Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The official Palace ticket thread [merged]

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Well, I don't know whether to get my ticket online tomorrow, or wait until monday so I can ask for a ticket towards the back - rather than getting given front row!

I though it was unallocated ? Stand where you like , first come first served.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
how many points does someone with an Amex + withdean ST start with if no other tickets bought??

is it 1250?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
You seemed very confident yesterday that you were going to get a ticket, do you think you'll get one now? Only interested because I have roughly the same amount as you (1100) and I'm worried as that's way below even the last category.

To be honest I am a little concerned now because of the bizarre way the club have done this. I was expecting 1400, then 1200, then 1100, then any STH. And I would have got one on the basis that a lot of people don't read NSC, don't keep an eye on the official site, and miss out on their window because of it. Where as I would have logged on the second they went on sale to anyone with 1100 or above.

BUT, I still think we will be able to get one. What I think will happen is that we will get to the 22nd January and the 1330 window, and the club will realise that they've only sold 1500 tickets. So they'll put them on general sale, resulting in the website going in to total meltdown again.

I'd love to know who makes these decisions at the club, and what the logic is behind it. Why is it a different system every time? Why not always have the same system, where the loyalty point windows go down by the same number e.g. 100, each time?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Any notion there will be a sizeable reduction because of the threat of violence is in my opinion rubbish, the ones that are put off are cancelled out by the neanderthals that go who are excited by the threat of violence and somehow manage to get a ticket come hell or high water, it will sell out, period.

It's not the threat of violence that puts people off, it's the threat of being "kettled" by the police for several hours after the match.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
I only have 1100 and that's WAY below the last category. Surely they will reach general sale as there can't be 2700 people above 1350 LP and who want to go to this.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
how many points does someone with an Amex + withdean ST start with if no other tickets bought??

is it 1250?

Yep. So for the lowest level of 1330, you'd need...

Withdean ST + Amex ST + some combination of 8 away league games or 4 Cup games.

I say it again: if we don't sell out to 1330+ pointers, is someone with 20pts (cheapie Wrexham ticket) equal to someone with 1320pts (Withdean ST + Amex ST + 2 Cup games + 3 away league games)?

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
To be honest I am a little concerned now because of the bizarre way the club have done this. I was expecting 1400, then 1200, then 1100, then any STH. And I would have got one on the basis that a lot of people don't read NSC, don't keep an eye on the official site, and miss out on their window because of it. Where as I would have logged on the second they went on sale to anyone with 1100 or above.

BUT, I still think we will be able to get one. What I think will happen is that we will get to the 22nd January and the 1330 window, and the club will realise that they've only sold 1500 tickets. So they'll put them on general sale, resulting in the website going in to total meltdown again.

I hope so.

PriapismBoy

Apr 18, 2011
Durrington
If you purchase tickets in the home end I think you can get a maximum of 4 tickets per 1 member. I expect there database will get flooded soon.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Absolutley 100% correct sir (bet you never thought you'd see that).

The whole debacle is ridiculous. The lowest number of points the website mentions is 1330, and those people cant buy their tickets until 22nd January. How many people can have 1330 points? They would have to be Amex Season ticket holders (18,500) who were Withdean Season Ticket Holders (4,000 ish?) plus people who have been to at least 2 home cup games and 4 away games, or 8 away games and no home cup games - remembering that the majority of fans don't actually go to away games, I reckon this is only about 1500 people.

Surely the simplest way would have been to think "We've got 2700 tickets available, lets look at the database and see how many loyalty points the person in position 2700th has. Say it's 1250 points. Right, so we'll make tickets available for a week at 1250 points and upwards. That gives the 2700 most loyal fans the chance to get their tickets. If they aren't organised enough to sort out their tickets in a week, then tough luck. After a week, we'll make it 1100, that's probably another 2000 people. Give them a few days, and then if there are any left then just make it available to season ticket holders".

EASY.

That's the best way of doing it.

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
I had 1,370 and just found out the next level after 1400 is 1380 so just brought a Peterbourgh ticket and now on 1380.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I only have 1100 and that's WAY below the last category. Surely they will reach general sale as there can't be 2700 people above 1350 LP and who want to go to this.

As I said in a previous post , it all depends on the number buying a ticket who have enough loyalty points BUT ARE NOT ACTUALLY GOING because they will pass it on to someone badgering them for a ticket.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Any notion there will be a sizeable reduction because of the threat of violence is in my opinion rubbish, the ones that are put off are cancelled out by the neanderthals that go who are excited by the threat of violence and somehow manage to get a ticket come hell or high water, it will sell out, period.

It will sell out for sure, BUT, no way will it sell out to those on 1330 and above.

LABHA

Feb 9, 2009
Littlehampton,Wick actually
So,if i am reading this,i am a season ticket holder,who has been to every game this year,home and away,and i will be in the same bracket as someone who has 0 loyalty points,and never been to any Brighton game in thier life?

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
I say it again: if we don't sell out to 1330+ pointers, is someone with 20pts (cheapie Wrexham ticket) equal to someone with 1320pts (Withdean ST + Amex ST + 2 Cup games + 3 away league games)?

That's the thing, I have 1310, but can't really afford the Wrexham game and I'm busy anyway. Surely they could live shorter priority periods to those with 1330+ and have bigger points gaps?
Don't really want to spend £15 on a Wrexham ticket just to get above 1330 loyalty points. Seems a bit wrong that, as you say, someone with 20 points gets the same priority as someone with 1320.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here