Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The tossers who leave early........

Prof P

Sep 22, 2004
I've been watching the Albion, home and away, for 112 years now, often without shoes on and once when I had full blown AIDS, and only ever left early once. That was against Hereford back in the 90's. Some time during the first half I spotted an orphan trying to save a drowning kitten. So I left the ground just before half time and swam 4 miles with both orphan and kitten on my back through ice water.

So, yeah, so that makes me a tosser too right, yeah...?

You heartless bastard

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
I've been watching the Albion, home and away, for 112 years now, often without shoes on and once when I had full blown AIDS, and only ever left early once. That was against Hereford back in the 90's. Some time during the first half I spotted an orphan trying to save a drowning kitten. So I left the ground just before half time and swam 4 miles with both orphan and kitten on my back through ice water.

So, yeah, so that makes me a tosser too right, yeah...?

You heartless bastard

Ha ha!

All joking aside, some people on this thread seem very VERY confused, listing various examples of one-off occasions where they left early because of circumstance. Given that I gave 5 seperate examples of late drama this season was it not obvious that I was referring to people who do it on a REGULAR BASIS?

I do worry about people on here a little.

For the record, I have left 3 games early in my 24 years of support:

Once out of anger, sadness, disappointment (Palace's third goal at The Amex)
Once out of necessity (Carlisle last year..... at 3-2)
Once because of Mong (Peterborough 2002)

This doesn't mean I am calling myself a tosser.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
For those of you who leave early because of young children or long drives back home, I apologise. You're aren't tossers.

Young child AND a long journey home. Thanks.

Also, despite leaving early from almost every game, I've only missed ONE goal from your list and at least FIVE HOURS of queuing.

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
I leave 4/5mins early since i found it saves me 30/35 mins on getting home,if you want to wait to the end and have nothing further to do on a Saturday evening, its your choice.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
I leave 4/5mins early since i found it saves me 30/35 mins on getting home,if you want to wait to the end and have nothing further to do on a Saturday evening, its your choice.

Ha! Nothing further to do on a Saturday evening? I get home from games at 6pm you lunatic.

You're missing the best bits buddy. For the sake of an extra half hour of crap telly, when you could have been enjoying pandemonium with 16,000 other people. Makes perfect sense.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
This thread is what I love so dearly about NSC.

I start an - admittedly slightly aggressive - thread about a pet hate I have about football - people leaving early. It is not something I will ever understand and some of the excuses still make little sense to me. I was 7 years old at The Goldstone and I still don't remember persuading my Dad to take me home early EVER. ***hint to parents - perhaps your child doesn't like football***

Rather than simply dismiss my remarks as slightly inflammatory or over-the-top, I now have half of NSC telling me I have no social life (for the sake of my bank balance I wish that was true) and one poster implying that I am a PAEDOPHILE. This is like when murraymints started a thread about a lack of atmosphere and everyone accused him of being a Virgin. The connection was lost on me.

I love you NSC - don't go changing xxx

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I think people would be suprised (if they left on full time or after) at how quickly they get home now. The club are improving thiongs every game. I think those who leave early to avoid ques are judging from the first few games where it was all new. Also found that staying for a beer for half hr usually means no que at the station for most games. I'd much rather do that then miss a minute. Yes I understand the 'it's got nothing to do with you' argument but at the same time it does look shit and is annoying at the ammount of people that leave. Just my opinion but it could ultimately affect the odd player if they noticed loads leaving in the last 5 or 10 mins when often they need our support most...

Of course people leaving early for medical / family reasons etc is not what this thread is about or my post just for the record.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

I start an - admittedly slightly aggressive - thread about a pet hate I have about football - people leaving early. It is not something I will ever understand and some of the excuses still make little sense to me. I was 7 years old at The Goldstone and I still don't remember persuading my Dad to take me home early EVER. ***hint to parents - perhaps your child doesn't like football***

Rather than simply dismiss my remarks as slightly inflammatory or over-the-top, I now have half of NSC telling me I have no social life (for the sake of my bank balance I wish that was true) and one poster implying that I am a PAEDOPHILE. This is like when murraymints started a thread about a lack of atmosphere and everyone accused him of being a Virgin. The connection was lost on me.

Why dont you just go and support Palace if you dont like it....

:lol: That would have come eventually my page 6.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I leave all evenings games as the board for stoppage time goes up. I don't like doing it, I would certainly much rather stay until the end, but I have to in order to guarantee getting home. For me, I would rather watch 89 minutes of football and get home the same night as opposed to not bothering at all.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield

And this is what i love about NSC. A complete knob making a stupid comment, getting hammered by nearly every reply, igoring smilies and jumping on his high horse of being accused of being a PAEDOPHILE (I was actually implying your friends are children becasue your posts make yourself look a young child), and then having comebacks which make him look even more childish. What amazes me you registered in 2003 is the fact you were born in 2003! I didn't acuse you of being a pedo, I accused you of being a complete pratt.

That connection would be lsot on you. But I doubt on many others.

What makes you a even bigger knob, it you continue to insult people on here, yet you admit yourself you have left a game early THIS season AT THE AMEX....... you couldn't make it up

(awaits another unwitty random one line response)

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
the only thing i hate about people leaving early is that other bad nob heads take up the seat as they try to get closer to the exit.

stay in your own seat until the match has finished or leave the ground as soon as you leave your seat, i had some little shit o'laying in my ear last week who iv never seen before and hope never to see again

Petty in the extreme .. if it allows supporters who have to leave early just a couple of extra minutes why would that bother you? Fucksake we all support the same cause!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here