Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The tossers who leave early........

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
.... have so far missed:

Buckers last minute goal against Doncaster.
Barnes' late penalty against Liverpool, which created a very exciting last few minutes.
Buckers last minute goal against Forest.
Sparrow putting the icing on the cake against Saints with the 3rd goal.
Buckers last minute goal against Leicester.

You've pay £35 a month for a season ticket, and you've missed nearly all the best bits.....

:lol:

Meanwhile, I'll happily sit in the traffic that you successfully dodged..... revelling in the recent memory of last minute winners, 16,000 people going ballistic in tandem, the fantastic afterglow of a win, clapping off a group of honest professionals who have given their all and that special moment at 5pm when a group of people you don't even know have just made your weekend.

Keep doing what you're doing guys. After all, its important to get home in time for Catchphrase.....

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
.... have so far missed:

Buckers last minute goal against Doncaster.
Barnes' late penalty against Liverpool, which created a very exciting last few minutes.
Buckers last minute goal against Forest.
Sparrow putting the icing on the cake against Saints with the 3rd goal.
Buckers last minute goal against Leicester.

You've pay £35 a month for a season ticket, and you've missed nearly all the best bits.....

:lol:

Meanwhile, I'll happily sit in the traffic that you successfully dodged..... revelling in the recent memory of last minute winners, 16,000 people going ballistic in tandem, the fantastic afterglow of a win, clapping off a group of honest professionals who have given their all and that special moment at 5pm when a group of people you don't even know have just made your weekend.

Keep doing what you're doing guys. After all, its important to get home in time for Catchphrase.....
I really don't see why it bothers you enough to start the 672nd thread on it. I could understand it if you was pissed off that people got in your way by leaving early, but just to gloat is a bit sad really, especially when there a hudnred threads about this already, and peoples reasons for leaving early.

Personally I applaud the team off and dont leave until the last players has left the pitch, but thats me.

I could say your a tosser for sitting in traffic, as you obiously dont have any friends to meet after the game for a drink. How sad are you!

I think theres only one tosser here :tosser:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Thousands, but none that I've seen with a positive slant like this one!

Yes, calling them tossers and dismissing any actual legitimate reasons they may have as simply 'getting home in time for catchphrase'. I feel the love and positivity simply bubbling over.

Last edited:

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Yes, calling them tossers and dismissing any actual legitimate reasons they may have as simply 'getting home in time for catchphrase'. I feel the over and positivity simply bubbling over.

Shush, I'm wearing my blue and white tinted spectacles.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
I really don't see why it bothers you enough to start the 672nd thread on it. I could understand it if you was pissed off that people got in your way by leaving early, but just to gloat is a bit sad really, especially when there a hudnred threads about this already, and peoples reasons for leaving early.

Personally I applaud the team off and dont leave until the last players has left the pitch, but thats me.

I could say your a tosser for sitting in traffic, as you obiously dont have any friends to meet after the game for a drink. How sad are you!

I think the lady does protest too much Mr Burns. Personally, in all the years (35 and counting) I've watched the Albion, I have left a game early once - the 3-0 reverse at home to Oxford in 90/91. Yes, ONCE, even though as we made the Play-Offs that year I feel rather guilty about that fact. Don't have any friends to meet after the game for a drink? Really, what saturday night ends at 5.30 does it? Bullsh*t. It's an attitude, Mr Burns. You either leave early cos you've got something better to do (or if you're older and worry about missing the rush for the trains cos you know you're now too slow) or you stay til the end. Simple, as.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I feel Catchphrase is very much underrated though. "Its good, but its not right" has entered the vernacular of western culture almost exclusively due to Roy, that jovial gaelic comic and his wiley celt charm. Yes his smile looks "plastic" at times, maybe even insincere after so many years in front of Derek from Loughton and Karen from Smethwick. But who can deny the sudden rush of adrenaline when Mr Chips reaches for a gun in his holster only to pull out a potato - I deny ANYONE not to leap from their couch, point at the screen and cry "SPUD GUN !" at the top of their voice when that scenario unfolds. You just can't buy that.

Does a Buckley last minute prod against Forest REALLY match up to moments like those ? You decide.

Brighton247.com

Jan 22, 2012
WSL
Personally I dont leave until the last player has left the pitch, win, draw or loose. I do give the away fans a little chant if they leave prematurely and there losing 'we can see you we can see you, we can see you walking out! 'bye bye bye bye' and all that, with a little wave!! Don't really bother me too much when people around me leave as in the final minutes especially if we're producing goal scoring opportunities everybody's standing up and the people who leave in my area all duck down. Still I'm there untill the end after CMS does his lap and all the players are of the pitch. New to the forum so havn't seen a thread like this...

Sep 1, 2010
I never leave early but quite frankly could not give a shit what other people are doing. A lot of people having a spaz about something that has always happened and always will. The same for people moaning like C**** about others leaving their seats for a piss or a refreshment during match. It just happens, it happens at every match with every team at every stadium SO WHAT

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.

:thumbsup:

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
I don't leave early - but maybe, like me, people live 70 miles or more away in Kent and they
want to get back before 8pm on Saturday!

Just a thought.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Yes, calling them tossers and dismissing any actual legitimate reasons they may have as simply 'getting home in time for catchphrase'. I feel the love and positivity simply bubbling over.

There are plenty of legitimate reasons and I'm sure there will be some trotted out on here. Probably not enough legitimate reasons to justify 3000 leaving early,mind,but each to their own.

I'm just confused that, if people only have a limited amount of time available, they don't arrive late and see the game to the end. More interesting stuff happens at the end than the beginning

Discodoktor

Apr 28, 2011
Guildford
What about all those tosses than turn up late. They turn up 45 mins before kick off and jam up the food and drinks bar. They wonder why azure can't manage it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here