Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thousands of Romanians and Bulgarians spotted at the borders

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
thats very silly and way off the mark.

No it isn't. Brighton's demographic and economy has been wildly and negatively distorted by all manner of migration especially London commuter types. This latter group are the biggest issue Brighton has in my opinion.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Pressure on school places, doctors etc eh. Cameron's over-zealous cuts or a smattering of extra EU residents? I think we all know where the greater issue lies but it's always easier to point a finger at a foreigner.

wtf have cuts got to do with it? if you have just a dozen kids dumped on a school because their parents decide to walk into the country and the local authority is duty bound to school them, thats an increase in numbers that the authority hasnt been able to plan for. do we a) stuff them in the corner, increasing the teacher/pupil ratio and reducing all the pupils learning outcomes, b) get a new class room, new teachers to accomodate with increase to budget of hundreds of thousands of £ and cut something elsewhere, or c) tubtumper's solution?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
wtf have cuts got to do with it? if you have just a dozen kids dumped on a school because their parents decide to walk into the country and the local authority is duty bound to school them, thats an increase in numbers that the authority hasnt been able to plan for. do we a) stuff them in the corner, increasing the teacher/pupil ratio and reducing all the pupils learning outcomes, b) get a new class room, new teachers to accomodate with increase to budget of hundreds of thousands of £ and cut something elsewhere, or c) tubtumper's solution?

Which part of "greater issue" did you not quite understand? My point is that in the grand scheme of things a few immigrants is nothing compared to the negative impact the Tory's wide spread over-zealous cuts are having to services. Idiot.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
The best bit about immigration for me is that it winds up the right wingers and little-Englanders much much than I can ever achieve.

The 'offended' ones, are usually the ones who go on about 'muslims being offended'
Two sides of the same coin...the serial offended.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Theres been plenty of jobs that immigrants have been taking....they seem to be mostly the jobs that British unemployed seem to avoid, due to early morning starts, and back breaking work, for minimum wages....

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Which part of "greater issue" did you not quite understand? My point is that in the grand scheme of things a few immigrants is nothing compared to the negative impact the Tory's wide spread over-zealous cuts are having to services. Idiot.

Nice and selective as usual HT..... try putting the whole story together, include all the factors you lot have thrown into the debate......then come up with a joined up view of the consequences or otherwise of fairly largescale immigration.....this wave or any other wave....

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

and maybe its those incidents on the front line, on the small scale that have the impact on people in the here and now the most, not something that is flagged and planned for years down the line.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
It's been 2 days now and I haven't bumped into one Romanian or Bulgarian. I'm a little annoyed to say the least as I was promised an influx!

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I see you managed to shoehorn "muslims" into a debate that is about Romanians and Bulgarians.

Coming from somebody who placed a link concerning a terrorist attack in Russia onto a debate about M&S staff policies...
pretty ****ing funny.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Now, I did bump into a muslim. At least I think he was a muslim. He had a beard. He may not have been a muslim at all. Maybe he was still on holiday and just hadn't shaved. Anyway, I'm assuming he was one.

How many men with beards constitutes an influx?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Nice and selective as usual HT..... try putting the whole story together, include all the factors you lot have thrown into the debate......then come up with a joined up view of the consequences or otherwise of fairly largescale immigration.....this wave or any other wave....

???? Why would I do this? As has been pointed out twice now I do not see immigration as having as much impact as the Tory's cuts. You can feel free to concentrate on the minor side stories, small details and red-herrings regarding UK services but I prefer to concentrate on the real root cause of why they are being decimated.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Now, I did bump into a muslim. At least I think he was a muslim. He had a beard. He may not have been a muslim at all. Maybe he was still on holiday and just hadn't shaved. Anyway, I'm assuming he was one.

How many men with beards constitutes an influx?

Beard? maybe a hipster? Whatever, if you have a beard you are clearly trying to hide something.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
and maybe its those incidents on the front line, on the small scale that have the impact on people in the here and now the most, not something that is flagged and planned for years down the line.

Agree. The nasty party cutting billions from vital services does have impact on people the most.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Hide something? Was he one of the Al Queda muslims that the Mail has told me about? What if he was Romanian as well? Is there a government hotline I can call to be safe?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here