The official Palace ticket thread [merged]

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
gutted i wont be able to make it due to me not being a STH (N)
would even pay to use someone's fan numbers for a few tickets :p

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I may have a couple of spares...only prob they will be in the home end, managed to get a few freebies from a club insider! i'll know nearer the time.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
Absolutley 100% correct sir (bet you never thought you'd see that).

The whole debacle is ridiculous. The lowest number of points the website mentions is 1330, and those people cant buy their tickets until 22nd January. How many people can have 1330 points? They would have to be Amex Season ticket holders (18,500) who were Withdean Season Ticket Holders (4,000 ish?) plus people who have been to at least 2 home cup games and 4 away games, or 8 away games and no home cup games - remembering that the majority of fans don't actually go to away games, I reckon this is only about 1500 people.

Surely the simplest way would have been to think "We've got 2700 tickets available, lets look at the database and see how many loyalty points the person in position 2700th has. Say it's 1250 points. Right, so we'll make tickets available for a week at 1250 points and upwards. That gives the 2700 most loyal fans the chance to get their tickets. If they aren't organised enough to sort out their tickets in a week, then tough luck. After a week, we'll make it 1100, that's probably another 2000 people. Give them a few days, and then if there are any left then just make it available to season ticket holders".

EASY.

this is simple and how it should be done...I have 1340 and bricking it that I won't get one

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
Id be impressed if we can sellout 2700 to those with over 1330 loyalty points, and those with more deserve it but i just cant see it happening. The point reward structure needs changing anyway. 10 points for going to Middlesborough and 20 for wrexham at home? Come on lads sort it out.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Id be impressed if we can sellout 2700 to those with over 1330 loyalty points, and those with more deserve it but i just cant see it happening. The point reward structure needs changing anyway. 10 points for going to Middlesborough and 20 for wrexham at home? Come on lads sort it out.

Only 10 points for Boro' away? Thats ludicrous.

Ken Newbury

Feb 6, 2006
1/2 mile from LDC country
Only 10 points for Boro' away? Thats ludicrous.

10 points for all away games (where the club does not benefit from the ticket price save for a small percentage) and 20 points for a home cup game (where the club does benefit from 100% of the ticket price) is very fair.

This subject has been doen to death on NSC over the last year and it is how it is.

Also not all Albion fans live in Sussex, many in the Midlands and Scotland for example, so there is no fair way of allocating points for away games other than the same for every away game wherever it is.

1360 points here. Roz has 1340. No chance of us getting adjacent seats, unless I wait four days between Sunday 15th January and Thursday 19th January before ordering my ticket.

I'm not complaining about the system, though. I reckon any season ticket holder who was a Withdean STH will get one.

If I hadn't been a Withdean STH, I might be pessimistic, though - even if I'd been to every game this season.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
1360 points here. Roz has 1340. No chance of us getting adjacent seats, unless I wait four days between Sunday 15th January and Thursday 19th January before ordering my ticket.

I'm not complaining about the system, though. I reckon any season ticket holder who was a Withdean STH will get one.

If I hadn't been a Withdean STH, I might be pessimistic, though - even if I'd been to every game this season.

The bobble hatters and thermos flask brigade wont be sitting in their allocated seats , they'll all be in the front few rows , telling the youngsters to piss off to the back of the stand.

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
Anybody like me annoyed about Palace away tickets?

What are the club playing at with the loyalty system for this game?!

I have 1310 loyalty points and the latest I have to wait to grab a ticket will be past the 22nd.

Not very happy.

Looks like paying on the gate for the odd away game has cost me a trip to Selhurst..

Last edited:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Don't you know anybody with 1400 points who isn't going and will pass on the ticket ???

Joey Deacon's Disco Suit

It's a THUG life
Apr 19, 2010
why are you angry? Sorry if I'm being thick but the game isn't until the 31st. Are you unhappy about the date or having to wait your turn or what? Genuine question.

MORTY

Jan 9, 2007
Basingstoke
What are the club playing at with the loyalty system for this game?!

I have 1310 loyalty points and the latest I have to wait to grab a ticket will be past the 22nd.

Not very happy.

Looks like paying on the gate for the odd away game has cost me a trip to Sellhurst..

So what system would you implement to prioritise tickets? Seems what the club are doing is the fairest way. IMO of course.

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
why are you angry? Sorry if I'm being thick but the game isn't until the 31st. Are you unhappy about the date or having to wait your turn or what? Genuine question.

The fact that by the time I am able to buy a ticket there is a very strong chance I won't be able to get one. I have done 7 away this season and a few paid on the gate. Seems like those ones will cost me getting a ticket for Palace.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports