Time for Jake to say adios

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
Disagree. The boy's future is as a winger now and he was up against Premiership opposition today. No way of judging how he'll perform against League One defenders as an out-and-out winger. Suspect he'll do OK.

Not sure he has enough pace for that role ..we will have to wait and see...if the manager picks him we need to get behind him

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Inconsistant for 4 years now. None of this he's only young rubbish....if he was a player we bought and he performed like he has done...we would have sold him......

No hard feelings jake....but the right winger is a very very very important role especially this season with forster needing good service.....the guy needs feeding......GET SOMEONE IN WILKO...DO YOUR MAGIC

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Inconsistant for 4 years now. None of this he's only young rubbish....if he was a player we bought and he performed like he has done...we would have sold him......

No hard feelings jake....but the right winger is a very very very important role especially this season with forster needing good service.....the guy needs feeding......GET SOMEONE IN WILKO...DO YOUR MAGIC

I repeat: that was Premiership opposition today, and top half Premiership at that (OK, OK, I know it was 'only' Reading, but they've moved onwards and upwards and are not the team we used to know as bottle jobs). Jakey only needs to do the business at League One level. We don't know how effective he'll be at that yet. Got to be worth a go surely.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
the trouble with robinson is is that he is inconsistent. he has proven he CAN do it, such as the form he showed towards the end of 04-05, and the way he played in october/november time last season

however, having these little purple patches for 10-12 games a season is not really very helpful to us, as the rest of the time he is a mere passenger. he needs to find some consistency this season and produce for a decent amount of time, or else it may be time for us to cut our losses

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

Biff, players reach their peak at 26 or so. Just because expectations were outlandish and he was thrown in very early, does not mean he should be kicked out.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Biff, players reach their peak at 26 or so. Just because expectations were outlandish and he was thrown in very early, does not mean he should be kicked out.

too true. Peter Beardsley was playing crappy footie at Vancouver Whitecaps until he was 22 and he's possibly the most gifted player I've ever seen play.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I can't believe some of the tosh in this thread.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Scott Ramsey, Danny Marney, Chris McPhee, Jake Robinson, Joe Gatting... I thought they were all the same person...

stig

I hate Tim and Matty B
Mar 27, 2007
It's a bit harsh to make a judgement in a pre-season game when he's up against the man who started for England vs Brazil just a couple of months or so ago. I don't think he'll come up against so many international left backs in League 1.

Let's face it, Peter Ward was pants today - missed two penalties and still gets a big cheer. What is it with Brighton fans? Some people can do no right, some can do no wrong

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I think it's fair to say that Jake had a poor game yesterday. He really didn't get into it and almost seemed disinterested at times. That said he played a blinder against Fulham.

Ned

Real Northern Monkey
Jul 16, 2003
At Home
I get the impression on this thread that some posters won't be happy with the squad until it's full of premiership internationals.

That aint going to happen any time soon.
We are (at present) a lower league club with aspirations to the upper leagues and have to make do with what we can get for now.
I'm not suggesting that Jake will cut it in the higer leagues but he was far from the worst player on the park yesterday, and didn't dive like a trident submarine like certain (much vaunted) players were observed to do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports