Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Time to give Walton first team action

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Without knowing the details of why he was released, we probably would've been better off giving Kuszczak a new contract rather than spending money on a new keeper who I'm not sure is much of an improvement on him. The money would definitely have been better spent on another forward or on a better forward than the ones we ended up with.

He's no Graeme Smith though; Stockdale is a decent keeper at this level, just not any better than Kuszczak in my opinion.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
First Albion game 1962 well that's clearly a lie if you really think this or maybe you have been sitting by the radio since 1962

We all have our opinions sonny, even us with longer histories of supporting the Albion than yours. Unfortunately we didn't have local radio back in the 60s so I had to wait outside the old North Stand to get my opinions from supporters leaving the ground.

I didn't say he's the worst, I said "has the makings".

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Personally I think Stockdale has the makings of the poorest first choice goalie in my lifetime. His positional sense is non existent. He has a lot of improvement to make. Agree that it is probably early days for Walton.

Unless you are just turning 3 this is complete plop. Stockdale worse than, Nicky Rust, Mark Walton, Ankergran 1st season at the AMEX? What a complete twonk you are.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Unless you are just turning 3 this is complete plop. Stockdale worse than, Nicky Rust, Mark Walton, Ankergran 1st season at the AMEX? What a complete twonk you are.

One of the joys of NSC is to have an opinion and share it with others to create debate and encourage people to give their own opinions....... and, of course, to give idiots like you the opportunity to be rude to people.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
utter ARSEHAT.

Most of what Stockdale does is bloody good. He's reassuring and I don't get that "Oh f**k" feeling as I did when Brez was anywhere near the ball. We've conceded one goal in 4 games. Hardly shipping for fun.

Had one more of our 26 shots gone in last night, this would not even be a discussion.

Oh yes it would , you cannot afford to keep making mistakes as a keeper in the Championship, the games are hard enough without a very dodgy keeper

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Personally I think Stockdale has the makings of the poorest first choice goalie in my lifetime. His positional sense is non existent. He has a lot of improvement to make. Agree that it is probably early days for Walton.

Not even close or did you register on NSC just after you were born? - If not then you must have (conveniently) forgotten all about Graeme Smith (2009–2010) What was it again? - 25+ conceeded in only a handful of games? (statto's please help)

At least Stockdale has made a great save already in his Albion career whereas Smith just picked the ball out of the back of the net after appearing to be a rabbit caught in the headlights whenever the opposition attacked.

Or are you just over getting worked up over nothing.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Oh yes it would , you cannot afford to keep making mistakes as a keeper in the Championship, the games are hard enough without a very dodgy keeper

'dodgy keeper'....what bollocks. I assume you've never made a mistake in your lifetime then, given that you're seemingly incapable of allowing a fellow human to do the same.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Yeah apart from gifting them a goal

PIG also cost us goals, and there are those who would welcome him back and don't hold them against him.
In fact every keeper has made mistakes in his career which have cost his side goals / points. Fans should realise that it can happen and it's a part of football, not use it as a stick to beat that player unnecessarily (especially whilst still our no.1)
It's how they respond, and Stockdale did well, especially when they were through after the poor Dunk backheader.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Not even close or did you register on NSC just after you were born? - If not then you must have (conveniently) forgotten all about Graeme Smith (2009–2010) What was it again? - 25+ conceeded in only a handful of games? (statto's please help)

I think you'll find he wasn't first choice keeper - that would have been FDM.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
PIG also cost us goals, and there are those who would welcome him back and don't hold them against him.
In the time that he was No1 I would suggest that TK made less mistakes and cost us less goals than Stockdale has in the 2 months he has been No 1. I would also suggest that TK in a comparative time earnt us more points with his shot stopping, than the present No 1.

It is time for Anti Niemi to earn his corn and sort out our goalkeeper problem failing which it will be a long hard struggle this season.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
In the time that he was No1 I would suggest that TK made less mistakes and cost us less goals than Stockdale has in the 2 months he has been No 1. I would also suggest that TK in a comparative time earnt us more points with his shot stopping, than the present No 1.

It is time for Anti Niemi to earn his corn and sort out our goalkeeper problem failing which it will be a long hard struggle this season.

At the same time our forwards not scoring will not contribute whatsoever to this 'struggle'.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Stockdale is a very good goalkeeper and will prove to be an excellent signing for us, I'm confident of that.

At times this season he has maybe been a little inconsistent but I don't think that is very surprising considering he has been a back up keeper for most of the past few seasons.

He said in pre season he needed games and I fully believe that with those games under his belt he will prove to be one of the best keepers outside of the premier league.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
We all have our opinions sonny, even us with longer histories of supporting the Albion than yours. Unfortunately we didn't have local radio back in the 60s so I had to wait outside the old North Stand to get my opinions from supporters leaving the ground.

I didn't say he's the worst, I said "has the makings".

Not even remotely close to the 'makings' of being the worst goalkeeper - From somebody who saw his first Albion game as a nipper in 1969. The worst by a mile has to be Andy Petterson followed by Graeme Smith and David Hughes. All of whom gave excellent impressions of Flipper at Sea World when attempting to gather a cross.

Bar one mistake, Stockdale gave a sound performance last night. He's not the best all round keeper I've seen between the sticks for the Albion but I've seen MANY worse.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Stockdales distribution is excellent. A few times this season his throws, passes or kicks have put the other team on the backfoot. Your right about Brez.

Stick him in midfield then, where he can do less damage.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Stockdale was voted online MOM against Forest, has been steadily improving each game, and has proven class. Now we kill him after one mistake ?? Jeesh. It's our failure to score that's costing us points, not Stockdale.
Don't recall forest having many good chances in that game mmmm.Hes a good goalkeeper and will be a fine acquisition.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here