Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ticket Exchange

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Bought a couple of ST Guest tickets for today, literally none available in my usual block so ended up in the SW Corner. At HT, moved to usual block as virtually every seat in our usual row was empty.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yep.

But Liverpool etc are huge clubs where demand for tickets is massive. Its not rocket science that the smaller clubs in the league are the ones where you see empty seats bar the games against the big guns. Tis the same the world over.

We don't do too badly over the course of the season, anyway. Especially considering where we have come from. Near 30k watching us week in week out with huge percentage of kids around Sussex now wearing BHA shirts? Never would've believed it a mere 15 years ago.

They had a similar clampdown about three years ago. ST’s had passed down generations without the club being told, whilst other people made a killing by using the seat as a commodity to sell. The solution agreed by all - an amnesty, where the current genuine holder became the new official holder. Then for once and for all non-transferable.

A cliche, but all the way back to the Goldstone I thought southern clubs have far more variable attendances. Whereas for Rangers, Celtic and a load of northern clubs, football really is a religion, they just don’t miss games.

Regarding us, no I never forget. When nsc’ers lately hope that Bloom’s new ticket rules fail and claim just a 25,000 plus crowd, I benchmark that to a few thousand at Withdean or 12,000 at the Goldstone to see Bedson/Sizen/Archer era teams.

Last edited:

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
Bought a couple of ST Guest tickets for today, literally none available in my usual block so ended up in the SW Corner. At HT, moved to usual block as virtually every seat in our usual row was empty.

This epitomises the problem
The solution has been mentioned previously by others today
DimBHA just doesn’t seem to see the long term potential implications for the club in the long term

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
They had a similar clampdown about three years ago. ST’s had passed down generations without the club being told, whilst other people made a killing by using the seat as a commodity to sell. The solution agreed by all - an amnesty, where the current genuine holder became the new official holder. Then for once and for all non-transferable.

A cliche, but all the way back to the Goldstone I thought southern clubs have far more variable attendances. Whereas for Rangers, Celtic and a load of northern clubs, football really is a religion, they just don’t miss games.

Regarding us, no I never forget. When nsc’ers lately hope that Bloom’s new ticket rules fail and claim just a 25,000 plus crowd, I benchmark to a few thousand at Withdean or 12,000 at the Goldstone to see Bedson/Sizen/Archer era teams.

Seem to recall gates at the Goldstone being not too far adrift from theWithdean years on occasion

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017

Regarding us, no I never forget. When nsc’ers lately hope that Bloom’s new ticket rules fail and claim just a 25,000 plus crowd, I benchmark to a few thousand at Withdean or 12,000 at the Goldstone to see Bedson/Sizen/Archer era teams.

Perhaps, although it's hard to compare clubs in modest towns/cities of the South to the old industrial powerhouse cities of the North... I always find it quite impressive that London has so many big clubs with big fan bases, and then a load of middle of the road sized clubs to boot. Outside of London no city in the south really compares with Manchester, Liverpool, Leeds etc...
And outside of Rangers and Celtic in Scotland...?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Perhaps, although it's hard to compare clubs in modest towns/cities of the South to the old industrial powerhouse cities of the North... I always find it quite impressive that London has so many big clubs with big fan bases, and then a load of middle of the road sized clubs to boot. Outside of London no city in the south really compares with Manchester, Liverpool, Leeds etc...

Glasgow and Liverpool clubs, possibly others, have always had large spheres of influence, long before single weekend away football tourism. Motorways, and ferries packed with fans from Ireland north and south, on a match day.

I still find our ascendancy impressive. I worked with an Albion director (not on club matters) in the Falmer proposals years, I think their financial projections had a break-even of something like 14,000. I remember anti-football types laughing, saying we’d never get such attendances. A personal view, I was confident. We have this county’s population virtually to ourselves and as kid I saw 28k to 33k at the Goldstone.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Glasgow and Liverpool clubs, possibly others, have always had large spheres of influence, long before single weekend away football tourism. Motorways, and ferries packed with fans from Ireland north and south, on a match day.

I still find our ascendancy impressive. I worked with an Albion director (not on club matters) in the Falmer proposals years, I think their financial projections had a break-even of something like 14,000. I remember anti-football types laughing, saying we’d never get such attendances. A personal view, I was confident. We have this county’s population virtually to ourselves and as kid I saw 28k to 33k at the Goldstone.

Yeah, I was always confident too. In my lifetime its always been a disadvantage being so close to the big London clubs, so it's great that things have changed so much in terms of youngsters supporting BHA since the Amex opened.

Back on topic, it's mad really that we're at a point now where people are frustrated that there were perhaps 'only' 25k bums on seats today, although I understand the frustration of others re seats going empty when they could've otherwise been occupied.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Loads of empty seats - good ones too - on MoTD. I was thinking about bringing the kids to this game but when I looked at what the club had for sale on Thursday it just seemed to be odd seats here and there and I couldn’t be bothered to hunt around trying to find 3 decent ones together. So we went to Cambridge Utd instead.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Loads of empty seats - good ones too - on MoTD. I was thinking about bringing the kids to this game but when I looked at what the club had for sale on Thursday it just seemed to be odd seats here and there and I couldn’t be bothered to hunt around trying to find 3 decent ones together. So we went to Cambridge Utd instead.

This is EXACTLY why the exchange should open when a stand/tier sells out rather than waiting for the stadium to sell out. Only 200 odd tickets left to sell yet I'm sure there were many many like you not able to get tickets together to go in a group so not bothering/being able to go.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

For the love of God Paul Barber read this and wake up! It’s crazy what they are doing. Open the exchange when there are less than 500 to sell or something. Or as others have suggested when a stand or block sells out.

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria
For the love of God Paul Barber read this and wake up! It’s crazy what they are doing. Open the exchange when there are less than 500 to sell or something. Or as others have suggested when a stand or block sells out.

Either that, or scrap the ticket sharing supplement and make MyAlbion+ a one-off, not annual, membership fee.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

I’m in the WSU, at least 15 seats empty around me yesterday ( anyone who says I smell is lying ) :)
I saw 4 empty seats in the front row, mostly long time season ticket holders usually around me.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Our usual row in WSL didn’t have many STHs pre-covid (or if it did, they were being swapped around a lot), but for the first two games this season it’s been shown as 100% sold out (I know because I’ve got extra ST guest tickets and was hoping to get them near us). It’s also completely sold out for Leicester and Arsenal too. Earlier this week the ticket site indicated just a handful of seats available in the whole block, but when I looked to select a seat there were none available at all.

Fast forward to the game, junior and his GF used our normal seats and my pal and I were near the SW corner as that was all that was available in WSL (easier with ticketing to all use the same entrance), but at HT junior messaged to say virtually the whole row was unoccupied - as last week - so we moved and took 4 seats together in our normal row. There were loads of empty seats in other rows in the block too.

It’s really odd……I wouldn’t have expected the row to now be full of new STHs, and even less for none of them to turn up for the first two games. Something fishy is going on with the ticket website, available seating or something else strange perhaps. It doesn’t make sense.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Was hardly swathes of empty seats today. East lower next to North as always loads of missing ST holders (still can't work out why that's the case there, game after game?!), otherwise empty seats dotted about but nothing like swathes...

Agree though that it's a real shame the club have changed the policy.

Disagree

Watching on TV you could clearly see many empty seats in NS, ESU and ESL
For the Albion to say it was a full house!!! Give your heads a wobble,

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Also for the 2nd home game in a row away end not sold out, think away games are something of a luxury at present in the current climate

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Disagree

Watching on TV you could clearly see many empty seats in NS, ESU and ESL
For the Albion to say it was a full house!!! Give your heads a wobble,

Yeah, I was commenting from my vantage point at the back of the east end of the North - could see empty seats at the north end of the East (as always?!) and the West/South/from what I could see of the North it didn't seem too bad. Motd made me realise there were a lot more than I thought.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here