Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thousands of Romanians and Bulgarians spotted at the borders

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
In the beardy enclave of Sompting?
I would imagine theres more foreigners, AND muslims in my block of flats than there is in Sompting...but poor you.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
The Romanian and Bulgarian ambassadors to Britain have been summoned to Downing street for urgent talks this morning following the complete absence of the stampede of immigrants expected on New Years day. Prime Minister David Cameron explained “We were supposed to wake up on New years day to find them all camping on roundabouts and mugging pensioners. Looks like they’ve all gone to France or Spain instead. Or even worse stayed at home. How dare they not come here and piss on our sanctimonious bonfire like that.”

The lack of expected mass immigration, which has caused both the Daily Mail and Daily Express to have blank covers this morning, is thought likely to result in legal action. A spokesman for both papers explained ”We rely on immigration so we can make a living demonising it. So we want compensation for them not coming over here and they’re going to have to pay up. And if they need to come over here to work or claim benefits in order to raise the money to do that then so be it. And then we won’t rest until they’ve left.”

One disappointed British citizen told us “I haven’t worked for years. I was hoping I could put this down to an army of eastern European immigrants coming to take all our jobs or claim all our benefits or something. In the clear absence of such an influx I am being forced to finally admit to myself that the reason that I am not in gainful employment is because I’m a bit lazy. So I’m joining the English Defence League instead where I can convince myself that it’s not me being lazy or at fault in any way, it’s Muslims.”

i presume thats a daily mash article or something. but what a vile last paragraph. british people really will shit on each other eh. we have hundreds of thousands of people suffering due to, and communities decimated by, deindustrialisation, and the same dicks who say on here they want to dance on thatchers grave, also enjoy sneering at her victims. disgusting. there is no end to British snobbery.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
No, no, no. They all live in Hoxton. You can tell because everyone there has a beard.

I have a beard. So watch out.

Crikey! What about designers then? I work with loads of them and there are loads of beards about.

I'm starting to think there may not be as big a connection between facial hair and religion as I previously thought. How am I supposed to recognise all these non-British non-Christians? I feel at risk. Help me Paul Dacre! Help me!!!!

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I know of plenty of people who have never worked... when there is low paid, back breaking, getting up early in the morning work available....if they dont take it....what are employers meant to do?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
In the beardy enclave of Sompting?
I would imagine theres more foreigners, AND muslims in my block of flats than there is in Sompting...but poor you.

Nice one, youv'e managed to shoehorn muslims into the post again. The thread is about Romanians and Bulgarians coming to a country that YOU do not live in.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
???? Why would I do this? As has been pointed out twice now I do not see immigration as having as much impact as the Tory's cuts. You can feel free to concentrate on the minor side stories, small details and red-herrings regarding UK services but I prefer to concentrate on the real root cause of why they are being decimated.

Decimated or not, by the current govt or previous ones, there is only so much the system can take....if you suddenly think that health, education and welfare systems in this country have only been under pressure since the 2008 economic crash forced budgets to be trimmed, then I suggest you think a little 'wider'..... the ever increasing population (immigration and older population) might possibly have something to do with it.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
i presume thats a daily mash article or something. but what a vile last paragraph. british people really will shit on each other eh. we have hundreds of thousands of people suffering due to, and communities decimated by, deindustrialisation, and the same dicks who say on here they want to dance on thatchers grave, also enjoy sneering at her victims. disgusting. there is no end to British snobbery.

It's called satire. There are lazy British *******s and lazy Romanian *******s. Your nationality shouldn't stop you being satarized or called out. If there's a problem it's not that the paragraph attacks the British lazy, it's that you'd probably end up reported and with the page pulled from publication if you wrote it about another group.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I haven't been to Hoxton for some time. Has everyone shaved in the last ten years?

Yup, and sold their lofts to city types. The burger joints are all gourmet now.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Decimated or not, by the current govt or previous ones, there is only so much the system can take....if you suddenly think that health, education and welfare systems in this country have only been under pressure since the 2008 economic crash forced budgets to be trimmed, then I suggest you think a little 'wider'..... the ever increasing population (immigration and older population) might possibly have something to do with it.

Exactly.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I'm not denying there is impact. But I simply do not believe that the impact is as great as the year-on-year billions the tory's have cut due to their nasty ideology. And if you want to remedy this situation then surely the bigger targets are more sensible to aim for? If you can show me that immigration is a net deficit on services anywhere near the billions the tory's wipe off the nation every year then I will reassess my position. Until then I will continue to think the way I do. The economy is screwed and unbalanced and all Cameron seems to be worried about is a few non-existent Bulgarians and Romanians. It seems you all have your priorities misplaced.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Despite the Daily Mail's specific report that all flights from Romania to the UK were full airlines report that this is just not true. In fact there were fewer Romanians and Bulgarians on flights to the UK than this time last year. The scaremongering is just not true. This is likely because the quarantine to 19 other EU countries was lifted some time ago and any Romanians or Bulgarians looking for work outside their own country have already departed for other destinations. Of course, if your argument is that in principle they shouldn't be allowed to live elsewhere then this undermines the whole idea of finding work abroad and considering there are something like 2 Million job vacancies currently up for grabs across the EU it would certainly make finding work harder for everyone if our movements were restricted.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
For me it's simple, if anyone wants to come here, work, pay their way and integrate into our culture, come on in. If not, I would rather they stayed where they are. I would expect to do the same if I went to live in any other country. I think it is reasonable to expect to have to do that.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I'm not denying there is impact. But I simply do not believe that the impact is as great as the year-on-year billions the tory's have cut due to their nasty ideology. And if you want to remedy this situation then surely the bigger targets are more sensible to aim for? If you can show me that immigration is a net deficit on services anywhere near the billions the tory's wipe off the nation every year then I will reassess my position. Until then I will continue to think the way I do. The economy is screwed and unbalanced and all Cameron seems to be worried about is a few non-existent Bulgarians and Romanians. It seems you all have your priorities misplaced.

You do have a point. Though was it not Labour that have now admitted that it got mass immigration wrong. Maybe both points have contributed, and it is the people that actually LIVE here that are affected.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here