Which side are you on?

• #TeamRecliner

Votes: 25 18.5%
  • #TeamGetYourSeatOutOfMyFace

Votes: 110 81.5%

• Total voters

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
You don't decline a recline, Jimbo. Fair point, well made.

David_Senior.jpg

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I get that reclining can be a bit of a pain in the arse, but that bloke is just being a tosser, isn't he.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I know its kind of taboo to have a sensible, respectful dialogue in our day and age but I'm a bit of a madman so I usally ask the person behind me if its okay that I recline my seat a bit.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Recline for me! The option is there to use it.

If you want more space then most planes have other cabins that offer that

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
It takes a special kind of inconsiderate idiot to recline if it's obvious you will be causing the person behind you to be uncomfortable. I hold a special kind of contempt for anyone that thinks it's their right because they've bought the ticket and to hell with anyone else. Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Recline. (But this particular woman is an idiot)

IMHO both parties in this FRACAS are idiots. Hipster just wants to treat a public space as an extension of his home/office. Woman just wants to recline that oh so important six inches for no good reason at all. Hell Is Other People aye? But in the end the solution lies with the airline. No recline, one less source of in-flight conflict. Might be wrong here, but believe that Easyjet have already implented the no recline policy. Ryanair on the other hand have probably introduced a £4.99 recline option.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
never felt the need to, though only really short haul.

the chaps response is utter cjtc behaviour

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I don't recline, unless it's on a long haul flight (long time since I've been on one of them) and then I check with the person behind they are comfortable with me doing so.

In the video it looks like beardy is annoyed his seat won't recline as much because he's at the back of the aircraft. I once flew to Minneapolis in the last row and had a seat that didn't recline, it wasn't the most comfortable flight but I still wouldn't have acted like that. Both parties could have behaved a bit better chap should have asked politely if the seat could be moved forward a bit, woman was clearly out to wind him up once she knows he's irked by the recline but his behaviour isn't something i'd accept from a child let alone a grown man.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
If the seat reclines then you have paid for a reclining seat so you are entitled to use it.
If you dont want the person in front to recline pay for an emergency exit seat or business class.

And what about those of us that have our seats paid for by our business so there is no option of an upgrade ?

Maybe only business seats should be able to recline not economy ?

Last month flew back from Canada and the arse in front of me reclined and didn't even put his seat upright during meal service despite me asking .... until the cabin crew asked him. I'd happily support the removal of the recline option on all flights.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
IMHO both parties in this FRACAS are idiots. Hipster just wants to treat a public space as an extension of his home/office. Woman just wants to recline that oh so important six inches for no good reason at all. Hell Is Other People aye? But in the end the solution lies with the airline. No recline, one less source of in-flight conflict. Might be wrong here, but believe that Easyjet have already implented the no recline policy. Ryanair on the other hand have probably introduced a £4.99 recline option.

Maybe there should be a charge for reclining .... say £50 ..... and you can only recline if the person behind says yes and they get £40 of the £50 ?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
And what about those of us that have our seats paid for by our business so there is no option of an upgrade ?

Last month flew back from Canada and the arse in front of me reclined and didn't even put his seat upright during meal service despite me asking .... until the cabin crew asked him. I'd happily support the removal of the recline option on all flights.

Could you have reclined your seat?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I know its kind of taboo to have a sensible, respectful dialogue in our day and age but I'm a bit of a madman so I usally ask the person behind me if its okay that I recline my seat a bit.

Same here and I always bring it back unasked when food is served. I have yet to have anyone complain about me reclining my seat following this practice.

The guy in the video deserves a really HARD punch in the face. i wonder if he’d have behaved like this if a Millwall fan was in the woman’s place

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here