The tossers who leave early........

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
I buy the occasional excuse, the fact that SOME people leave early at every ground in the country. What I don't understand is the sheer volume of people who go, it's not the odd few, its absolutely THOUSANDS. By the 94th minute (y'know, the moment when Buckley has scored a late winner for the twelfth time this season) twe've lost about 20% of the crowd. It's absurd, and I think people are assuming it's always like the first few games when transport was appaulling

I stay afterwards for a beer (admittedly with no children or family commitments to get back to) and get home very comfortably on the second train, but even the one game where I've had to really shoot off sharpish (Hull), I saw the final whistle, got to the train queue comfortably and onto the first train with about 5-10 minutes wait. Getting away isn't the mission it once was, and the kids excuse is, quite frankly, a crap one for a 3pm saturday kick-off. And if you think it's valid, then I can only assume your child goes to bed at 6 and therefore has never attended a night game because kick-off would already be nearly two hours past bedtime.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I buy the occasional excuse, the fact that SOME people leave early at every ground in the country. What I don't understand is the sheer volume of people who go, it's not the odd few, its absolutely THOUSANDS. By the 94th minute (y'know, the moment when Buckley has scored a late winner for the twelfth time this season) twe've lost about 20% of the crowd. It's absurd, and I think people are assuming it's always like the first few games when transport was appaulling

I stay afterwards for a beer (admittedly with no children or family commitments to get back to) and get home very comfortably on the second train, but even the one game where I've had to really shoot off sharpish (Hull), I saw the final whistle, got to the train queue comfortably and onto the first train with about 5-10 minutes wait. Getting away isn't the mission it once was, and the kids excuse is, quite frankly, a crap one for a 3pm saturday kick-off. And if you think it's valid, then I can only assume your child goes to bed at 6 and therefore has never attended a night game because kick-off would already be nearly two hours past bedtime.

We used to sneak off half way through stoppage time (but never at Withdean) just to get the first Mithras bus, but luckily never missed an Albion goal.

Now we stay to the very end, then run round, and still get home very early (5.20) to a far away part of Brighton.

This despite larger numbers than ever (5,000?) doing an early runner.

With the buses, I think it is all working really well now. YOU CAN STAY TO FINAL WHISTLE & STILL GET HOME PROMPTLY.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
This thread is what I love so dearly about NSC.

I start an - admittedly slightly aggressive - thread about a pet hate I have about football - people leaving early. It is not something I will ever understand and some of the excuses still make little sense to me. I was 7 years old at The Goldstone and I still don't remember persuading my Dad to take me home early EVER. ***hint to parents - perhaps your child doesn't like football***

Rather than simply dismiss my remarks as slightly inflammatory or over-the-top, I now have half of NSC telling me I have no social life (for the sake of my bank balance I wish that was true) and one poster implying that I am a PAEDOPHILE. This is like when murraymints started a thread about a lack of atmosphere and everyone accused him of being a Virgin. The connection was lost on me.

I hate NSC users filled with self-importance who start a new thread rather than add to an existing one on the same subject (or, in this case, numerous ones) - but, you know, I'm not going to start a new thread about it.

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
for fucks sake no one has given me the credit for leaving early against forest and leicester to ensure we won. if i had stayed we would have drawn both and been 4 points worse off.

Now come on credit where credit is due

Deanbha

Mar 27, 2008
Living in the real world.

Summed it up perfectly.

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
I have a seven year old girl that comes with me normally we will stay to the end if it's a 3 pm KO. I did take her to Leeds as it was a Friday night but I left a few minutes before then end because I felt it was safer to do that. I needn't have worried because although the train was packed out with Leeds fans - I found them very friendly and they chatted to us on they way back to Brightin even telling my little girl to "hold mummy's hand as its busy".

I will leave again on Tuesday night as she's coming with me as its half term - I don't fancy her seeing any trouble at the station from any stupid fans trying to be lairy.

I didnt take her to Palace when they came to us or West Ham as they were evening matches on school days.

I still don't give a toss what anyone thinks of me because I leave two minutes early. I do what is right for me and my child and don't think I or anyone else should be labelled a tosser because I am a responsible parent?

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
for fucks sake no one has given me the credit for leaving early against forest and leicester to ensure we won. if i had stayed we would have drawn both and been 4 points worse off.

Fair enough, can you just go and have a pie and a pint after five minutes v Millwall and then just go home. LOL

stroller

Jun 24, 2011
Do people leave early so they dont have to que, or do those that stay till the end not have to que as much because others leave early?

hmm.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Do people leave early so they dont have to que, or do those that stay till the end not have to que as much because others leave early?

hmm.

Latter

Big Cuddly Pandas.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
And this is what i love about NSC. A complete knob making a stupid comment, getting hammered by nearly every reply, igoring smilies and jumping on his high horse of being accused of being a PAEDOPHILE (I was actually implying your friends are children becasue your posts make yourself look a young child), and then having comebacks which make him look even more childish. What amazes me you registered in 2003 is the fact you were born in 2003! I didn't acuse you of being a pedo, I accused you of being a complete pratt.

That connection would be lsot on you. But I doubt on many others.

What makes you a even bigger knob, it you continue to insult people on here, yet you admit yourself you have left a game early THIS season AT THE AMEX....... you couldn't make it up

(awaits another unwitty random one line response)

Who have I "continued" to insult?

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
The one and only time I've left early was in 1982 at the Goldstone when a jobsworth copper decided I was too drunk & promptly ejectd me from the North stand. I'm still ashamed.....of leaving early.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location

Nail. On. Head.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
I hate NSC users filled with self-importance who start a new thread rather than add to an existing one on the same subject (or, in this case, numerous ones) - but, you know, I'm not going to start a new thread about it.

Zzzzz.

As I have already said, I was making a point about the amount of late winners this season.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
It would appear that Chesney is in fact a very very sad little man with serious issues

Have a look at this PM he just sent me.....

not gonna clog up NSC anymore with this rubbish...... You STILL don't get it do you?

I have now posted several times to explain that I have no issue with people who leave early due to circumstance, and the original post was directed at people who leave early on a REGULAR BASIS who have no reason to do so (e.g. long trips home).

I gave the examples of me leaving early to prove the point that I don't have an issue with people leaving early due to circumstance.I have had to do it twice myself.

I have not insulted anyone since the initial post (please quote me to prove me wrong) yet you have insulted me several times. I have refused to insult you back despite your provocations.

You are impossible to reason with. You have started numerous threads criticising Ashley Barnes (a young footballer who is doing his best for our club) yet you are incredibly quick to get in your high horse (Taricco for example) when someone does the same.

I have no doubt that you won't have the guts to reply to this message, but I wanted to get my point across.

..........................................................................................................

and I thought I'd seen and come across every type of werido on NSC. It appears not. The last line made me chuckle the most. How pathetic can one person be:nono:

Anyway, for what its worth here's my reply

You really are a sad little man to bother to even try and explain yourself.

Do you think I or anyone else gives the slighest f*** about what a silly little man like you thinks. If you don't want to clog up NSC with rubbish, take a look at your original thread.

You're a f***ing pain in the arse, that talks shit.

Where have I started numerous threads about Barnes you wally? I started one. Try and stick to the facts.

The reason i jump on some other threads, is too often on here people change there views on players and slag them off one week, and love them the next depending on team results. I've stood by my views on Barnes for a year, because I dont think he's good enough, and I am not blinded by a run of 3 or 4 decent performances, where in my view he's playing vlose to the same standard as the other players, but people think he's playing great, because he's not playing shit.

The bottom line is, you posted a load of shit, and virtually to a man, everyone who posted more than a few words shot you down, yet you still tried to argue.

You want a quote post numbr 91. "I get home from games at 6pm you lunatic." There you go you're proved wrong.

Haven't got the guts to reply. I'll tell you what I'll post it in the forum, just to prove what a total sad little wally you really are.

No run along, bed time, let the grown ups on here have a chat, without silly little boys running around being a pain

Now doubt in the moring, he'll come out with some line that I'm flirting with him as he does, trying to look like he's clever and doesn't give a shit.

When as we all know, for him to take the time to effort to PM, he obviously does give a shit.

What a first class :tosser: Another one to add to my "owned" list :lol::lol::lol:

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield

Well done mate. As you say credit where credit is due. The next time its 0-0 with 10 minutes to go, I fully expect you to get up and do the honourable thing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports