Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ticket Exchange

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
It’s not unusual for Palace to either not sell out or to do so so late that it is difficult to sell a ticket on the exchange. We have rarely been able to make what’s usually an evening kick off so have tried to sell a few times with no success. Like it or not the Brighton match day ticket buying public prefer the visits of Liverpool, Man U etc to those of Palace.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
How much do the club stand to lose by opening the exchange at this point? They'll make some money off the full price ticket being taken from the ST exchange, plus all the money from food/drink/merch that these customers will buy. Also the fact they could be allowing a new generation of fans to come in.

I'd argue they'd make more by opening the exchange than not doing so. Get full price for the seats that were originally sold at season ticket price plus food/drink/programme/shop sales. A lot of people, especially those with kids, don't want to be anywhere near the Palace scum for this match.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I'd argue they'd make more by opening the exchange than not doing so. Get full price for the seats that were originally sold at season ticket price plus food/drink/programme/shop sales. A lot of people, especially those with kids, don't want to be anywhere near the Palace scum for this match.

Yes, but that has to be counter balanced by the tickets they would fail to sell for the next match. People would expect the exchange to open early and would delay their purchases accordingly. It is not as straightforward as some ST holders would want given their only wish is to sell their seat and recoup some money.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
How much do the club stand to lose by opening the exchange at this point? They'll make some money off the full price ticket being taken from the ST exchange, plus all the money from food/drink/merch that these customers will buy.

I'm not a Sodexo shareholder, but if I were I'd be a bit concerned about the business model whereby Sodexo purchase all the food and drink wholesale plus hire, train and pay staff to retail it yet BHAFC seemingly get all the revenue.

But I agree that the Exchange should open far sooner than it does. I've often looked at (non-Exchange) ticket availability in the lead up to a game with a view to purchasing for me and 2 children - but (i) the sections that are available, and (ii) the scattered nature of the seats make it a non-starter so we go to a League One match instead. Then I watch the highlights on MoTD and see row after row of empty blue seats that would have been perfect for us, had they been available to buy.

Last edited:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I'm not a Sodoxo shareholder, but if I were I'd be a bit concerned about the business model whereby Sodoxo purchase all the food and drink wholesale plus hire, train and pay staff to retail it yet BHAFC seemingly get all the revenue.

Exactly. I reckon it's either Sodexo pay a 'fee' to run be there / run it but get all the revenue - or it is some kind of revenue split. In which case the clubs share is probably minimal so impact is probably not even a days wages for Lewis Dunk

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I'm not a Sodoxo shareholder, but if I were I'd be a bit concerned about the business model whereby Sodoxo purchase all the food and drink wholesale plus hire, train and pay staff to retail it yet BHAFC seemingly get all the revenue.

But I agree that the Exchange should open far sooner than it does. I've often looked at (non-Exchange) ticket availability in the lead up to a game with a view to purchasing for me and 2 children - but (i) the sections that are available, and (ii) scattered nature of the seats make it a non-starter so we go to a League One match instead. Then I watch the highlights on MoTD and see row after row of empty blue seats that would have been perfect for us, had they been available to buy.

Perhaps the club should make less tickets available as season tickets ? There would then be more decent seats available to match by match buyers such as yourself and no need for a ticket exchange.

Salty_Seagull

Quality over quantity
Jul 2, 2015
Brighton/Hove
On that note, they must have sold a lot of half season tickets this year. I logged onto the ticket website 1st thing for the Chelsea game and there were barely any pairs of seats available in the upper West. For all previous seasons I've had no issues getting a group of seats together up there

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I'm not a Sodexo shareholder, but if I were I'd be a bit concerned about the business model whereby Sodexo purchase all the food and drink wholesale plus hire, train and pay staff to retail it yet BHAFC seemingly get all the revenue.

But I agree that the Exchange should open far sooner than it does. I've often looked at (non-Exchange) ticket availability in the lead up to a game with a view to purchasing for me and 2 children - but (i) the sections that are available, and (ii) the scattered nature of the seats make it a non-starter so we go to a League One match instead. Then I watch the highlights on MoTD and see row after row of empty blue seats that would have been perfect for us, had they been available to buy.

If you have a fan number there’s currently groups of three tickets in varied parts of the ground for Chelsea, Burnley and Villa.
If you leave it to the Exchange - if it opened - you’d have to pay full price for your 2 kids .

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Although 100 plus more Seats now up the one I put up for an elderly relative who is ill is not up. Strange that obviously not putting all of ticket exchange availability up

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I've long thought exactly the same.

The messaging is horribly mixed here as the real news is "There are now loads of tickets available in all parts of the stadium". But would a casual fan know that?

Indeed, they could say "due to high demand we've opened the ticket exchange and X extra tickets are now available" or the like. Us STH would know what sold out and exchange means but causal fans wouldn't.

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021
Although 100 plus more Seats now up the one I put up for an elderly relative who is ill is not up. Strange that obviously not putting all of ticket exchange availability up
Only a few available is how they market it .drips & drabs

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Brother in laws ticket upper west central and the pleasure of sitting next to me! It's up there go and get it! :)

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I've long thought exactly the same.

The messaging is horribly mixed here as the real news is "There are now loads of tickets available in all parts of the stadium". But would a casual fan know that?

"SOLD OUT - RESALE OPEN" would be fine, wouldn't it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here