Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thousands of Romanians and Bulgarians spotted at the borders

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
You LIVE THERE...tell me how its affecting you.

and dont forget to explain the relevance of you putting a link concerning a terrorist attack in Russia, on a fecking M&S staff policy thread.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
For me it's simple, if anyone wants to come here, work, pay their way and integrate into our culture, come on in. If not, I would rather they stayed where they are. I would expect to do the same if I went to live in any other country. I think it is reasonable to expect to have to do that.

Actually, I don't often agree with you but this is spot on. I have lived in three other countries. In Australia I didn't have to learn the language and there is no culture (*ducks*) but in Taiwan and Japan I had language and cultural lessons from the first week I arrived and didn't seek to claim a penny of benefit.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Actually, I don't often agree with you but this is spot on. I have lived in three other countries. In Australia I didn't have to learn the language and there is no culture (*ducks*) but in Taiwan and Japan I had language and cultural lessons from the first week I arrived and didn't seek to claim a penny of benefit.

Damning with feint praise. :)

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
YOU DONT FIT THERE SO I WOULDNT CONCERN YOURSELF ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

regards
DIP

Although, every country wants an idiot to laugh at, so you do have a purpose.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
'Thousands of Romanians and Bulgarians spotted at the borders' - they just heard Nick Griffin's job may shortly be up for grabs.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
No, I didnt actually. My company chose it for me.
Im not unhappy with their choice though. Thanks for your concern.

I'm not concerned, just answering your post. I'm more concerned with the country that i live in. What is your concern with a country you do not live in.

Jan 30, 2008
the Firm that supply agency staff where i work took on 25 Romanians about a month before Christmas, 3 failed the urine test on the first day, only four had good enough understanding ( very good may i add) of the English Language to be able to do the job well .They went on to receive 2 days on the job training and were very good but they didnt bother coming back , one even complained it was too cold !
have they "borrowed " anything yet :whistle:
regards
DR

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I'm not concerned, just answering your post. I'm more concerned with the country that i live in. What is your concern with a country you do not live in.

Because its MY country...its a country ive lived in most of my life...its a country ive SERVED...its a country I intend to retire in....

You keep forgetting to tell me the link between a terrorist atrocity in the Russias, and M&S internal staff policy. Dont forget.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Why should I leave a job I enjoy?...oh yeah, then Ill be BRITISH...like YOU.....

wow..I can see where ive gone wrong now..thanks.

Actually it's English. I just thought that with your obvious concern about a country that you choose not to live in, you might want to come back. Or will you just pick up the pension, NHS and winter payments when you retire.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

regards
DIP

The UK is a very big villiage.

That said, DR is a very big idiot.

Jan 30, 2008

regards
DIP

COULD SAY THE SAME THING ABOUT YOU BUT DO YOU KNOW WHAT I THINK A LOT OF PEOPLE ON HERE ARE HAVING A CHUCKLE ON YOU
regards
DR

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
This is likely because the quarantine to 19 other EU countries was lifted some time ago and any Romanians or Bulgarians looking for work outside their own country have already departed for other destinations.

They have indeed, close on 4 million already across those 19 countries, most in Spain and Italy because of the language similarities..... however, as we all know, Spain in particular has catestrophic unemployment, there will be a steady flow of those disenchanted in those countries which of course will not be noticed by those of Guardian reading persuasion....it would ruin their anti conservative headlines.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Actually it's English. I just thought that with your obvious concern about a country that you choose not to live in, you might want to come back. Or will you just pick up the pension, NHS and winter payments when you retire.

'Actually, its English' ?? haha Nope...no way are you a 'little Englander'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here