Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
We are currently down to just one first choice/experienced centre back. Goldson's injury may be short term and Hunemeier may be back in September and fit for the whole season it's one hell of a risk.

I reckon whether it was a priority before or not we will now sign a centre back within the next week or so.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We are currently down to just one first choice/experienced centre back. Goldson's injury may be short term and Hunemeier may be back in September and fit for the whole season it's one hell of a risk.

I reckon whether it was a priority before or not we will now sign a centre back within the next week or so.
We were twitter-linked to Cardiff's Bruno Manga last week alongside a load of other clubs.

Team full of Brunos.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
We were twitter-linked to Cardiff's Bruno Manga last week alongside a load of other clubs.

Team full of Brunos.

I saw that. The other clubs in for him were reportedly Swansea & QPR (as usual!!!).
Very good player. Would want to be guaranteed first choice I suspect.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Greer's replacement. Not Dunk's. Plus it sounds like Naaarwich want to get rid of him! Could be a goer.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Must be a MASSIVE incoming signing........desperate measures being put in place to raise the cash. Next thing you know they'll be charging us to get into a bar to stand up and drink crap beer.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Don't know what his contract situation is but I can't find anything indicating they want to let him go. Only the opposite.

Contract runs until 2018. Presume that he had a relegation wage drop clause built in to his contract, but even with that you'd presume that it'll be at the top of Brightons wage scale. Also little but surprised that some of the lower level Prem clubs like Palace and Burnley haven't made a move for him yet.

mike79

Sep 28, 2005
Bournemouth
Contract runs until 2018. Presume that he had a relegation wage drop clause built in to his contract, but even with that you'd presume that it'll be at the top of Brightons wage scale. Also little but surprised that some of the lower level Prem clubs like Palace and Burnley haven't made a move for him yet.

If you're talking about Russell Martin it's because he's not a premier league standard defender and was hopeless at centre back last season

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
If you're talking about Russell Martin it's because he's not a premier league standard defender and was hopeless at centre back last season

Good enough for Scotland though................... oh yeah. See what you mean :lolol:

Edit: Gotta laugh. A thread about signing a player today. We do and he doesn't get a mention :nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here