Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ticket Exchange Open for Arsenal Match

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
The trains - seeing as the club have no control, leave it up to fans to pay for tickets and Southern to MIS-manage it as they are. Bonus is delay repay when it goes wrong.
Corrected for you

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
To be honest I fail to see the point or benefit of it now. It’d surely be better for the club to scrap it all, leave it up to the fans. If you want P&R, you pay for it, it’s ticketed and run like a paid for service with the right amount of capacity rather than a ‘favour’ for fans.

The trains - seeing as the club have no control, leave it up to fans to pay for tickets and Southern to manage it as they are. Bonus is delay repay when it goes wrong.

The buses - you buy a ticket.
If it was purely up to Southern it is pretty much guaranteed they'd close Falmer station on match days (like they did for FBS gig, and like they do to Preston Park station every Pride day). Southern's way of managing crowds is to close down the most useful stations on the day

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Because telling me to take my frustrations out at Southern directly isn’t helpful. I’m not their customer, the club presumably pay Southern on our behalf every season, so surely they have some interest in whatever it is they are paying for. Or maybe Southern blindly send an invoice and the club pay it without any dialogue or contract.

My feedback was I did not think Southern putting on 2x 4 coach trains along the west coastway an hour on a Sunday was sufficient.
What was the specific question you asked PB?

Did you ask whether there was any performance metrics / expectations of service against the fee we pay the train companies? Or is the arrangement nothing more than than us bulk buying travel at a discount with no expectation or say on volume / frequency of service

I suspect it’s the latter, I would be shocked if the train companies agreed anything with a football club needing their service 19 times a season, beyond their normal service, frankly, why would they?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
What was the specific question you asked PB?

Did you ask whether there was any performance metrics / expectations of service against the fee we pay the train companies? Or is the arrangement nothing more than than us bulk buying travel at a discount with no expectation or say on volume / frequency of service

I suspect it’s the latter, I would be shocked if the train companies agreed anything with a football club needing their service 19 times a season, beyond their normal service, frankly, why would they?
Basically said the Sunday service in place wasn’t sufficient. 2x 4 coach trains an hour along the west coast way which were absolutely full by Shoreham 2 hours before kick off. Could the club get feedback as to why this was put on.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Basically said the Sunday service in place wasn’t sufficient. 2x 4 coach trains an hour along the west coast way which were absolutely full by Shoreham 2 hours before kick off. Could the club get feedback as to why this was put on.
Thanks,

I think that’s the issue, the club has no say, there are no KPI’s with the trains and we simply bulk buy tickets on the normal service without any control.

Naturally it would be easier if the club just came out and said this explicitly!

However I suspect they won’t, as there’s probably a long term agreement that they play their part in the subsidised public transport to meet requirements of getting the build in the first place.

If they come out and say it’s bulk buy only and not based on service or performance some people will then say, do away with it and reduce season ticket costs and for fans to make their own travel arrangements, despite the club probably tied in for a few more years

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
Thanks,

I think that’s the issue, the club has no say, there are no KPI’s with the trains and we simply bulk buy tickets on the normal service without any control.

Naturally it would be easier if the club just came out and said this explicitly!

However I suspect they won’t, as there’s probably a long term agreement that they play their part in the subsidised public transport to meet requirements of getting the build in the first place.

If they come out and say it’s bulk buy only and not based on service or performance some people will then say, do away with it and reduce season ticket costs and for fans to make their own travel arrangements, despite the club probably tied in for a few more years
Personally I think the travel scheme , overall is a good thing
It may have a few blips occasionally that prove frustrating
Imagine how much longer it would take if tickets on the buses and trains had to be scrutinised closely

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Having been in bed most of the week with a bug I decided not to risk going over so have listed mine, if anyone of looking for a seat in the second row of the middle of WSU.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here