Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Since coming here Hughton has invariably put a defensively briefed midfielder on as a sub to defend a result - Ince, Sidwell, Crofts.
Two injuries and we wouldn't be able to do that unless we retain Ince or bring in someone new.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Since coming here Hughton has invariably put a defensively briefed midfielder on as a sub to defend a result - Ince, Sidwell, Crofts.
Two injuries and we wouldn't be able to do that unless we retain Ince or bring in someone new.

Yes, and before Bong was injured that defensive midfielder was Rosenior.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Yes, and before Bong was injured that defensive midfielder was Rosenior.

Very good point.
Let's hope we get lucky with injuries. Last season's serious injury absentees included Bong, LuaLua, March, Crofts, Greer, Hunnemeier, Zamora............

As it stands we will need a lot more luck than that

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Very good point.
Let's hope we get lucky with injuries. Last season's serious injury absentees included Bong, LuaLua, March, Crofts, Greer, Hunnemeier, Zamora............
You forgot Rosenior's horrendously timed injury too! That really cost us................

Yes, we will need a bit more luck (and a bit more cover) this time round.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Can we at least have a rumour today or something about a signing? Getting really bored of this pre season now.

That Argentine striker we chased in vain all last season, Calamari!?

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
A "Calamari " Spokesperson said via Calamari's agent that he wanted to move and that he was a such a gifted player and a Tentacle genius , it was a shame to see his career end as such a damp squid .

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Can we at least have a rumour today or something about a signing? Getting really bored of this pre season now.

That's the way the club works these days. I remember two seasons ago when the Argus ran with the Baldock, Clayton and Ward set to sign headline and we only got one of them. Much better for us to know nothing until announced and keep it all quiet.

Anyway, there's not a lot left to do anyway. We need a full back and are set to sign the young player from Fleetwood, although it's not impossible we'll sign another full back. And the only other players we definitely need are a central defender and a striker. Others might come in but we're hardly desperate at the moment. If we started the season with this squad, I'd feel reasonably confident as we ended up signing four players in August last year and they did okay except for Manu.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would be comfortable with starting the season with what we have but would hope the club have learnt from last seasons injuries the need for cover and not have 1 player who can cover about 4 positions.

Tekanne

Feb 4, 2015
I would be comfortable with starting the season with what we have but would hope the club have learnt from last seasons injuries the need for cover and not have 1 player who can cover about 4 positions.

Are you suggesting we might need another left back by any chance?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
With Hunemeier missing for the first few games you'd be happy with Dev Squad cover at central defence ?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
That's the way the club works these days. I remember two seasons ago when the Argus ran with the Baldock, Clayton and Ward set to sign headline and we only got one of them. Much better for us to know nothing until announced and keep it all quiet.

Anyway, there's not a lot left to do anyway. We need a full back and are set to sign the young player from Fleetwood, although it's not impossible we'll sign another full back. And the only other players we definitely need are a central defender and a striker. Others might come in but we're hardly desperate at the moment. If we started the season with this squad, I'd feel reasonably confident as we ended up signing four players in August last year and they did okay except for Manu.

they meant this August:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here