Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thousands of Romanians and Bulgarians spotted at the borders

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
FFS. 27 pages debating something the rest of Europe got to grips with over a decade ago. EU, rail, airports.....can the UK be quick and decisive about anything?

And isnt it about time you reformed the NHS again? Or maybe teaching? I mean, this has not been totally over hauled for a while now. At least a year or so.

France and Germany did......everyone else had to simply follow the masterplan....

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
No it isn't.

If you were a lawyer then I am sure you could argue that executive authority in the commission existed with the 1958 Treaty of Rome, however you would also know on the other side of that argument that when subsequent EU treaties are introduced (like Maastricht in 1992) then the articles in these historical treaties are updated (or repealed).

The Lisbon Treaty changed previous EU treaties, including the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union (i.e. the Treaty of Rome), and it passed executive authority from the European Council (made up of the EU member state Govts) to the EU Commission. So that was a new development.................as below.

2. Where uniform conditions for implementing legally binding Union acts are needed, those acts shall confer implementing powers on the Commission, or, in duly justified specific cases and in the cases provided for in Articles 24 and 26 of the Treaty on European Union, on the Council.

http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=CELEX:12008E291:EN:HTML

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
FFS. 27 pages debating something the rest of Europe got to grips with over a decade ago. EU, rail, airports.....can the UK be quick and decisive about anything?

And isnt it about time you reformed the NHS again? Or maybe teaching? I mean, this has not been totally over hauled for a while now. At least a year or so.

Someone has to stand up for the British working class in this country, because neither tories or international liberals or Marxists are going to do that............its a shame I have to because its what the old Labour Party used to do. MPs like Eric Varley, Peter Shore and Michael Foot must be spinning like tops in their graves.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Someone has to stand up for the British working class in this country, because neither tories or international liberals or Marxists are going to do that............its a shame I have to because its what the old Labour Party used to do. MPs like Eric Varley, Peter Shore and Michael Foot must be spinning like tops in their graves.

You're an embarrassment to the British working class. As I pointed out earlier, creating an economy with skilled jobs is a much much better way of dealing with immigration than this crass reactive simplistic approach you adhere to. Besides, I class myself as working class and you certainly do not represent me.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
You're an embarrassment to the British working class. As I pointed out earlier, creating an economy with skilled jobs is a much much better way of dealing with immigration than this crass reactive simplistic approach you adhere to. Besides, I class myself as working class and you certainly do not represent me.

Nope, you are a buffoon.

In Soistes laudable tome yesterday he was clear about his political ideology, and that amounted to an internationalist view where his concerns for the plight of British workers in this country were of no more priority than for other workers from Bulgaria, Romania or as likely any other foreign national.

You fell completely in line with that view........which is cool, albeit I don't share the same international liberalist (or should I say Marxist) view of the world.

Your problem is that if you had the same political self awareness of Soistes you would fully understand what that ideology means.

The Labour Party in this country do understand it these days and that is why they have been regularly apologising and furiously back pedalling on their record on immigration when they were in power.

It is that simple.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here