Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ticket Exchange

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I still find our ascendancy impressive. I worked with an Albion director (not on club matters) in the Falmer proposals years, I think their financial projections had a break-even of something like 14,000. I remember anti-football types laughing, saying we’d never get such attendances. A personal view, I was confident. We have this county’s population virtually to ourselves and as kid I saw 28k to 33k at the Goldstone.

MOST fans seemed to think we'd struggle to sell 20k, let alone 30k. I'm sure there are plenty of threads on here from 10+ years ago.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Scrap it - completely ridiculous and self inflicted by the club, rows of empty seats which could have people spending money in the ground and clubshop

How much are these fans who are 'not prepared to pay £25 because they're only gonna go once this season' likely to spend in the club shop?!

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
MOST fans seemed to think we'd struggle to sell 20k, let alone 30k. I'm sure there are plenty of threads on here from 10+ years ago.

I wonder how many fans would have predicted that we’d sell over 30k and less than 25k would turn up

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

There was, but not so sure that it was a majority of supporters.

Plenty of optimists who recognised the huge population of the entire conurbation and Sussex, and knowledge of big Albion crowds before successive boards screwed our prospects on the pitch.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes

I have paid for ticket sharing....At the time I thought it meant what it says. However recipient has to be member,Has to have covid pass and photo ID.

Not as easy as ringing someone up 11am and saying fancy football this afternoon as it was two seasons ago.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Ticket exchange does not even appear to be working now - anyone else having problems ?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
If it’s 10p, that’s 10p more than an empty seat spends.

More than offset by the ticket sales revenue from selling full priced seats to people who would otherwise have had a freebie or unofficially paid a STH. The club have a view on this, hence the policy. I reckon I believe their financial projections more than disgruntled ST holders who had grown use to sub letting their tickets at no personal cost.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I have paid for ticket sharing....At the time I thought it meant what it says. However recipient has to be member,Has to have covid pass and photo ID.

Not as easy as ringing someone up 11am and saying fancy football this afternoon as it was two seasons ago.

You've added Covid obstacles into this discussion, which will affect all clubs very soon. My son's a STH, he has to undergo a Lateral Flow Test and get an NHS texted/emailed reply prior to each game.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I am not around for the Leicester game, but I see no point in trying to put my ticket on the list

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Be careful you will be accused by some of putting other life priorities before BHA..

Remember we have some Uber fans who would not miss a game ever !!!!

It was fine as we have a golf society on Sunday/Monday/ Tuesday in Bristol. Of course Saturday would have been fine!

Bloody sky/bt/ Amazon etc.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
More than offset by the ticket sales revenue from selling full priced seats to people who would otherwise have had a freebie or unofficially paid a STH. The club have a view on this, hence the policy. I reckon I believe their financial projections more than disgruntled ST holders who had grown use to sub letting their tickets at no personal cost.

The logic doesn't withstand any scrutiny. As many people have pointed out, they have historically given away their tickets to trusted friends and family when they're unable to make the occasional game, not for personal profit. You're assuming those 'guests' would otherwise buy a full price match ticket - which, among the ones I've given tickets to in the past - would not be the case. But they do spend money at the ground. So it's all revenue gained.

Albion's financial projections may well support the new tack, which is nice. But those projections could be wrong - we'll see. And if the side effect is a lot of empty seats and reduced season ticket renewals (i.e. reduced guaranteed revenue), perhaps they'll change course.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
To counter this loss of, er, 10 pences, the club probably gained record gate receipts - or close to it. :shrug:

That doesn't counter anything. It just means they missed out on gaining record gate receipts PLUS the money that all the people that left seats empty would have spent while at the match.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
The logic doesn't withstand any scrutiny. As many people have pointed out, they have historically given away their tickets to trusted friends and family when they're unable to make the occasional game, not for personal profit. You're assuming those 'guests' would otherwise buy a full price match ticket - which, among the ones I've given tickets to in the past - would not be the case. But they do spend money at the ground. So it's all revenue gained.

Albion's financial projections may well support the new tack, which is nice. But those projections could be wrong - we'll see. And if the side effect is a lot of empty seats and reduced season ticket renewals (i.e. reduced guaranteed revenue), perhaps they'll change course.

That’s a bit of a climb down from all the assertions of a drop in revenue as fact I’ve seen on here. I’m sure the club is completely agreeable that they might change tack in the future but that’s the same for all of their commercial decisions.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
That’s a bit of a climb down from all the assertions of a drop in revenue as fact I’ve seen on here. I’m sure the club is completely agreeable that they might change tack in the future but that’s the same for all of their commercial decisions.

Sure, it's a 'climb down' if it makes you feel happy that you "won" :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here