Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ticket Exchange

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
I don’t know why you are taking my posts so personally, or why you think I am a far better fan than you. My consistent point is that the club should not be expected to make allowances for fans that can’t attend matches.
Enjoy your other hobbies 😀

And where have I asked the club to make allowances for fans?

My other hobby is outing idiots and people stuck up their own bottom........I've been very sucessful today.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
And where have I asked the club to make allowances for fans?

My other hobby is outing idiots and people stuck up their own bottom........I've been very sucessful today.

Your opening post.

Now name calling. Your “other” hobby? Relax, you’re going on holiday you shouldn’t be on here getting wound up.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I’ve just come up with a cunning plan.

It is clear that only a handful of tickets sold in the 24 hours before the match. Maybe next time the club haven’t sold all their tickets and there’s only 24 hours to kick off, they could open the ticket exchange to see if they get a better take up of what we all think are better seats. That will give those that can’t go or find someone to transfer their ticket to a chance of getting a sale whilst not affecting the clubs income much if they still only sell a handful in that period.

Surely got to be worth finding out.

I may email the club to suggest it.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
I’ve just come up with a cunning plan.

It is clear that only a handful of tickets sold in the 24 hours before the match. Maybe next time the club haven’t sold all their tickets and there’s only 24 hours to kick off, they could open the ticket exchange to see if they get a better take up of what we all think are better seats. That will give those that can’t go or find someone to transfer their ticket to a chance of getting a sale whilst not affecting the clubs income much if they still only sell a handful in that period.

Surely got to be worth finding out.

I may email the club to suggest it.

Yes be so kind as to email them with the suggestions
Including the one from the OP where Exchange kicks in on an area / zone being sold out

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Your opening post.

Now name calling. Your “other” hobby? Relax, you’re going on holiday you shouldn’t be on here getting wound up.

Is it open?

I listed mine over a week ago and when checking have never seen them on sale...

just a few single ones dotted around.....surely the club dont wait until every single seat is sold before opening exchange? ( exchange virgin here only missed a couple before )

Cant see in that post where any favours were asked, just a question.

Anyway you are boring me now.

:cheers: it smust be way past your bedtime.?

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
Perhaps you could enlighten me with some long term projections.

Jam today!

Please Re read the suggestions earlier in the thread as to why this might be the case !
You are Paul Barber And I claim my prize :eek:
You may have to remove your blinkers though
Jam today and feck tomorrow You must be a banker ?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Fair enough but I'm guessing most of the noises about this are coming from people that either miss about 5 or 6 games a season or those that borrow their tickets for those games.

For those people, and those that split cost of season ticket 50/50, the official way of sharing is perfect. It’s the miss one or 2 games a season folks it’s not ideal for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
This new policy is directly leading to SWATHES of empty seats in the stadium. This is now indisputable fact. The pretendance today was circa 32k, but anyone who was there would know we could easily lop off 6-7k from that, probably more.

A friend of mine is a Watford fan. Previously I've sorted him a guest ticket in the WSU near us via my season ticket. This season, he'd have had to pay £25 to become an Albion+ member (for that ONE game), plus me paying £20. Obviously we didn't bother = an empty seat.

My dad is 81 and didn't want to commit to another season ticket. I go with my sister, we are both STHs, and there will be occasions when I (or more often her) can't go. We thought we could pass our ticket on to our dad easily enough - but as it turns out, it involves a combined £45 before either of us can do that. My dad, quite understandably, thumbed his nose. So if one of us can't go - empty seat.

I think BHAFC get most things right. But this is absolutely pathetic, and we will now be seen across the country - across the WORLD in the Premier League with embarrassing empty seats in our stadium. Today being a case in point.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
This new policy is directly leading to SWATHES of empty seats in the stadium. This is now indisputable fact. The pretendance today was circa 32k, but anyone who was there would know we could easily lop off 6-7k from that, probably more.

A friend of mine is a Watford fan. Previously I've sorted him a guest ticket in the WSU near us via my season ticket. This season, he'd have had to pay £25 to become an Albion+ member (for that ONE game), plus me paying £20. Obviously we didn't bother = an empty seat.

My dad is 81 and didn't want to commit to another season ticket. I go with my sister, we are both STHs, and there will be occasions when I (or more often her) can't go. We thought we could pass our ticket on to our dad easily enough - but as it turns out, it involves a combined £45 before either of us can do that. My dad, quite understandably, thumbed his nose. So if one of us can't go - empty seat.

I think BHAFC get most things right. But this is absolutely pathetic, and we will now be seen across the country - across the WORLD in the Premier League with embarrassing empty seats in our stadium. Today being a case in point.

Was hardly swathes of empty seats today. East lower next to North as always loads of missing ST holders (still can't work out why that's the case there, game after game?!), otherwise empty seats dotted about but nothing like swathes...

Agree though that it's a real shame the club have changed the policy.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Was hardly swathes of empty seats today. East lower next to North as always loads of missing ST holders (still can't work out why that's the case there, game after game?!), otherwise empty seats dotted about but nothing like swathes...

The small gaps in the NS last week, had disappeared today.

Still holiday season so that couldn’t be the explanation, I put this increase down to more people making the effort after the great display/wins over the last 7 days.

Then the players produce turd.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

I disagree. We looked FAR from being a packed house - which is what I'm seeing across most other PL grounds.

I'm sat in the WSU so I dunno how many gaps there are in our stand (4 empty seats directly in front of me paints a picture though). We fought so cuffing HARD for this stadium - to see it 10-15% below capacity because of deliberately imposed admin issues is not just heartbreaking. Its a bloody disgrace.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I disagree. We looked FAR from being a packed house - which is what I'm seeing across most other PL grounds.

I'm sat in the WSU so I dunno how many gaps there are in our stand (4 empty seats directly in front of me paints a picture though). We fought so cuffing HARD for this stadium - to see it 10-15% below capacity because of deliberately imposed admin issues is not just heartbreaking. Its a bloody disgrace.

A big part of it is also because we are what we are: a relatively small PL club with a fan base similar to clubs like Saints and Palace where you also regularly spot empty seats, and I'd say larger than Watford and Burnley where you usually see plenty of empty seats. Believe it or not we don't have a fan base the size of Everton, Newcastle, Villa, Leeds et al, nor have we had the incredible success Leicester have had which has inevitably meant they sell out regularly suddenly (quick Google says they went from 22 to 25k averages in the championship before last time they got promoted)

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I don’t know one person who said they wouldn’t/can’t go because of covid, although a couple on here have given that reason. I know lots of people who booked their holidays after the fixtures were released so were missing today.

Regardless, other than the really big matches there always seems to be 7-10% no shows. I just don’t get it.

I couldn’t go because of COVID. So that’s another for your list.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Looking toward West looked like 20/25% empty seats. Could have been more in Lower West and less in Upper West. North stand would estimate 10/15%

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
A big part of it is also because we are what we are: a relatively small PL club with a fan base similar to clubs like Saints and Palace where you also regularly spot empty seats, and I'd say larger than Watford and Burnley where you usually see plenty of empty seats. Believe it or not we don't have a fan base the size of Everton, Newcastle, Villa, Leeds et al, nor have we had the incredible success Leicester have had which has inevitably meant they sell out regularly suddenly (quick Google says they went from 22 to 25k averages in the championship before last time they got promoted)

Fickle fans too and ones who put other priorities first.

We definitely always have big gaps at August home games, fans on nsc talk of being abroad, we’ve done it before.

Then you see an absolutely packed Anfield or Elland Road.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
The small gaps in the NS last week, had disappeared today.

Still holiday season so that couldn’t be the explanation, I put this increase down to more people making the effort after the great display/wins over the last 7 days.

Then the players produce turd.

Which block in the North ? Lots more empty today in E than last week
Including our resident poet away trying to earn a living

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Fickle fans too and ones who put other priorities first.

We definitely always have big gaps at August home games, fans on nsc talk of being abroad, we’ve done it before.

Then you see an absolutely packed Anfield or Elland Road.

Yep.

But Liverpool etc are huge clubs where demand for tickets is massive. Its not rocket science that the smaller clubs in the league are the ones where you see empty seats bar the games against the big guns. Tis the same the world over.

We don't do too badly over the course of the season, anyway. Especially considering where we have come from. Near 30k watching us week in week out with very healthy percentage of kids around Sussex now wearing BHA shirts? Never would've believed it a mere 15 years ago.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Which block in the North ? Lots more empty today in E than last week
Including our resident poet away trying to earn a living

D.

Last week we had a load of empty seats in our row for example. Today a full house. Similarly all around us.

We’re not a million miles away from that area where stewards made a first half attempt to make everyone sit.

(Dunk and Veltman later sorted that issue out :smile:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here