, "no pleasing some people". It is an attention seeking wind up thread.

Harry H

Comfortably numb.
Aug 11, 2010
Who are you suggesting is a good option to take over?

We have a genuine fan who has sunk a couple of hundred million into the club and overseen successive seasons finishing in the playoffs.

This season has been a massive disappointment - getting rid of Hyypia now, or at least very soon seems like the best call, but a sense of perspective on Bloom's stewardship of the club so far is very much required. 20 games with a shite manager does not cancel out all the good he's done for the club.

There are some utterly clueless c***s with extremely short memories on this board.

If the cap fits you clueless c***.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
You think Tony Bloom invested in the Albion to make some money? If that's true he must be the worst businessman in the whole of Sussex.

As EP also posted on this I will reply. Business does not only consist of 'making/losing money.' The networking potential is massive, the publicity for his business interests, with his name in the papers etc. is also huge. If all this exposure costs him eight million a year, I don't think it is without the realms of possibility that he more than recoups that amount in increased turnover and with it, profit...

As I say, the altruism aspect is romantic, but probably unrealistic :thumbsup:

Harry H

Comfortably numb.
Aug 11, 2010
As EP also posted on this I will reply. Business does not only consist of 'making/losing money.' The networking potential is massive, the publicity for his business interests, with his name in the papers etc. is also huge. If all this exposure costs him eight million a year, I don't think it is without the realms of possibility that he more than recoups that amount in increased turnover and with it, profit...

At least someone gets it.......

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
It was £11.8 million, substantially less than your figure of £18-20 million

Where do you get those numbers from? A breakdown please?

Though £12m or £18m doesn't alter my point. It's many millions of pounds that the fans are putting through a business account.

Even at £12m over 10 years would equal the money TB put into the stadium, so a lot has to do with the effort the fans have to put in if you add up the man hours worked for that sort of money. At a guess it would be 600,000 man hours worked to make that £12m to give to the club and this should not be sneezed at.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

Though £12m or £18m doesn't alter my point. It's many millions of pounds that the fans are putting through a business account.

Even at £12m over 10 years would equal the money TB put into the stadium, so a lot has to do with the effort the fans have to put in if you add up the man hours worked for that sort of money. At a guess it would be 600,000 man hours worked to make that £12m to give to the club and this should not be sneezed at.

Why don't you just download the accounts from the companies house website?

Harry H

Comfortably numb.
Aug 11, 2010
OK.
It is Tony Bloom and not the fans who have kept the Albion going for over a hundred years.
You win.

And it is the fans and not Tony Bloom who are responsible for the clubs current problems.
You win twice.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

I get the numbers from the club accounts. Who is sneezing at people spending money on the club. You're figures were very inaccurate, that's all. TB covered the £14.8 million losses last season.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
If someone has the time and knowledge of how to go about it, perhaps they could look at TB's gambling concern public accounts and see if there has been an increase in turnover/profit since he has been chairman of BHA...

Harry H

Comfortably numb.
Aug 11, 2010
If someone has the time and knowledge of how to go about it, perhaps they could look at TB's gambling concern public accounts and see if there has been an increase in turnover/profit since he has been chairman of BHA...

I would bet that there has!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

Why don't you do it?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

I've done a full search on him. Over 90% of his income comes from overseas, the Albion doesn't register on the scale.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Can't see it myself. An under-achieving Championship football club helping his secretive business interests? Name in the papers? He hides away from all that, he never appears in any rich lists or anything like that. The Blooms have been involved in the Albion for years, I really don't think Tony's involvement CRA down to anything other than being an Albion fan who's in a position to bring the club he loves the most success it's ever had. We're Brighton & Hove Albion, not Real Madrid.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here