Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ticket Exchange

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Is that a fact? Can’t remember which match it was but I thought Exchange opened before all tickets had been sold.

Yep it did with one of them, but it was like only late on the Friday before the match I think.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Is that a fact? Can’t remember which match it was but I thought Exchange opened before all tickets had been sold.

It was with that in mind I said it was usual practise for the club to wait until they've all sold. But yes there was a match recently when there was less 100 tickets left they opened it early.

DanR

Dec 26, 2020
Peasmarsh
Sorry if this has been answered in the past, have had a search but couldn't find anything mentioned.

Does anyone know when the club open up the exchange to purchase tickets from? Looking at the ticket website for Palace there are about 150 tickets left to sell, all in the lower SE corner. Some friends want to go but are reluctant to sit there (not the best view and next to the undesirables).

Hi, Not sure how many tickets you're after but I've noticed two seats next to each other in east upper E3D.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
a tiny amount of undesirable singles etc. .

Undesirable they might be for some but not everyone and they're not singles. There's still multiple pairs and threes and fours available in the SE corner.
(about 150 in total)

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
The ticket sharing scheme has worked pretty well in my experience.

The cost was £20 for it and one membership for a friend for £25. Basically the cost of one category A match ticket.

Just an FYI when you transfer the ticket to the member the paper ticket get's e-mailed to the season ticket holder for you to pass onto the person. At no point has the name on the ticket been cross referenced when entering the stadium. So you could pretty much pass that ticket onto anyone. Obviously you wouldn't want to do that though.

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
It just seems so so mental that the club haven't opened the exchange by this point...

Less than 150 tickets left, let's say that's worth about £5k in ticket sales.

Surely having as many bums on seats as possible for what is the biggest game of the season for a lot of fans is worth more than that?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

The cost was £20 for it and one membership for a friend for £25. Basically the cost of one category A match ticket.

Just an FYI when you transfer the ticket to the member the paper ticket get's e-mailed to the season ticket holder for you to pass onto the person. At no point has the name on the ticket been cross referenced when entering the stadium. So you could pretty much pass that ticket onto anyone. Obviously you wouldn't want to do that though.

What's that got to do with the exchange?

amexer

Aug 8, 2011

Apart from cost aspect nobody has said scheme is not ok if you know an Albion member who you want to share with on a regular basis

GM98

Sep 6, 2008
Shoreham
My daughter and friend want to go to the Palace game, they won't go unless they sit near me. So if the exchange doesn't open, another two possible future fans won't be going.

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
My daughter and friend want to go to the Palace game, they won't go unless they sit near me. So if the exchange doesn't open, another two possible future fans won't be going.
Well said. This sort of personalised clarity has become popular in parliamentary questions and is effective in demonstrating the real impact.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Every time Friday’s game gets quite close to a sell out, they add more seats! Makes you wonder why those tickets weren’t already on sale in the first place.

Just the other day they added about 7 or so in the WSU, they also opened a small part of S1F and today they’ve added a block of 16 right on the end of E3H, I assume those are ‘family/friends of players’ returns.

Looks like the exchange won’t be coming online for this one, which is a big shame as quite a few thousand STH’s won’t be turning up.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Every time Friday’s game gets quite close to a sell out, they add more seats! Makes you wonder why those tickets weren’t already on sale in the first place.

Just the other day they added about 7 or so in the WSU, they also opened a small part of S1F and today they’ve added a block of 16 right on the end of E3H, I assume those are ‘family/friends of players’ returns.

Looks like the exchange won’t be coming online for this one, which is a big shame as quite a few thousand STH’s won’t be turning up.

They could join the sharing scheme !

Salty_Seagull

Quality over quantity
Jul 2, 2015
Brighton/Hove
In case anyone was interested I've been tracking the seats remaining for the Palace game over this week (yes, work has been very slow).

Monday morning started out with 156 available, mostly in the SE corner (50+97). Then with the odd few scattered around the stadium (5 in SW corner, 4 in lower West)

Monday afternoon with about 124 seats left they expanded S1G (SE corner) to open up 75 new seats = 230 seats now available

Come Tuesday afternoon 133 were seats left (50 in SW corner, ~80 in SE corner)

Tuesday evening they opened a whole new section (S1F, 40 seats), the section right next to the away fans in the SW corner. Presumably they shortened the partition to create these. Total at 168

Tuesday night, numbers slowly decreasing to 129. 50 in SE corner, 50 in SW corner

Wednesday morning, tickets were at 114. 1 hour later a whole load of new sections had the odd couple of available tickets (upper east and behind the dugouts). Total now at 143. After using the chat function on the website I confirmed this was "not the ST exchange opening" [durr] but E3H (16 seats in a small section in the South end of the East upper) had opened due to "player allocations not being used".

We are now sitting at 112 tickets. The upper East shelf still has 14 the others are in the SE and SW corners (both adjacent to the away fans)

I do wonder how often these seats are actually taken before they open the exchange. A lot of people I have heard from say they want to go to the game but not to be sat round there. How much do the club stand to lose by opening the exchange at this point? They'll make some money off the full price ticket being taken from the ST exchange, plus all the money from food/drink/merch that these customers will buy. Also the fact they could be allowing a new generation of fans to come in.

I do get that they want to sell ALL of the unused seats as a priority though, but at some point they must realise people are not wiling to buy them

Last edited:

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Whilst I may moan about sharing scheme I can understand exchange not opening until club tickets sold. However do think they should open when only tickets available are next to away supporters (especially Palace ) Surely club must know that many potential customers will not sit in these areas. I to have been waiting for 2 seats in an area not showing. To late now as they have told me will be doing something else.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
They could join the sharing scheme !

I assume you’re joking :smile:

If it was me, there’s no way I’d pay an extra £20 for a game I wasn’t attending. Ticket’s already been paid for, so club not losing out on any money. Actual crowd would be much bigger without the sharing scheme and so would the amount of spending in the stadium. Club ultimately loses out, but I think you knew that already :thumbsup:

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I assume you’re joking :smile:

If it was me, there’s no way I’d pay an extra £20 for a game I wasn’t attending. Ticket’s already been paid for, so club not losing out on any money. Actual crowd would be much bigger without the sharing scheme and so would the amount of spending in the stadium. Club ultimately loses out, but I think you knew that already :thumbsup:

Yes::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here