Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ticket Exchange Open for Arsenal Match

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Who can and cant buy tickets for the game? What does it cost and take to get a ticket? As a ST holder can I just buy another ticket anywhere in the ground (not that I want to)? What deterants are in place to ensure no away fans get into other parts of the ground?
After Charlton and PB's rant about our away fans, is he doing anything to stop away fans entering our ground in the wrong areas?
Also, if this really does show as a sell out, which it will, it will encourage SKY/BT/Amazon to put on more games at stupid times for the fans but great for the arm chair viewer.
Visit the ticketing website and most of your questions will be answered. The information is there!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
But is it? I expect there is a clause somewhere but can I just buy a ticket and pass it on? What if said person 'loses' his ticket once in and sits in any empty seat, of which there will be many. And can a gooner just buy membership and a ticket?
Looking at the ticket site for the Arsenal game they can buy two tickets

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
But is it? I expect there is a clause somewhere but can I just buy a ticket and pass it on? What if said person 'loses' his ticket once in and sits in any empty seat, of which there will be many. And can a gooner just buy membership and a ticket?
I personally know local Spurs and Arsenal fans that have A+ memberships - more so they can watch a PL game when they feel like it, but they’ll also go to their respective teams away games. Not something the club can stop unless they out themselves by being a nuisance on match day

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Gooners have left it too late to get an Albion+ membership (at a cost of £34) to get a ticket for Saturday's game!

Screenshot 2022-12-30 at 11.48.03.png

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I’m not disagreeing at all - I don’t use the P&R. It’s just the notion advanced by some - that the club don’t “give a shit” or aren’t interested.
But that is the case. There was someone on here that wrote to Paul Barber about the issues ( and this was before the withdrawal of the bendy buses ) and the response was 'not our problem, contact the transport provider'. That response IS not giving a shit.

I'll accept changing how Southern is operating is a big ask and highly unlikely to happen but the club should be beating them with a stick and publicly. Not telling individual fans to deal with it.

When it comes to Mill Road P&R then that is entirely under the clubs control. Surely someone at the club would have thought 'Ah, capacity is going to be halved when the bendy buses go so maybe we should hire more buses.'. I did speak to someone at B&H Buses about this and they said the club hire 12 buses per match and it is 12 buses they get - capacity isn't part of the deal. So once again that IS the club not giving a shit.

Finally, Mithras House P&R has never been replaced. Once again that IS the club not giving a shit. It's strange, one of the key arguments for the stadium where it is was that the club would lay on transport to encourage people out of their cars. For the first season ( and the second if I remember correctly ) in addition to the P&R sites there were a number of pickup routes - I used to catch the one from outside the Grenadier - the buses might have been old workhorses but the system worked like a dream. Yet, over the ten years, and despite an increase in capacity and attendance, the transport system has been parred back. That IS the club not giving a shit.

Even if there is little the club can do they should be seen publicly to be explaining why. That way we could all see they do give a shit.

I'm in the same boat as @Publius Ovidius in that I'm seriously thinking of not renewing next season - I don't wish to be queueing for an hour plus after a match, even in good weather, just to get back to my car. I may give in for the next two seasons just so I go with my son before he goes off to Uni. After that though, if there is no improvement, I will definitely not renew.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

I'm in the same boat as @Publius Ovidius in that I'm seriously thinking of not renewing next season - I don't wish to be queueing for an hour plus after a match, even in good weather, just to get back to my car. I may give in for the next two seasons just so I go with my son before he goes off to Uni. After that though, if there is no improvement, I will definitely not renew.

I'm not entirely sure either of you are being fair, using the worst game for transport, as your benchmark for success.

When the fixtures were announced this would have been the worst.
Train disruption guarantees that.
Fixture change ices the cake.

If Bournemouth and/or Fulham are fooked and the team aren't winning, even the top table might finally take notice.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I'll accept changing how Southern is operating is a big ask and highly unlikely to happen but the club should be beating them with a stick and publicly. Not telling individual fans to deal with it.

When it comes to Mill Road P&R then that is entirely under the clubs control. Surely someone at the club would have thought 'Ah, capacity is going to be halved when the bendy buses go so maybe we should hire more buses.'. I did speak to someone at B&H Buses about this and they said the club hire 12 buses per match and it is 12 buses they get - capacity isn't part of the deal. So once again that IS the club not giving a shit.

Even if there is little the club can do they should be seen publicly to be explaining why. That way we could all see they do give a shit.
I hear you. Isn’t the best way of testing this publicly is to put these issues to the club and see the response rather than assume they’re not bothered.
I’m guessing you’ll get a reply and then we’ll know.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
While I do think the club could do a bit more and at least acknowledge some of the failings - I do think fans need to be realistic about how to disperse 32k fans from anywhere.

I don’t do a lot to away games but recently done Emirates & London Stadium - both take a long time, but you spend part of it walking and then queueing to get away. You go to Wembley and it can take a long time to get away.

Did fans really campaign to build a stadium in the middle of nowhere next to the A27 and expect anything much better ? I think the perception of standing around for 20-30min makes it feel a lot longer

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I hear you. Isn’t the best way of testing this publicly is to put these issues to the club and see the response rather than assume they’re not bothered.
I’m guessing you’ll get a reply and then we’ll know.
To be fair I did, and even acknowledging the club have no direct control; they presumably have a commercial contract with Southern seeing as they pay them our travel subsidy so would have some kind of feedback / communication channels and this was the response I got:

Thank you for your email.

As we have explained, I’m afraid train services are not something we can control in any way whatsoever.

I can only suggest you direct your very understandable frustration to Southern directly.

Regards, Paul

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I'm not entirely sure either of you are being fair, using the worst game for transport, as your benchmark for success.

When the fixtures were announced this would have been the worst.
Train disruption guarantees that.
Fixture change ices the cake.

If Bournemouth and/or Fulham are fooked and the team aren't winning, even the top table might finally take notice.
I'm actually using the Villa game as the benchmark ( I'm away for tomorrow's match ) - which I believe was the first one without bendy buses. I'll accept it is the first and only match without them but the experience matched that of the match on a strike day. I'm not prepared to tolerate that type of experience up to 19 times a season.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
To be fair I did, and even acknowledging the club have no direct control; they presumably have a commercial contract with Southern seeing as they pay them our travel subsidy so would have some kind of feedback / communication channels and this was the response I got:

As we have explained, I’m afraid train services are not something we can control in any way whatsoever.

I can only suggest you direct your very understandable frustration to Southern directly.

Regards, Paul
Yes -thanks - understood but there’s a bunch of other issues that have been raised here about Park and Ride - interested to hear what they say. . And I also - as brief as it was - don’t recognise the idea that sharing a frustration at the service that Southern provides and the lack of control the club have over it equals “club don’t give a shit”.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Yes -thanks - understood but there’s a bunch of other issues that have been raised here about Park and Ride - interested to hear what they say. . And I also - as brief as it was - don’t recognise the idea that sharing a frustration at the service that Southern provides and the lack of control the club have over it equals “club don’t give a shit”.
Because telling me to take my frustrations out at Southern directly isn’t helpful. I’m not their customer, the club presumably pay Southern on our behalf every season, so surely they have some interest in whatever it is they are paying for. Or maybe Southern blindly send an invoice and the club pay it without any dialogue or contract.

My feedback was I did not think Southern putting on 2x 4 coach trains along the west coastway an hour on a Sunday was sufficient.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm actually using the Villa game as the benchmark ( I'm away for tomorrow's match ) - which I believe was the first one without bendy buses. I'll accept it is the first and only match without them but the experience matched that of the match on a strike day. I'm not prepared to tolerate that type of experience up to 19 times a season.
That's kind of what I'm saying .
If the club got caught out by busgate then we can expect improvement, just not on NYE.

If Villa is the new normal, that'll be evident at those 'lesser' games.

The only way that can be sustained as normal is by an unprecedented amount of winning encouraging the tourists to take our tickets.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
Have the club always done this & not allowed those with purchase history to buy on the exchange if it's a 'big' match? I've not noticed it before but I get tickets for games when I can (not who we're playing) & usually get some for an Xmas game. Means it will be Feb before we can go to a match. :(

goldstoneseagull

Aug 9, 2017
Have the club always done this & not allowed those with purchase history to buy on the exchange if it's a 'big' match? I've not noticed it before but I get tickets for games when I can (not who we're playing) & usually get some for an Xmas game. Means it will be Feb before we can go to a match. :(
They have allowed purchase history for these games in previous years.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Maybe the club need to host a Fan Forum dedicated to transport issues to
Maybe the way forward is a Fans Transport Forum to clear the air. Or a priority matter for that fan council thing if its still up and running and has grown any teeth

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Maybe the way forward is a Fans Transport Forum to clear the air. Or a priority matter for that fan council thing if its still up and running and has grown any teeth
To be honest I fail to see the point or benefit of it now. It’d surely be better for the club to scrap it all, leave it up to the fans. If you want P&R, you pay for it, it’s ticketed and run like a paid for service with the right amount of capacity rather than a ‘favour’ for fans.

The trains - seeing as the club have no control, leave it up to fans to pay for tickets and Southern to manage it as they are. Bonus is delay repay when it goes wrong.

The buses - you buy a ticket.

Reactions: abc

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013

How about a Fans Advisory Board as a bridge between club and the fans with regular communication and updates to alleviate any key concerns many supporters have?

Oh a giant flag, right, right

amexer

Aug 8, 2011

Regards, Paul
I dont understand club saying they have no control over train services. The Albion must hand over a lot of money to train company. When a contract was drawn up surely a minimum service was included in contract. Including number of trains in time before and after games. If for example no trains came to Falmer until an hour after game are club saying they would not talk to train company

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here